No announcement yet.

Sensei Al Perry just challenged me... for asking about his BJJ lineage!!! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that, and to me that is quite suspicious.

Comment

I am not being so nice and respectful as Mikey is on that thread.

Also on the school forum (not the MySpace forum), Perry says that this is akin to going to his school and questioning his credentials in front of his students and that that is equal to a challenge.
      I see nothing wrong with asking anyone there credentials/ranks in front of anyone.

Comment

Yes, it looks like his pretending that Mikey challenged him and insisting that he go through one of his students first whereas its him that has issued the challenge. If you need me to draft the appropriate legal releases just tell me.

Comment

Rofl, I think I need a shirt that have in huge type... "Tanomou!"
          I'd say the guy is definitely a douche, anyone who has verified training in damned near any art will tell you the lineage.

Comment

Lets me see .

1. Mikey talks to student and arguement happens.

2. Mikey get a post stating that this is the other guys teacher, and challenges Mikey.

3. Mikey asks for credentials and lineage to a BJJ black belt.

Am I right so far ? My question to Mikey is are you gonna go threw with it. In a sanctioned match.

Comment

So if I walked into this guy's dojo off the street and happened to ask him where he learned BJJ he would throw his number one student at me? Too strange. Mickey, if there was even a hint of smart assedness in you posts I would be on the fence but I thought you bent over backwards in an attempt to get a quite simple question answered.

Comment

Man, any of the BJJ instructors I'm aware of in Vancouver are more than happy to tell you their lineage/affiliations, and even use it as a selling point on their websites and promotional material. Also, I don't think that many BJJ instructors refer to themselves as 'Sensei,' and I noticed him referring to his "yellow" and "green" belt students in his forum, which aren't adult BJJ ranks.

He's in the Baltimore area, right? Is there anyone on here from one of the legit Baltimore BJJ clubs who knows anything about this guy?

Comment

I sent Jay Scully a message since he's the closest high ranking BJJer in the area I know, but he still hasn't got back to me.

I'm going to run this past my instructor (Joey), and see what he says, but if this guy truely has no credentials and insists on a match with me I absolutely plan to go up to his school and take him up on it as long as Joey is cool with it, or Jasculls doesn't tell me he's legit or something.

Comment

I recommend bringing witnesses, and a video camera. If he tells you to get off the property you will have to comply but you can ask if that means he doesn't want to live up to his challenge.

Comment

The witnesses are to protect you, in case he calls the cops.

Comment

Short scan of their forum = these guys are idiots.

Mikey, take Samuel B up on his offer of drafting the contract, and get this guy to sign it before the fight.

Comment

Technically its a waiver, but it will also need to spell out the rules of the contest. i.e. is it a pure grappling match or is it an MMA fight? Also a ref should be involved if its MMA.

Comment

I want to go! I have no car but we can carpool. The guy regardless of his rank and skill is a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by LI GUY 1
                              I want to go! I have no car but we can carpool. The guy regardless of his rank and skill is a dick.
                              As long as I get the okay from Joey I'll pick you up. one of my guys here already offered to drive, lol

Comment

Kick this guys ass, and get it on tape too so i can watch it over and over again!!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X