No announcement yet.

Sensei Al Perry just challenged me... for asking about his BJJ lineage!!! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KempoFist you are not on AIM, are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by LI GUY 1
      KempoFist you are not on AIM, are you going?
      Sure thing. Gots my camera with fresh batteries :)

Comment

This will not prove anything about his rank. It will show his student's technical ability though, which is something.

Comment

Maybe Mikey should make a friendly wager with Al when he gets to the venue: if he (Mikey) can submit Al's student in X amount of time, Al must inform Mikey of his lineage.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

For what it's worth, Al has said that Mecho guy is a blue belt at his academy.

Comment

Originally posted by KempoFist
              Anyway, how in hell did this Al guy get himself out of actually rolling or fighting?
              To me that and his lineage are the real questions. I know I have never heard of a real BJJ BB being challenged on his credentials and yet weasling out of he himself doing anything (providing lineage, rolling, fighting) to back it up.

Comment

So am I, and for what it's worth I am fine getting my ass beat if it happens. I intend to win, but if these gys are legit then they are legit, that is the point of this.

Comment

I still don't think they will show, but if they do I expect them to do worse than JFS and Rudy did. They are a group of guys garage training under a guy who won't name his lineage.

Comment

God I wish I lived closer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65
                      I still don't think they will show, but if they do I expect them to do worse than JFS and Rudy did. They are a group of guys garage training under a guy who won't name his lineage.
                      Actually I wouldn't be totally surprised if they were tough and able to fight. I know several "garage grapplers" with no lineage who pieced things together from tapes etc. While some nuances of techniques are lacking, many are very good fighters, just not good technicians.

Comment

Also, and this is just pure speculation, how do we know these people don't have a wrestling background (maybe it was already mentioned, but whatever)? There is no day I'm not surprised in finding people who have done wrestling, even if just a tidbit in HS, here in the US.

JFS and Rudy weren't garage grapplers, nor have a wrestling background, and never claimed to be. Whatever the hell they did or didn't, good, bad or just plain craptacular, it was strictly stand up. I'm not saying Sensei Al and his crew are the reincarnation of Kano in the middle of nowhere, but it's a bit overconfident to think they and his likes can be measured with JFS and Rudy's standards.

Unless you are a superb striker or a wrestler with a good base, you will be taken down by someone aggressive enough and determined enough to take you down. Whether that person can do something once on the ground, that's something else.

Don't be overconfident and approach with caution.

Comment

Tread softly, and carry a big kimura.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmiracleman
                            Tread softly, and carry a big ompelata.
                            Fixed that for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65
                              To me that and his lineage are the real questions. I know I have never heard of a real BJJ BB being challenged on his credentials and yet weasling out of he himself doing anything (providing lineage, rolling, fighting) to back it up.
                              Most BJJ black belts are quite notable figures. This guys name does not precede him...actually his name doesn't come up anywhere. Quite interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                                Also, and this is just pure speculation, how do we know these people don't have a wrestling background (maybe it was already mentioned, but whatever)? There is no day I'm not surprised in finding people who have done wrestling, even if just a tidbit in HS, here in the US.

JFS and Rudy weren't garage grapplers, nor have a wrestling background, and never claimed to be. Whatever the hell they did or didn't, good, bad or just plain craptacular, it was strictly stand up. I'm not saying Sensei Al and his crew are the reincarnation of Kano in the middle of nowhere, but it's a bit overconfident to think they and his likes can be measured with JFS and Rudy's standards.

Unless you are a superb striker or a wrestler with a good base, you will be taken down by someone aggressive enough and determined enough to take you down. Whether that person can do something once on the ground, that's something else.

Don't be overconfident and approach with caution.
                                LI GUY is a fairly solid wrestler for himself in addition to his BJJ credentials. He is also much more aggressive and scrappier than I could hope to be :P

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X