Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Triangles
      I thought he may be Dan Swift. He's an active poster on the myspace BJJ group, but he's also a BJJ purple belt if memory serves, and I believe his school is in PA

:icon_scraMaybe it's Dan Henderson
      In his post from Al Perry's forum it says he's from Portland Oregon area and trained at SBGi... I wanted to talk to him about what he thought of those guys... as thats the main school Im looking at joining when I move up there this summer... But If anyone else has an opinion on them I'd love to hear it... if for nothing else than to keep this thread bumped...

Comment

Originally posted by droberts
        In his post from Al Perry's forum it says he's from Portland Oregon area and trained at SBGi... I wanted to talk to him about what he thought of those guys... as thats the main school Im looking at joining when I move up there this summer... But If anyone else has an opinion on them I'd love to hear it... if for nothing else than to keep this thread bumped...

Well my opinion on them, which is a completely outside veiw, is that they're great.

but that's just judging from what I've seen of Matt Thornton on youtube. you should definitely ask someone that's trained there, lol

Comment

Well my opinion on them, which is a completely outside veiw, is that they're great.

but that's just judging from what I've seen of Matt Thornton on youtube. you should definitely ask someone that's trained there, lol
          Yeah I like what Ive seen and heard. I just wanted a real inside scoop. If Im going to be spending that kind of money(while being a starving student:read2: ) I wanna make sure its some good ej00katin'... :laughing7

Comment

There are black belts in just about every state, and they will come test you out... the ball is rolling
            I really am a reverend, I really am a brown belt, and I really will come to your studio in July
            :5help:
            :confused2

Comment

This whole thread rocks.

Sensei Al is 100% douche.

Comment

Looks like he has contacted a certain other board.

He now has a Wall of Shame. Fucking TMAers and their bullshit.

Comment

The jjgear guys can be a riot. They really will storm schools too.

Comment

Link?

Comment

It would be effectively impossible to track one down given how the threads there devolve into 1000 post trolling events and I haven't logged on in probably two years.

Nonetheless, to my recollection, Justin Garcia, the rev, AZChokster, Rob Kahn and several others were more than happy to give it a go with pretty much anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Browning
                        Link?
                        http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.p...c,77604.0.html

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                          This nonsense is going back to YMAS.
                          Whatever. If a fake BJJ black belt and the community's handling of it isn't MABS, what is?

I'll go post on the other board.

Comment

Originally posted by chingythingy
                            Whatever. If a fake BJJ black belt and the community's handling of it isn't MABS, what is?

I'll go post on the other board.

that's what I thought, but I guess we did turn it into a circus... and this is pure comedy at this point.

Comment

that's what I thought, but I guess we did turn it into a circus... and this is pure comedy at this point.
                              Honestly, even if the guy IS a complete fraud, how much damage can he possibly do when he seemingly has only 3 students, and no one else in the world can figure out where they train?

--Joe

Comment

the thread really devolved into a lolfest. When this debacle is all said and done we'll do another thread that sums up everything and he'll get an article on .org at least, and possibly .com as well.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X