• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1bad65
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear1980
    Are you retarded?

Then you show me the letter Rickson's lawyer sent.

And just to further show your ignorance, it was Rorion and Royce who were invloved in this. Rickson had nothing to do with it. Also, a letter from Rorion's lawyer would work too. Come on, prove your case....

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    We do not mind fighting you people
    in the ring set up by your own organization.
    The only thing that
    we want is to fight openly, so all the audience, reporters, TV-people
    and martial artists can see if you can really fight against us.
    We only want two conditions:
    This was supposedly a part sent by Emin. When the initial challenge was accepted the lawyer sent this part.

When my client unexpectedly answered that challenge with a counter
    challenge to you to fight you and/or your brother Royce outside
    your TV tournament, you never accepted the terms, dates, or the
    locations given.

So, who is the liar and who can't read. Nowhere in Emin's letter does he say "ONLY outside the ring."

Yes, I know the next argument will be but...but...but...the letters aren't true. If people, like Bear1980, are going to reference them in his argument then it is all fair game.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.m...&output=gplain

Now, he has 300 bare knuckle fights and he is undefeated. Well then step the fuck up, it is that simple. Calling someone retarded when you can't read is sad. He offered himself up and other fighters to fight the Gracie's.

He insulted the UFC and said it was fake.

Then his ass should have proven how fake that shit was and gone to fight in the UFC. Anything else is pussy shit.

Now please find the letters that show the Gracie's didn't wan t to fight.

For your information, the promoters are more than willing to pick
    up all travel and accommodation expenses for you, a trainer and a
    manager, so there is no excuse for your absence from the next
    tournament.

If you do not want to compete in the UFC, I will be glad to set up
    a date for you to come here, to the Gracie Academy in Torrance, and
    have a match with Royce Gracie for the press to view.
    Now please explain to everyone how this is a mutual duck by both parties? You challenge you show up.

Leave a comment:

• PunchyMcFace
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I wouldn't know since I do not read turk or German. As I said before, his enemys would love to detract him so you would think someon would have called BS and proved it over the last 30 years if he wasn't in a bunch of fights way back when, when he was famous. ocoarse that was back in the Newspaper days.
    Well that's a dumb statement. Since he has so many detractors they would have proved that he didn't fight anyone? How could you possibly prove that? You don't prove that things don't exist, you prove that they do. If you're claiming to be a bad ass you prove that you can fight. He hasn't.

Also, Turks speak Turkish, not "turk."
    As a Turk his very existence offends me.

Leave a comment:

• Bear1980
    replied
    Originally posted by 1bad65
    You're so ignorant it's sad. The fight was offered in the UFC, Boztepe ducked. Next it was offered at the LAPD gym, Boztepe ducked. The attorney involved was Boztepe's. Art Davie got involved, he was not a lawyer, he was the UFC matchmaker at the time.
    Are you retarded?

You cant tell me that Rickson was overtly keen and Emin was chicken because you can see from the letters that that's not the case. Both parties did'nt like each others terms.
    Last edited by Bear1980; 11/27/2007 6:09am, .

Leave a comment:

• 1bad65
    replied
    Essentially Emin wanted to Fight No Rules in a neutral Venue- RICKSON's attorney first offered the fight in a gracie affiliated Gym, then UFC both were declined by Boztepe. A WT gym was also declined by Rickson.
    You're so ignorant it's sad. The fight was offered in the UFC, Boztepe ducked. Next it was offered at the LAPD gym, Boztepe ducked. The attorney involved was Boztepe's. Art Davie got involved, he was not a lawyer, he was the UFC matchmaker at the time.

Leave a comment:

• variance
    replied
    Originally posted by Arhetton
    yes my friend runs a multimillion dollar car racing business where he teaches amateurs how to race cars.

for some reason he's never had a professional race in his life, but man, oh I can tell you some stories about how he used to race on the street, back in the old school days.

he challenged several professional drivers to a 'proper' race but they all backed down, and he's been street racing ever since.

everyone knows street racing is so much more dangerous and difficult than racing against the best drivers going at the highest speeds in the world.

you can criticize his street racing but we know it is the real shit and those professional racers have got no clue.

I don't think his defensiveness has anything to do with the fact that he might be earning alot of money teaching amatuers to street race instead of how to race professionally.

and hes been street racing for over 25 years! he must know how to professionally race by now!
    Does he live his life a quarter mile at a time?

Leave a comment:

• Arhetton
    replied
    yes my friend runs a multimillion dollar car racing business where he teaches amateurs how to race cars.

for some reason he's never had a professional race in his life, but man, oh I can tell you some stories about how he used to race on the street, back in the old school days.

he challenged several professional drivers to a 'proper' race but they all backed down, and he's been street racing ever since.

everyone knows street racing is so much more dangerous and difficult than racing against the best drivers going at the highest speeds in the world.

you can criticize his street racing but we know it is the real shit and those professional racers have got no clue.

I don't think his defensiveness has anything to do with the fact that he might be earning alot of money teaching amatuers to street race instead of how to race professionally.

and hes been street racing for over 25 years! he must know how to professionally race by now!

Leave a comment:

• Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    replied
    He doesn't fight people, he doesn't do sports, he had his period for this back in the Betamax days before most of these people were born.

no I will no arrange for Mc Slutty to fight him. He can figure out were the seminars are and crash them himself.

I wouldn't know since I do not read turk or German. As I said before, his enemys would love to detract him so you would think someon would have called BS and proved it over the last 30 years if he wasn't in a bunch of fights way back when, when he was famous. ocoarse that was back in the Newspaper days.

Soju-Joe basically summed it up. however, he has sparred with many people over the years that have come into seminars.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyCache
    replied
    1. Yes they do. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying Emin would have won the fight.

Essentially Emin wanted to Fight No Rules in a neutral Venue- RICKSON's attorney first offered the fight in a gracie affiliated Gym, then UFC both were declined by Boztepe. A WT gym was also declined by Rickson.

2. The whole Baz vs Emin thing was down to a Dutch Martial Arts magazine shit stirring. .Nobody backed down they just realised they'd been had.

This subject has been fleeced to death....
    He was offered the Superfight that later went to Ken Shamrock - he could have fought a gracie directly . . . but IMO that's a chance he didn't deserve, with no prior record and all. He was a giant poon about the rules and venue when he could have/should have stepped right in the ring and settled it (this is called "Grandmaster Syndrome"). He also made blanket statements attacking the UFC and saying it was "no different from TV wrestling"

I JUST re-read those letters a few days ago, and it's really quite sad - it's "I challenge the Gracies" "OK here's where we are" "Waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah excuses excuses"

IRT to DTT: Does he have a fight record on the internet in German or Turkish, either? Somehow I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• Goju - Joe
    replied
    Regarding BJJ and Botztepe and the gracies

It's 2007

he's had over 15 years to step up and fight any BJJ fighter

Or anyone

This makes him largely irrelevant.

The simple fact that the style VS style boat sailed a long time ago and he missed it.

MMA has transcended this and left him far behind.

There are people who have mixed _ing _un and do OK in MMA

They are more relevant to _Ing _Un because of this than Boztepe will ever be.

Leave a comment:

• Bear1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Lu Tze
    1. The transcripts from their exchanges are available online. In fact they're available here. They don't back up your version of events at all.
    So what you're saying is, ol' greasy wanted a guarantee that even Royce didn't get (that he'd be in the tournament to the end), and that he wasn't at all confident that he could win any of the fights (he shit himself).
    So what you're saying is, El Guapo, a recognized muay thai and NHB champion travelled all the way to this fucking nobody's gym... just to back down? Isn't it more likely that ol' greasy crapped himself (again) when an actual fighter turned up and told him to put his money where his mouth was?

BTW, speaking of moneys being placed where mouths are located: where'd you get your blue belt in BJJ?
    1. Yes they do. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying Emin would have won the fight.

2. The whole Baz vs Emin thing was down to a Dutch Martial Arts magazine shit stirring. .Nobody backed down they just realised they'd been had.

This subject has been fleeced to death....

Leave a comment:

• Lu Tze
    replied
    Im not exactly the Biggest fan of the cheesy Turkish Dude but still:

1. Boztepe issued the challenge and the gracie (cant remeber which one) made it extremely difficult - by constantly throwing various bits of politics in the way and getting his attorney involved.
    1. The transcripts from their exchanges are available online. In fact they're available here. They don't back up your version of events at all.
    (The last Venue Boztepe refused was UFC 6 i think, when it was still a Knockout event and there was no Guarantee he would actually fight a Gracie)
    So what you're saying is, ol' greasy wanted a guarantee that even Royce didn't get (that he'd be in the tournament to the end), and that he wasn't at all confident that he could win any of the fights (he shit himself).
    2.Boztepe did issue the challenge, at the very least verbally.
    Ive got a really old Issue of 'Combat' or 'MAI' somewhere that had printed the letters between the Two Camps.(probably been posted on here somewhere)
    So what you're saying is, El Guapo, a recognized muay thai and NHB champion travelled all the way to this fucking nobody's gym... just to back down? Isn't it more likely that ol' greasy crapped himself (again) when an actual fighter turned up and told him to put his money where his mouth was?

BTW, speaking of moneys being placed where mouths are located: where'd you get your blue belt in BJJ?

Leave a comment:

• Bear1980
    replied
    Originally posted by variance
    1) The records show Emin was the last one to refuse a venue and rule set. (This can be verified from the letters)

2) Emin apparently never made the challenge and wanted nothing to do with it. (I can find sources and documents supporting this story. can you find any supporting yours?

3) There's no EBMAS people in any MMA event I know, anywhere. If you know of some.
    point them out.
    Im not exactly the Biggest fan of the cheesy Turkish Dude but still:

1. Boztepe issued the challenge and the gracie (cant remeber which one) made it extremely difficult - by constantly throwing various bits of politics in the way and getting his attorney involved.

(The last Venue Boztepe refused was UFC 6 i think, when it was still a Knockout event and there was no Guarantee he would actually fight a Gracie)

2.Boztepe did issue the challenge, at the very least verbally.
    Ive got a really old Issue of 'Combat' or 'MAI' somewhere that had printed the letters between the Two Camps.(probably been posted on here somewhere)

3. There are some, there's that guy 'Andre Balschmeiter'(search) but no not many.

Leave a comment:

• Arhetton
    replied
    I'll cry myself to sleep listening to massive attacks 'teardrop' tonight

my empty post added more to the content of this wing chun thread than you can appreciate

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X