Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    LOL, good idea, but then, he'd probably run away
    Seeing you getting chainpunched to the floor just like William Cheung, would most certainly bring the lol's.

Comment

Yeah, except that I would do what he did to Cheung, only grapple, I would just run up say "FIGHT!" and jump on his back and RNC him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
        He has no fight record on the internet in English.

edit:
        1) Gacies were the last ones to refuse a rule set and venue
        2) Bas wanted rules
        3) Emin never said he would do MMA but that EBMAS people were training for it

man you nutriders really gossip up the facts....(thats irony for those that spar to hard)
        This has already been addressed but I think it warrants rementioning.

Boztepe was the last to refuse and he was also the one to pussy out on venues - reading the letters mnakes this apparent to anyone with even a slight degree of impartiality

Bas and Emin were never actually going to fight it was shit stirred up by a journalist. This is from El Guapo himslef so makes you an apologist or a liar or possibly both - you are inventing shit to try and bolster a case that need not exist

In summary: You fail

Comment

Originally posted by Tonuzaba
          I'm sure Mr. Boztepe is going to have a seminar in Canada, maybe even British Columbia sometime in future.
          He's definitely done seminars in Vancouver and Victoria in the past. I don't think he has any direct EBMAS affiliates now though because all the politics and multi-level marketing BS in the WT world has driven his former instructors away from the WT/EBMAS organizations.

As someone else on here mentioned, the caution I'd have for anyone thinking of challenging him is that he is (or at least was) a pretty big, fast and athletic guy, so regardless of whether WT has anything to offer, I doubt that he'd be a total pushover. If you're a solid grappler and comparable in size/athleticism to him, it might be worth a go. However, if you're at one of his seminars, there's a pretty good chance that it would quickly turn into a 'multiple opponent' scenario, so it'd probably be a good idea to bring back-up.

BTW, I heard that one of Jesse Glover's students in Seattle took Emin down when things got heated at a seminar a few years ago. Anyone here know anything about that?

Comment

Like I said, I wouldn't challenge him, I'd just choke him out and leave, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
              Like I said, I wouldn't challenge him, I'd just choke him out and leave, hehe.
              Dr. Tzun Tzu, would you possibly care to make arrangements to ensure a meeting between Mr. McSlughoot and Mr. Boztepe?
              With video, please...

CLICK & WATCH
              :
              I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
              " - by Vorpal

Comment

Tonuzaba,

you are gay

kthxbye

Comment

No, no, I support Tonzuba's idea 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Arhetton
                    Tonuzaba, ....you are gay kthxbye
                    No, I won't go out with you.

And stop taking up half pages with no-text-and-no-thought-posts. Thank you.

CLICK & WATCH
                    :
                    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
                    " - by Vorpal

Comment

I'll cry myself to sleep listening to massive attacks 'teardrop' tonight

my empty post added more to the content of this wing chun thread than you can appreciate

Comment

Originally posted by variance
                        1) The records show Emin was the last one to refuse a venue and rule set. (This can be verified from the letters)

2) Emin apparently never made the challenge and wanted nothing to do with it. (I can find sources and documents supporting this story. can you find any supporting yours?

3) There's no EBMAS people in any MMA event I know, anywhere. If you know of some.
                        point them out.
                        Im not exactly the Biggest fan of the cheesy Turkish Dude but still:

1. Boztepe issued the challenge and the gracie (cant remeber which one) made it extremely difficult - by constantly throwing various bits of politics in the way and getting his attorney involved.

(The last Venue Boztepe refused was UFC 6 i think, when it was still a Knockout event and there was no Guarantee he would actually fight a Gracie)

2.Boztepe did issue the challenge, at the very least verbally.
                        Ive got a really old Issue of 'Combat' or 'MAI' somewhere that had printed the letters between the Two Camps.(probably been posted on here somewhere)

3. There are some, there's that guy 'Andre Balschmeiter'(search) but no not many.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear1980
                          Im not exactly the Biggest fan of the cheesy Turkish Dude but still:

1. Boztepe issued the challenge and the gracie (cant remeber which one) made it extremely difficult - by constantly throwing various bits of politics in the way and getting his attorney involved.
                          1. The transcripts from their exchanges are available online. In fact they're available here. They don't back up your version of events at all.
                          (The last Venue Boztepe refused was UFC 6 i think, when it was still a Knockout event and there was no Guarantee he would actually fight a Gracie)
                          So what you're saying is, ol' greasy wanted a guarantee that even Royce didn't get (that he'd be in the tournament to the end), and that he wasn't at all confident that he could win any of the fights (he shit himself).
                          2.Boztepe did issue the challenge, at the very least verbally.
                          Ive got a really old Issue of 'Combat' or 'MAI' somewhere that had printed the letters between the Two Camps.(probably been posted on here somewhere)
                          So what you're saying is, El Guapo, a recognized muay thai and NHB champion travelled all the way to this fucking nobody's gym... just to back down? Isn't it more likely that ol' greasy crapped himself (again) when an actual fighter turned up and told him to put his money where his mouth was?

BTW, speaking of moneys being placed where mouths are located: where'd you get your blue belt in BJJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lu Tze
                            1. The transcripts from their exchanges are available online. In fact they're available here. They don't back up your version of events at all.
                            So what you're saying is, ol' greasy wanted a guarantee that even Royce didn't get (that he'd be in the tournament to the end), and that he wasn't at all confident that he could win any of the fights (he shit himself).
                            So what you're saying is, El Guapo, a recognized muay thai and NHB champion travelled all the way to this fucking nobody's gym... just to back down? Isn't it more likely that ol' greasy crapped himself (again) when an actual fighter turned up and told him to put his money where his mouth was?

BTW, speaking of moneys being placed where mouths are located: where'd you get your blue belt in BJJ?
                            1. Yes they do. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying Emin would have won the fight.

Essentially Emin wanted to Fight No Rules in a neutral Venue- RICKSON's attorney first offered the fight in a gracie affiliated Gym, then UFC both were declined by Boztepe. A WT gym was also declined by Rickson.

2. The whole Baz vs Emin thing was down to a Dutch Martial Arts magazine shit stirring. .Nobody backed down they just realised they'd been had.

This subject has been fleeced to death....

Comment

Regarding BJJ and Botztepe and the gracies

It's 2007

he's had over 15 years to step up and fight any BJJ fighter

Or anyone

This makes him largely irrelevant.

The simple fact that the style VS style boat sailed a long time ago and he missed it.

MMA has transcended this and left him far behind.

There are people who have mixed _ing _un and do OK in MMA

They are more relevant to _Ing _Un because of this than Boztepe will ever be.

Comment

1. Yes they do. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying Emin would have won the fight.

Essentially Emin wanted to Fight No Rules in a neutral Venue- RICKSON's attorney first offered the fight in a gracie affiliated Gym, then UFC both were declined by Boztepe. A WT gym was also declined by Rickson.

2. The whole Baz vs Emin thing was down to a Dutch Martial Arts magazine shit stirring. .Nobody backed down they just realised they'd been had.

This subject has been fleeced to death....
                                He was offered the Superfight that later went to Ken Shamrock - he could have fought a gracie directly . . . but IMO that's a chance he didn't deserve, with no prior record and all. He was a giant poon about the rules and venue when he could have/should have stepped right in the ring and settled it (this is called "Grandmaster Syndrome"). He also made blanket statements attacking the UFC and saying it was "no different from TV wrestling"

I JUST re-read those letters a few days ago, and it's really quite sad - it's "I challenge the Gracies" "OK here's where we are" "Waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah excuses excuses"

IRT to DTT: Does he have a fight record on the internet in German or Turkish, either? Somehow I doubt it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X