Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap, Jedi in NY!

http://www.nyjedi.com/

"The New York Jedi are a community of people and teachers who share practical Martial Arts-based and Stage Combat oriented Light Saber techniques. But with the exciting option of creating your own character, you can be the Hero or Baddie you've always wanted to be!"

and........ nothing wrong with larping as long as you know and acknowledge you are larping.

Comment

Rofl, use the force Luke!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VujxaOMrDBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Soju - Joe
        and........ nothing wrong with larping as long as you know and acknowledge you are larping.
        Go do your kata and let the grown ups make fun of the sci-fi nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by KempoFist
          Go do your kata and let the grown ups make fun of the sci-fi nerds.

Don't make me bust a bet'leth in yo ass!

Comment

ahem...did someone mention sci-fi geeks and not invite me?

Comment

You know, I can honestly say I have stupider hobbies. When you break it down, they're learning how to choreograph a type of movie scene. A nerdy offshoot of film studentry.

Comment

My kendo sempai was a Jedi extra on Star Wars II (or whatever) so that officially makes me...I'm not sure what.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqCg_ibOOM

Comment

Teh El Macho ... I honestly think you're one of the best posters here, but you didn't just post the starwars kid video, did you? :new_smile

Comment

MMMM........people using martial arts based routines and flashy gimmicks as a way to make themselves look cool? That sounds familiar............

Comment

My 320 lbs. former mcdojang TKD BB roomie is always whining to me that ninjas did exist and that any art will work if you're dedicated, and that I shouldn't care if others lie about lineage. I tell him fine, just wait, in a hundred years there'll be a Jedi school of martial arts telling you that if you do it for ten years you'll begin to use the force.

Did I mention this asswipe is a Remo Williams fan? He also reads Thor comic books, for chrissakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampa
                          You know, I can honestly say I have stupider hobbies. When you break it down, they're learning how to choreograph a type of movie scene. A nerdy offshoot of film studentry.
                          As though film studentry isn't nerdy enough...?

Comment

Oh, and before I forget...

Comment

And their training involves kata, why am I not surprised?

Can someone please point out what the difference between this and regular TMA is.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X