Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, the school was featured in an ABC News segment:
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/clips/ny-...eks-318539.php

Personally, I never did like the fight scenes in Star Wars (especially the newer ones.) Just isn't that dramatic. They can add in all the special fx and dramatic music all they want, but they just don't give the audiences the same feeling as other good fight scenes as displayed in Jackie Chan flicks or the old school Zatoichi flicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily
      My kendo sempai was a Jedi extra on Star Wars II (or whatever) so that officially makes me...I'm not sure what.
      Father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate?

Comment

You are correct, Demon Eyes.

Wushu with lightsabres and millions in CG effects is no match for a good story at your side, kid.
        SEANBABY:
        "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

Hey, looks like they are having fun, and if they try to fight, you can have fun too!
          Its a win-win situation for all.
          Besides Jedi rule what with the force and all. Much better than Ninjas... cause there is no such thing as a Ninja I mean... a:jihad: ck
          Last edited by calmman7; 11/09/2007 11:48am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Jkdbuck76
            You are correct, Demon Eyes.

Wushu with lightsabres and millions in CG effects is no match for a good story at your side, kid.

I thought the old fight scenes were really good. Certainly not realistic, but come on, they're in a space-fantasy. For what about the characters the fights were supposed to show, they were good. The new one's sucked because all the lights were turned up to eye-fuckingly bright and no one could stop backflipping.

Comment

I think that what these people do is not only sad, but potentially dangerous. You can observe all forms of damage occurring to these participants - psychological, mental, even physical.

YouTube - JEDI GYM

Comment

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuma
                  I think that what these people do is not only sad, but potentially dangerous. You can observe all forms of damage occurring to these participants - psychological, mental, even physical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsDDr0n9AE
                  You understand that the "Jedi Gym" clip is comedy, right?
                  Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Originally posted by DdlR
                    You understand that the "Jedi Gym" clip is comedy, right?
                    I do, in fact.

I also understand the subtle comedic concept of a "setup"...which is why I'm hoping people who haven't seen it get mad and then see the ending. You give good spoiler, though...Could you just tell me how Hancock ends while you're here?

Honestly, I used the friggin' search function to find an appropriate place to slap this up on BS without getting reamed for being a n00b, and all I expected was to be burned alive at the stake for a blatant act of thread necromancy.

Tell me honestly - Don't you really wish that this could actually happen to these Larpers?

Comment

Mea culpa.
                      Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Kuma, awesome vid.

I've got to go with the "Nothing wrong with larping as long as you remember you are larping" argument.

Now these guys:

http://www.jedichurch.com/

A few laser cauterized amputations could only help that crowd.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X