X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh El Macho
    replied
    Originally posted by Worldchampion!
    Teh El Macho ... I honestly think you're one of the best posters here, but you didn't just post the starwars kid video, did you? :new_smile
    But why not? It is one of my favorite clips of all times.... :dontknow:

Leave a comment:

• jkdbuck76
    replied
    Originally posted by tom.f
    Please post this again with a bigger picture of your Avatar.
    How do I make the picture bigger?

I mean, is there a setting on usercp that does it or do
    I have to snag a bigger pic of her?

Leave a comment:

• Redtail
    replied
    Heh my fiancee was involved in a D&D type version of this when we met. They're just geeky people dressing up and having fun. Well except for the ones who take serious to the point of "If there's ever a time space shift we'll be the ones who save humanity!" types, they're just assholes.

ETA: Also you'd be suprised at how many hot geeky/goth chicks are involved.

Leave a comment:

• Fitz
    replied
    They trained a few times at Fight House. For the most part they looked like they were having fun though a few of the guys had that "Serious...nerd serious..." concentration thing going on.

They reminded me of a more scifi version of the Samurai Soul Sword folk with a scifi gloss

http://www.samuraiswordsoul.com/samu...rd%20soul.html

Leave a comment:

• Rhea_IR
    replied
    What's a Jedi ? ;)

If they want to go around swinging a stick of light around, then they can go and have fun. I can laugh at them too.

Leave a comment:

• Uri Shatil
    replied
    Originally posted by tom.f
    He's right. Who's gonna take your post seriously with that avatar, let alone finish reading it?

Leave a comment:

• Tom .C
    replied
    Originally posted by Jkdbuck76
    Great. That's what we need in this world....Jedi wannabes.

Leave a comment:

• jkdbuck76
    replied
    Great. That's what we need in this world....Jedi wannabes.

Leave a comment:

• Cuchulain
    replied
    I don't see a problem with this. Jedi's are awesome. People who aren't naturally awesome like pretending to be someone who is awesome, like a Jedi. They are having fun and doing exersise and not hurting or bothering anyone. To me it sounds as good a hobby as any.

Leave a comment:

• Uri Shatil
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantasy Warrior
    And their training involves kata, why am I not surprised?

Can someone please point out what the difference between this and regular TMA is.
    The difference is that these people understand that they're just LARPing and imitating a movie, as where many bad TMAists actually believe they're training in ancient ninja skills or whatever (ancient Kung Fu, ancient this, ancient that, whatever). Now you either start training or shut up.

Leave a comment:

• Ke?poFist
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantasy Warrior

Can someone please point out what the difference between this and regular TMA is.
    And it begins :rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• Fantasy Warrior
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kid Miracleman
    replied
    Oh, and before I forget...

Leave a comment:

• Kid Miracleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lampa
    You know, I can honestly say I have stupider hobbies. When you break it down, they're learning how to choreograph a type of movie scene. A nerdy offshoot of film studentry.
    As though film studentry isn't nerdy enough...?

Leave a comment:

• bad credit
    replied
    My 320 lbs. former mcdojang TKD BB roomie is always whining to me that ninjas did exist and that any art will work if you're dedicated, and that I shouldn't care if others lie about lineage. I tell him fine, just wait, in a hundred years there'll be a Jedi school of martial arts telling you that if you do it for ten years you'll begin to use the force.

Did I mention this asswipe is a Remo Williams fan? He also reads Thor comic books, for chrissakes.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X