Stanford Martial Arts Program MT or JJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stanford Martial Arts Program MT or JJ?

Going to Stanford this Tuesday and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the Muay Thai or Jujitsu program there. They have other styles too. Muay Thai and Jujitsu have similar schedules so I don't know if I should stick with one or alternate like every quarter. I was also thinking about joining the TKD team since they train like everyday and I could just go there on my off days with MT or JJ, or is that a bad idea?
    Last edited by Blade Edge; 9/17/2007 11:47am, .

Originally posted by Blade Edge
    Going to Stanford this Tuesday and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the Muay Thai or Jujitsu program there. They have other styles too. Muay Thai and Jujitsu have similar schedules so I don't know if I should stick with one or alternate like every quarter. I was also thinking about joining the TKD team since they train like everyday and I could just go there on my off days with MT or JJ, or is that a bad idea?

And if I could have links for newbies on how to train, I'm kind of lazy to search through the training forum.

Comment

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...raining+basics

Comment

That's aikijujitsu. It sucks. Do muay thai.

Comment

UMMM, Their JuJitsu program is not JuJitsu:

The Stanford Jujitsu club teaches Aiki Jujitsu. It emphasizes practical methods of self-defense and does not compete. Methods include throws, joint locks, submission holds, strikes, ground fighting, and police control techniques.
          "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't fuck with me!"

Comment

well the op is already to lazy to search the newbie/training forums so aiki jujutsu is probably perfect for him.

Comment

http://www.stanford.edu/group/judo/p-tamayo.html

Experience: 32 years, 2 time National Bronze Medalist, 5 time California State Champion, Sambo World Champion

!!

Comment

phhss....whats your point?

:-p

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyFive
                  http://www.stanford.edu/group/judo/p-tamayo.html

Experience: 32 years, 2 time National Bronze Medalist, 5 time California State Champion, Sambo World Champion

!!

Sounds good - OP should go for that- but probably won't as it might be too much like hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebell
                    phhss....whats your point?

:-p
                    Hmmm. I think he's trying to say it might be better than wristlock-jitsu.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
                      Hmmm. I think he's trying to say it might be better than wristlock-jitsu.
                      no way!
                      nothing can stand against teh wr!st l0ck!!!
                      you just never experienced the real deal.

Comment

I thought wristlocks sucked until I learnt the secret, instead of a 45 degree angle on the elbow you use a 48 degree angle. You see the old masters hid the deadly real from the uninitiated that way.

Comment

ssshhh!!!!

dont give away what you can sell, you moron!
                          wanna start a dutch-australian wristlock jitsu federation with me?
                          six month of 'training' in amsterdam and the other 6 months ozzie beach training.

we can milk this..

Comment

So what do you think Muay Thai or Judo? Oh and here are videos from the AikiJujitsu class. Nobody commented on whether I should do the TKD on off days or not.

P.S. I'm sorry I said I was lazy to search. I'll go do 50 pushups and start using the search button.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Edge
                              So what do you think Muay Thai or Judo? Oh and here are videos from the AikiJujitsu class. Nobody commented on whether I should do the TKD on off days or not.

P.S. I'm sorry I said I was lazy to search. I'll go do 50 pushups and start using the search button.

Go try both MT and Judo, and see what you like - we can't decide for you!

TKD is a no, on off days you should try and pick up chicks - something you won't be able to do if your do TKD.

"I do TKD" is the same as "I have AIDS and I am about to cum in your face"

I don't know how to explain it better than that.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X