Training Anyone and Everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebell
    and soon there is option 4: uncle Lebells jedi/sith academy!
    can i sign you up?
    Shure but i wanna study both ways and go for a balance of both light and dark side. You know some times you feel like a nut some times ya don't.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_malk
      Shure but i wanna study both ways and go for a balance of both light and dark side. You know some times you feel like a nut some times ya don't.
      no i don't know.
      i feel like a nut 24/7.
      ask anyone.

Comment

Tsuba5,
        Lebell is a good example of a troll.
        There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

Well, we teach everything and the only person who can't train is a haemophiliac 'cos they would probably die from internal bleeding after being thrown.

I was taught in a structured Belt system with basic moves that returned at a higher level with a different emphasis to meet the perceived threat. You can only learn one thing at a time and then you repeat until you are sick of it. A body of knowledge (and awareness)grows slowly. You have to commit to the training regime and train regularly. Each belt contained concepts and you ascend a predictable Learning Curve.

Everyone wishing to train was allowed to once they had signed a Fitness Form confirming that they were fit to train. In parallel, the JJ Association required info on any underlying Medical conditions and any Crime/Police Record. This would filter some through personal choice. BTW, we allowed 2 Free Lessons to see if JJ suited them and they couldn't be thrown but they could watch.....That might have been a bit sobering for some.

Our Green Belt (4th Kyu) hurts. People would sometimes decide to leave at this point. Our Brown Belt (1st Kyu) hurts. People who got through Green and our Blue (3rd Kyu and very Technical) might give up at this point also. Green and Brown Belts would see a lot of students take up basket weaving.

Black Belt hurts the Brain. There is so much to take on board and you have to commit to it and find your way. Senseis step back and teach much less. However, aspirant Dan Grades have to qualify and even so, what many are unaware of is that your Sensei has to produce a Pen Portrait confirming you are of Good Character, as 'twere. I have heard a Brown Belt say that he wasn't prepared to commit a year of his life to learning Black Belt. Again, that filtering process.

Of course, we also have the unwritten rule: "You hurt me, I hurt you". This is unusual as each belt requires more commitment and understanding. We get few dubious students because they soon learn that Pain will be part of process of understanding what you are doing: and it's your uke's turn next.

Hope this is back on course and helps Tsuba5.

Cheers

Comment

To the original poster...

I came in my school as a white belt, but black in another art and blue in another w/ 7 years of training and everyone was nothing but cool to me. In fact the one student who might of been out of line was quickly whooped by the head instructor. Like this doesnt happen in other schools.

Every school has their "hot heads" the one who goes hard on white belts, dont even act like you dont have it. I dont get why TMA school says MMA schools are barbarians. Is it because they will go out and spar and prove what works while most TMA schools sit their in the BS uniforms sucking the black belts cock? Personally Im sick of most TNA schools drinking the Kool-Aid w/o askin what the hell is in it all because at your white belt level your instructor looked like a god. if you have such a problem with MMA schools and how they act, Im sure they wouldnt mind for you to prove how superior your school is.

If the person is paying then teach them what they should know at that level. If the person excells and wants to know more, then teach them more. They are paying you.
            Last edited by Darthsyric; 9/05/2007 9:04am, .

Comment

Darthsyric...you missed the point. The OP was saying all schools might have this problem. He wasn't attacking MMA at all, he wanted to include them in the discussion. Maybe you should cut down on the 'roids... ;)

Comment

"But with the MMA community the way it is today it seems that there are people out there who can't control their temper and would just as soon rumble with you as look at you."

hmmm sure looked like it

Comment

fair enough

Comment

I've joined this club called the OTO which promises deadly arts, run by some guy called Crowley who communicates through his disciple Kenjutsu la Vey. They promise me I'll get to the X1th degree in about 5 years after I study something called the Necromicon and produce a Homunculus. Should they have let in a rich and gullible nutter like me, could it be a McDojo and should I worry about all the chicken blood on the carpet?

Comment

The Necronomicon? BRUCE CAMPBELL GONG SAU! (With 50% more chin than regular gong sau). Fortunately, I have a Black Belt in "This is my boomstick!" and "Come get some" styles, so I will be leading the charge.

Comment

Please don't troll

Comment

I'd just like to point out that you are telling me not to troll in a thread where Lebell is opening a Jedi/Sith academy. Also, Ash "Bruce Campbell" Williams > Jedi and the Sith. That is all.

Comment

That civilisation may not sink,
                            Its great battle lost,
                            Quiet the dog, tether the pony
                            To a distant post;
                            Our master Caesar is in the tent
                            Where the maps are spread,
                            His eyes fixed upon nothing,
                            A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Tortelli
                              I'd just like to point out that you are telling me not to troll in a thread where Lebell is opening a Jedi/Sith academy. Also, Ash "Bruce Campbell" Williams > Jedi and the Sith. That is all.
                              'but mooommmmm...he's doing it too!'

I'm just a better troll and less annoying, i'll teach you the way of the troll when you sign up at my academy.

Comment

Thanks to WCL for his (as always) perceptive comment. I've only shortened the quote for brevity.

When I started, I recall my sensei making an informal comment about difficult "students" and he said "Well I'd just tell them to leave". That's the point really.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X