No announcement yet.

Training Anyone and Everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it comes down to who and what you want to train with. Hiding knowledge (like cervical locks) from people is useless, since the information will be easy to find from other sources if the person is motivated to know.

The question is whether or not you want to be the one responsible for showing it to someone, and teaching them how to use it. If you have issues trusting the person, then you have to ask whether or not you should be training them at all.

I know I've seen people at blade seminars that I wondered about. I'm not certain normal, middleclass people need to know how to eviscerate a human body in 10 seconds or less. Or should want to. I keep wondering if I'll see them on the news one day.
    Originally posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's shit for your own philosophical betterment.

Originally posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Comment

when i grow up im starting my own school and i teach force ma.
      i have two groups: the jedi students and the sith students.
      ofcourse we have an annual schooltournament. (100$ each, spectators 25$)

I'll watch the star wars dvds and remember stuff like: be mindfull of your thoughts young <enter students name>

or: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering'

ofcourse this is for my jedi students.

my sith students ill teach differently.

I know who are my jedi students and those who are sith because i make them wear stickers on their gi's.

(stupid thread,stupid posts mate)

Comment

Sign me up for the dark side! (Cooler outfits, cooler powers, better luck with the ladies)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Tortelli
          Sign me up for the dark side! (Cooler outfits, cooler powers, better luck with the ladies)
          the darkside year contract is considerably more expensive then the jedi one.
          you don't mind?

Comment

Nope. Dark side students are encouraged to injure the new and weaker members, right?

Comment

Teaching Sith is a bad idea.

1) Always two there are, no more no less, a master and an apprentice. Can't make a lot of money with a McDojo wih one student.

2) To get their black belt Sith have to kill their instructor!

Comment

I say teach em all teh deadly, and let god sort em out.
                :new_all_c

Comment

Originally posted by BASE853
                  Teaching Sith is a bad idea.

1) Always two there are, no more no less, a master and an apprentice. Can't make a lot of money with a McDojo wih one student.

2) To get their black belt Sith have to kill their instructor!
                  I could post a pithy reply to this, but then the entire internet will know I'm a nerd.

Also, should the original poster ever come back, last time I checked repeated punches in the face can be quite deadly. Does this mean your school only teaches students one-step until they are advanced enough to throw punches in combination?

On second thought, it's karate. The answer might actually be yes.

Comment

ok i see the interwebz is in need of a askasith.com besides a askaninja.com.

that story about only one apprentice and one master and sith killing their instructor for their black belt is nothing but filthy lies and propaganda from the jedi.

there's more to being a sith, there's the t-shirts with witty texts on it, baseball caps, jedi taunting, facepainting and an annual summercamp (500$ each) on the moon of jupiter where we stay up really late drinking funky kool-aid and hunt down narlacks (don't ask).

In short: sith train alive where the jedi students only do kata in the hope to discover the hidden force.

so....who can i sign up?

Comment

You've got one student, my master. But I will still be allowed to prey on those weaker than me, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Tortelli
                        You've got one student, my master. But I will still be allowed to prey on those weaker than me, yes?
                        yes..use your anger...

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Collins
                          In case you didn't know Kano created the belt system from the different jackets in Euro prep schools and applied it to judo as the belt system. Those English prep schools, used different jackets to shool different grades. Kano's belt system has completely different uses then a method of tracking children on a large live in campus, but did help to make legitimate small term requirements for progression through time in grade, belt tests, and so one...
                          Thats a new one, but most likely a myth like the one where he got the idea form swimcaps at the university. Yes Kano created the Kyu/Dan system but why on only decided on only white and black intially is unknown. Other colors were added later but mainly by Mikonosuke Kawaishi not Kano.
                          ______
                          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                          -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                          The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

I LoL'ed at this thread.

OK some information for those who wish to know.

Badguys get training in three places. First the streets. getting into fights and full force sparing with freinds will teach you some basics about fighting.

secound they learn in the military. It happens this occurs with more orginized ciminal elements.

third they learn in prision's where BS leaves you dead.

Not shure how many but pretty shure the number is rather small where criminals actuly studied in a dojo.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_malk
                              I LoL'ed at this thread.

OK some information for those who wish to know.

Badguys get training in three places. First the streets. getting into fights and full force sparing with freinds will teach you some basics about fighting.

secound they learn in the military. It happens this occurs with more orginized ciminal elements.

third they learn in prision's where BS leaves you dead.

Not shure how many but pretty shure the number is rather small where criminals actuly studied in a dojo.
                              and soon there is option 4: uncle Lebells jedi/sith academy!
                              can i sign you up?

Comment

I've seen guys asked to leave "sport style" gyms. If people are creeps it will show up in sparring and training. Possibly more so in styles that do hard contact sparring. When some one shows a tendency to hurt training partners and like it or lack of control you tell them that they are not welcome to train with you anymore. End of story.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X