No announcement yet.

"Lost" footage from Game of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone's interested in Judo movies......

......a good one came out of Hong Kong a few years ago. It's called Throwdown. I must say, it's a wierd one. The action seems good, no wire work either. Throwdown is directed by a guy named Johnny To, who is known to be a director with his own definite style( ala David Lynch, Jan Svankmajer, Woo Jing, and Terry Gilliam to name a few. I guess I'd give it two tomoe-nages!

Comment

Two For One Nutride

If Bruce Lee hadn't died when he did, he'd be studying Gracie Jiu Jitsu.

Comment

Originally posted by TEA
        If Bruce Lee hadn't died when he did, he'd be teaching Gracie Jiu Jitsu while raping the UFC with whatever shit he made up years before.

Or some shit like that. I'll go back to hugging nuts now.

Comment

Originally posted by goofus lee
          ......a good one came out of Hong Kong a few years ago. It's called Throwdown. I must say, it's a wierd one. The action seems good, no wire work either. Throwdown is directed by a guy named Johnny To, who is known to be a director with his own definite style( ala David Lynch, Jan Svankmajer, Woo Jing, and Terry Gilliam to name a few. I guess I'd give it two tomoe-nages!
          I'm gonna have to go with a "meh" on Throwdown. Too much melodrama, even for an HK movie. I think To is a good director, but he's uneven. The judo in the film is pretty good, it's just too meandering of a story, with too many silly moments.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X