Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mcdojo or not?

Hi
    I was looking for a school in my area and came across this one what do you guys think?

Mcdojo or reputable art worth checking out?

thanks . :happy7:

http://www.sajado.org
    Last edited by locokid; 8/04/2007 7:19pm, .

I'd just like to say that he says he teaches taekwondo, hapkido, tang soo do. Most schools that i know that teach Korean arts teaches all of these, and they dont make their own style based off of it. Then, he has all of these other associations to pay however much a year to join, that sends a red flag in the air to me. another thing, HOME STUDY PROGRAMS.
    to me it just seems like any other TKD or TANG soo do school.

Comment

Yeah, the "DVD your way to Black Belt" is kinda a bad sign in my book. I like the idea of training videos as supplements to normal training. I usually record my training with my instructor and watch it again later to help remember the forms and techniques. But this looks like it's just telling you to send them money and they will send you a nice shiny black belt.

I would keep looking for a different school, or see if there is a review of a school in your area posted in the school reviews section.

Comment

thanks guy for the quick replies and info. Im glad I found Bullshido.

Comment

Go watch a class and you will know.

Comment

Lifetime member programs include the Blackbelt Club and the Masters Club. Each one of these clubs is based on a lifetime membership and offers many discounts on: monthly tuition fees, equipment, supplies, test fees and certifications. These programs are also based on a training and ranking timeline where eventually the student's membership is free for life. Lion's Den Martial Arts Association offers many different types of memberships in order to rank in our organization. We offer individual, charter and rank recognition memberships. For membership instructions and fees please refer to our Membership page
            That statement raises a HUGE red flag to me. Why would people need lifetime or other memberships in order to rank? That alone would make me uneasy about the school. Also the fact that they offer a 'home study course' and testing via video is a BAD sign. I'd look for other schools if I were you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X