Teh D3adly!! at B&N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teh D3adly!! at B&N

Now they talk about sparing. Chris has only been training about six month. He spars and shadow spars like me and all of my students. I feel the only to get used to getting hit is to get hit. This guys says that he started sparing far too soon, and that if I was a good trainer that he would not be flinching when he spars.

I asked Chris if he asked stupid to come and work out with use. Chris said no I was afraid that he was the deadly and would kill us all.

I am shocked that there are fucktards in the world that still think like this. I asked him if it was a kid, he said the guy looked older than me (I am 32 in Aug.)

Ok so rereading it, it is not as funny as it was on the phone, but it is still a good example of the MA stupidity in the world.
    Later,
    Zyph

Yeah, people can fall for the craziest shit.

The chopstick was funny.

And please use the default font, it's easier to read.

And if you want a sig that bad ("later, Zyph") just get a supporting membership.

Comment

If you've been on this website then it shouldn't surprise you that people still believe this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
        If you've been on this website then it shouldn't surprise you that people still believe this shit.
        Scares me, but you are right, I am sad now ;)
        later,

Comment

Sounds like you had a run in with Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. And there will always be Comic Book Guy, no matter what.
          Originally posted by Cullion
          You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
          Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Comment

Originally posted by SFGOON
            Sounds like you had a run in with Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. And there will always be Comic Book Guy, no matter what.
            Comic book guy is generally entertaining.

I once met a guy who told me that the average western room contains over a hundred weapons for a practitioner of his art. I told him that I read Trevinian's novel Shibumi too, but that he deserved an 'A' for effort.
            Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

isn't that like saying the average periodic table contains over a hundred elements for a student in chemistry?

hell, a sewing machine can be a weapon, doesn't mean you can use it properly.
              Punch Kick Choke MMA Blog

My Interview with Phrost! My Interview with SamboSteve!

Comment

I told the story way back of the kid in my old office who told me with a straight face his kicks were so powerful he could sever a man's torso, right?

That was an awesome day, ending with rolling with Porky the Pig, who ran off the mats after I tapped him.
                Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Some old dude at a moon festival (chinese) started talking to me because we were doing some kung fu demos. He told me how his old kung fu teacher from Thailand fought in no rules matches where he used his flying scissor kick to break spines. He told me that they trained to be able to break all kinds of rocks and such, but his hands didn't look like he put in the time to get that skill using the methods he described. I asked him to show me some of the kung fu he learned. Honestly it looked like he was making stuff up on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by SFGOON
                    I've worked with a couple of the proverbial 'comic book guys'.

one was about 4 years ago. He was a fanatical Chunner nut rider. CONSTANTLY bleating about how WC was the most lethal/ deadly/effective/practical MA in the world etc etc etc...
                    He reckons he had chunned for about 15 years.
                    When he found out that I trained (boxing and Goju at the time) he had rants at me daily, all about how all the training I was doing was useless and crap etc...

He went on and on about how boxers couldn't punch properly.. they TURN THEIR FISTS!!!!

I invited him over to spar many times, but he always refused.
                    This guy had some stories though. He said that every weekend he and his friend who is a "Taekwondo expert" go out to Cannons Creek (this is a nasy, gang and crime ridden area). Apparently they then 'clean up the streets' fighting and beating gangs, muggers, rapists etc etc. He told me one monday that he was a little tired as he and TKD guy had taken on and beaten 15 guys in one go on saturday night.

More recently i worked with another LARPer. I cant remember what he did but the 'business card' of his instructor that he showed me named the style with about five long chinese sounding words.
                    I was talking to him once at after work drinkies. He announced that he was so good and was grading for his BB soon. He had trained for about two years. Who the FUCK gives out a bb after two years??? Far too many places.
                    He went on and on about forms and chi and shit. I asked if he had cross trained or sparred with people of different styles.
                    He replied that he had not. But that wasnt the end of it... he started bleating shit. He went on about how EASY Muay Thai guys were to beat (after acknowledging that he had never fought or sparred one). He spouted great statements like "They only kick to the legs, so all you have to do is throw a quick head kick and its all over because they dont expect it".
                    The shit spewed on and on.

Many years ago I knew a Ninjer (with about 2 years training) who ranted about how the only people who could beat him were other ninjitsu people. Because he was a ninjitsu green belt, he could beat anyone from any other style.

Why or why is my life strewn with LARPers???

Please kill me. Or them. Either either

Comment

I was at Disney World and my oldest son and I were wearing TKD tshirts from an old school I went to.
                      SOme kid at the register asks "Which one of you guys takes TKD?"
                      I said both of us. He then proceeded to tell us that he was a TKD master and that it was an awesome MA for self defense.

My response was "Gee a MAster? You cant be what 19?"

BTW, I am going out to buy some chopsticks today. I will keep you updated on my progress in conditioning.

Comment

Well, i've told this earlier but i met a 'freefighter'one time who claimed that most freefight techniques seen this very day were invented by him.
                        I saw him two weeks ago and he promised me he would teach me aikido next year.
                        I'll take him up for that one.
                        He knows what bar im a regular at, and now he's coming in every weekend to shake my hand and ride my nuts.
                        Hell, good chance ill be seeing him tonight.

*sigh*

Edit: over the years ive met tons of idiots and i just remembered this one:
                        Some time back i met this fat boy at kung fu class, says he practised muay thai, jiu jitsu and was a champion in karate.

I asked him what karate style and invited him to join us at san da class sometimes.
                        He refuses and 'forgot'what style karate he practised...
                        Then he went on how mt and jiujitsu dont work and how much he likes kung fu..
                        Turns out all these styles he mentioned he only did for 6 months or so, and i decided to give him a little speech on how not to jump to conclusions and also not to badmouth teachers whom i accidentally still learn from and train with.
                        Never saw him again.
                        Last edited by Lebell; 7/06/2007 9:03am, .

Comment

Did he say where the "Ninja Academy" is in NC? That might be fun to visit...

Comment

Originally posted by oldman34
                            BTW, I am going out to buy some chopsticks today. I will keep you updated on my progress in conditioning.
                            But... you didn't ask where you need to hit yourself with them...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chips
                              Did he say where the "Ninja Academy" is in NC? That might be fun to visit...
                              There is a ninja academy off exit 273 on I-40. It is a Stephen Hayes school. To-shin-do. It is called the "Quest Center"

It is two or three doors down from the MMA/BJJ school.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X