Last Man Standing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Man Standing

Has anybody seen this yet? Is it on in the States?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lastmanstanding/

No...thank god....or maybe...I just have better taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega the Merciless
      No...thank god....or maybe...I just have better taste.
      Some of the clips looked great.
      Some wrestling and stick fighting and that.

Although watching tonights episode with the Zulu's, I'm pretty sure the tribesmen were told/paid not to brain the athletes with their weapons when they fought.

Comment

honestly didn't look close enough where did you see those vids?

Comment

never mind.

Comment

Uk TV BBC3

Comment

Yeah i've seen it on BBC 3 in the UK. Its pretty entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok2006
                Has anybody seen this yet? Is it on in the States?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lastmanstanding/
                I've only seen the first episode so far, but the series gets repeated 8pm on Sundays, BBC 3, I think.

Can only comment on the first episode, but slightly depressing, although probably unsurprisingly, that the only guy who really did well owed most of his success to his size (at least as far as I could tell: might be an unfair judgement on my part):

The next most successful was also the next beefiest, Rajko:

I suppose that the lightweight guy did get through as well, but then that was against the equally inexperienced guys from the show rather than veterns from the tribe. Still, does give me hope the smaller guys are going to put on a good showing later in the series.

I was also rather surprised that none of the US athletes appeared to have any background in wrestling: I would have thought it likely that at least one of them did some in high school or university. Then again, I'm not American, so may be less common than I thought.

Comment

I saw the first one.
                  As Slidey said, it was crying out for a wrestler, as one of the winning techniques was to simply grab the leg.

Apart from the strongman, fitness guru (?) and public school English huntin', shootin', fishin' guy that Slidey mentioned, there was a kickboxer from the UK and a BMX racer from the USA. There was an "endurance athlete" from the states as well, but he was ginger, and hence has been removed from my memory lest I get nightmares.

An upcoming show seems to be featuring something like tribal tripping-up, and I think I saw some kind of sleeve wrestling in one of the promos.

Comment

I used to know a lady from South Africa, and when we did two person staff drills, she said it reminded her of the stickfights in Africa, which you could hear from really far away.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X