Fight Girls reality show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight Girls reality show

Okay, I feel dirty for admitting this, but I watched an Oxygen network show--Fight Girls. Pretty much it was an attempt by me (which failed) at making my wife understand why I like to punch and kick stuff.

The show was enticing: not because of the cute women (although there were some of those) but because the women could *fight*. Here's what blew it for me: the way they televise the fights. In the episodes I've watched, the fights have seemed decent, from what I can tell, but the camera work is madly annoying. Instead of keeping all cams on the fight, the asshole director kept cutting to shitty shots of teammates/parents/loved ones holding hands or cheering. Fuck you asshole, I don't want to see some bullshit hug fest, I want to see women who obviously train hard, *fight*. Cutting away from the fighting demeans the women who've so obviously trained hard to make the show.

(edit for spelling)

The editing is event worse than that boxing reality show Contenders or something, last time I saw it. It seems Toddy likes finding ways to keep putting the girls into the pool so we can see the underwater shots. I can't really tell if they can fight, but they seem to have the technique there. Look closer and you can see spoilers from the current episode, and what looks like later episodes in the hilights during the show.

So, which of the previous other threads should I merge this one into, since you obviously didn't use the Search Function?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

It's Oxygen, man! That's Oprah's network! Why show the fighting??? Show the emotional ordeal the family members have to struggle with in order to survive each fight... That's how you get ratings on a network whose demographic aims at middle class stay at home mothers!

In other news, my daughter (at least) and I (when I get back from Iraq) are going to start training at the gym one of the fighters from last season's show runs (Chaisai Muay Thai in Tacoma).

Comment

Ugh, lame. Actually I did use search, but it was fairly far down the page, and was just lazy and didn't scroll down that far. My apologies.

Comment

At least one of them can fight though.... I've trained with Miriam & she has great technique and power.

Comment

The show should have been on Spike Tv. Than I could stand to watch it, and I actully get Spike on my subscription.

Comment

Needs better photography.

Yes....Toddy is always looking for excuses for the ladies to
              be in their swim suits. Cheap thrills.

Better to watch Ice Road Truckers.
              SEANBABY:
              "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

I have no doubt that all the ladies on that show are good hard fighters. Unfortunately for them, Oxygen chops all the good stuff and leaves us with another shitty reality show. If it was run like a decent TUF rip-off then it would have a lot of promise. I saw episode one and couldn't even finish watching the fight.

I bet the producers fear making it some form of erotic fetish delight but for freaks sake, give the ladies their dues!

Comment

I bet the producers fear making it some form of erotic fetish delight but for freaks sake, give the ladies their dues!
                  I agree fully.
                  Here's what blew it for me: the way they televise the fights. In the episodes I've watched, the fights have seemed decent, from what I can tell, but the camera work is madly annoying. Instead of keeping all cams on the fight, the asshole director kept cutting to shitty shots of teammates/parents/loved ones holding hands or cheering. Fuck you asshole, I don't want to see some bullshit hug fest, I want to see women who obviously train hard, *fight*.
                  I've seen it a couple of times, and I too wish they'd show more of the actual fight than the spectators reactions. After all it's is called 'Fight Girls'. You'd think they'd realize that people watching a show with a title like that want to see the whole fight.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X