High profile MMA Bullshidokas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High profile MMA Bullshidokas?

This has propably been kicked to death already, but are there any known high MMA profile Bullshidokas that have appeared in UFC or other higher profile MMA competitions?
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45728

Result:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46476
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Hehe. Somehow I'm not surprised at all that Lauzon is a member :-)

Comment

Omega fought in the UFC as well. I suppose he may not be a very high profile fighter, but still.
        Last edited by SpringHeeledJack; 6/30/2007 8:13pm, .

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
        King, and lord of sin and pride
        With some mist his wits make dark.
        He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

i challenged Joe to a fight does that count? >.>

Comment

Omega fought in the UFC as well. I suppose he may not be a very high profile fighter, but still.
            No .

Comment

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
              Cool. When did this happen? To me that's a merit enough unless he was one of the helpless guys in the early years getting their faces punched by guys who actually knew how to fight. After reading the Omega Fighting Stories Thread (or whatever) I'm finding it hard to believe that. ;)

Comment

I'm a little curious - why do you ask? The answer could change the answer. Technically, there are some very good fighters that have accounts, but not so many in the 'really active poster' pool. If you're looking to get in touch with them, their schools or management are probably better routes than Bullshido.

Comment

I'm just curious. I've got no need to go harassing them.

Comment

Even more, I was just curious about the active known ones. I respect everyones right to anonymity.

Comment

Ninja please...

Lauzon beat serious ass all the way up to the semi finals and before the semi-finals. Omega 's True Combat stories are just a joke... you know that right?

I think Joe Lauzon is the only really high profile fighter that's ever come out of here. He's got a huge future ahead of him too having beat Jens Pulver while he was still just in his early 20's.

But seriously... you're a ninja aren't you? Not that anyone here really gives a crap. We're not going to go jumping around screaming, "ROOSTER IN THE HEN HOUSE. ROOSTER IN THE HEN HOUSE!" or anything

You just seem specifically cryptic in your approach... FYI, it makes a person curious.
                      A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Comment

Originally posted by chris_ketchens
                        Ninja please...

Lauzon beat serious ass all the way up to the semi finals and before the semi-finals. Omega 's True Combat stories are just a joke... you know that right?

I think Joe Lauzon is the only really high profile fighter that's ever come out of here. He's got a huge future ahead of him too having beat Jens Pulver while he was still just in his early 20's.

But seriously... you're a ninja aren't you? Not that anyone here really gives a crap. We're not going to go jumping around screaming, "ROOSTER IN THE HEN HOUSE. ROOSTER IN THE HEN HOUSE!" or anything

You just seem specifically cryptic in your approach... FYI, it makes a person curious.
                        Hey if you did ninjitsu, you'd use a euphemism in your style field too.

Comment

Hey, hey! I completely agree with you on Lauzon. He's as talented as they come and I'm certainly rooting for him. I just said that he seemed like a guy who would hang around bullshido. And frankly I couldn't tell if the Omega stories were a joke or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

The reason I was curious is because, well, bullshido promotes aliveness above all. And since aliveness training should produce really tough fuckers I just thought that in a place this big there should be some guys who actually can compete with the big names. As I stated, I respect everone's right to anonymity and privacy. Since I'm a new guy here and things like that are a bitch to find out with the search function I thought I'd ask. I wasn't trying to uncover any lurking Randy Coutures, just asking for the generally known ones.

And since you asked: No, I'm not a ninja. I guess BBT promotes itself as a l337 n1nj4 sk1ll, but if you had read my introduction post you'd know that I started BBT mainly because it was the MA closest to my home. I'm lazy commuting, so fucking what. I just wanted to get into MAs and into shape and knowing myself the less I have to travel for training the bigger the chance that I'm actually going continue on training.

For ther record, our dojo totally downplays the ninja aspect and mainly concentrates on taijutsu and leaves the ninjerismstuff to others. If not, I'd walked away immediately. By your standards we train mostly dead, and I thank this forum for opening my eyes on that shit. That's one of the reasons I'm checking out everyone's all-time-favorite MA, BJJ, this autumn. The other being that BBT has no ground game.

Hope this satisfied your curiosity.

EDIT: and for the record, I've been doing BBT now for three months.
                          Last edited by hpr; 7/01/2007 4:47am, .

Comment

I didn't mean to sound harsh and actually had no idea what BBT stood for.

You train where you can, but after a really intense program it's really hard to go back to doing drills by yourself in front of a mirror all class or practicing jumping spinning roundhouse kicks and all that jazz. Not that I could jump or spin or anything else while doing a roundhouse kick.

I'm a total newbie to boxing and pankration myself, and only recently converted over from Judo after being sedentary for nearly three years. In many ways I'm still a dirty noob too though. Especially when it comes to striking. I suck at all ranges of striking and freely admit it.
                            A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Comment

Oh, okay. I used BBT instead of Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, well, because I typoed it the previous time and decided to take no chances ;).

At least you have some background in martial arts. I've done Han Moo Do for almost a year(..) back in the last century. I'm sure just about anyone in this forum could kick my ass if I was to show up in a throwdown.. without breaking a sweat.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X