First UFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First UFC

I heard people talk about them, and how thier where plenty of TMA guys in thier, but ive never been able to find videos. does anyone have any links or anything to the fights?

Thiers one I heard aout before where a _ing _ung guy gets abused by a wrestler in about 4 seconds.

I thought they were actually pretty ridiculous. It was really just a showcase for BJJ with people picked for Royce to beat. Granted he did have trouble with a couple.

Comment

Six-part .rar download - http://rapidshare.myphotos.cc/ufc1.shtml

Moar MMA links - http://rapidshare.myphotos.cc/ufc_pr...-1_fight.shtml

Comment

Ken Shamrock's a hell of a choice as someone picked for Gracie to beat. And in the other UFC's, you think Pat Smith and Kimo were picked for him to beat?

Comment

The wrestler vs WC is Dave Beneteau vs Asbel Cancio.
          "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Comment

oh man... UFC 1 and 2 were freaking awesome. it's either 1 or 2 that had the ninja up against Patrick Smith.

youtube used to have alot of the fights... but checking my favorites... it looks like the person who uploaded them got the boot. sorry. wish i could help.

Comment

Originally posted by Zangdog
              Ken Shamrock's a hell of a choice as someone picked for Gracie to beat. And in the other UFC's, you think Pat Smith and Kimo were picked for him to beat?
              The TMA were the best of the ones who actually applied to fight. Ernesto Hoost was contacted, but declined.
              "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf
                I thought they were actually pretty ridiculous. It was really just a showcase for BJJ with people picked for Royce to beat. Granted he did have trouble with a couple.
                Even if this means that Royce's fights really didn't mean anything (which I disagree with) then there can still be value found in the fights not featuring him. Other grapplers, such as Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, and Remco Pardeau, were still dominant over strikers.
                I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

Originally posted by Zangdog
                  i'm wondering the same thing. UFC came out when? like... 92? 93?

did anybody give a fuck enough about BJJ to showcase it back then?

Comment

Rorian did and, considering that he was one of the promoters, yes.
                    The brackets were however set so that when Ken and Royce met, Ken had already had a much tougher road to get there. He was a fairly legitimate threat though, or you would think he would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by fes_fsa
                      i'm wondering the same thing. UFC came out when? like... 92? 93?

did anybody give a fuck enough about BJJ to showcase it back then?
                      I'd guess Wolf's theory comes from the fact that Rorion Gracie was one of the guys behind the UFC being established.

From wikipedia:

"In 1992, inspired by the Gracies in Action video series produced by the Gracies featuring various martial arts masters being defeated using Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Davie proposed an eight-man, single-elimination tournament with a working title of War of the Worlds to Rorion Gracie and John Milius. The tournament would feature martial artists from different disciplines facing each other in no holds barred combat to see which martial art was truly the best which replicated the excitement of the matches Davie saw on those videos."

Comment

Interesting footnote into all of this, as told to me by Rorion.

When Rorian was creating the UFC, one of the things that bothered him was people would try to slip out through the ropes. He was thinking of having the stage elevated over the ground so that it was a fall, but then one of his sons, Ralek who was 8 at the time, said why don't you put a fence around them so they can't get out.
                        Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                        "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

omg... this has become a thread of intrigue...

first... BJJ to dominate the octogon... and then a few years down the line... everybody's doing vale tudo.

iz going jus liek teh brazillionz wanted.

YOU WILL ASSIMILATE OR BE ASSIMILATED.

Comment

Try your local blockbuster. I have rented UFCs 1-5 there.

Tank Abbott rules!
                            Walrus Mike

http://www.phillymma.com/

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa
                              Rorian did and, considering that he was one of the promoters, yes.
                              The brackets were however set so that when Ken and Royce met, Ken had already had a much tougher road to get there. He was a fairly legitimate threat though, or you would think he would have been.
                              I heard that too, about the brackets being 'messed with' by Rorion. I heard from UFC 2 on that they did a blind draw with all the fighters in attendance. Is this true?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X