X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Wizard
    replied
    Dragonman,

I received your comment on my profile, but since you haven't posted enough to receive PMs, we can communicate here. I haven't heard from you all in a while either, though I do occassionally run into other members of the JC school. If you've got anything you want to talk about just talk about it here as I'm quite difficult to reach on the phone due to the schedule I keep.

Cheers,
    Josh

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    Actually, this has been discussed to death.

You aren't telling me anything I haven't either defended, disagreed with or argued about.

I'm explaining to you where the bias and mixture come from since, you refuse to tell what specific affront you perceive.

Leave a comment:

• dragonman
    replied
    i understand your points but you have to realize, not setting anyone out, that there are good and bad practioners of all arts and that you can't hold the system accountable for the differences. just because one person in shaolin was awesome does that mean everyone is? No and the opposite just because there are bad students does that mean that everyone is in that art or style no

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    I would still like to know your specific problem. The CSC are Mcdojo's for the most part. They are directly tied to Sin The who is tied to you.

You have to realize it is the art of Shaolin-Do. Which is a catch-22. Two years ago when I came here I would say CSC, then have to explain.

So, Shaolin-Do is what everyone knows as the art created/taught by GMT. This is depending on where you are speaking from not as an insult.

Leave a comment:

• kwoww
    replied
    Just out of curiosity, dragonman, is English your native language?

And welcome to Bullshido, in a fashion.

Leave a comment:

• dragonman
    replied
    well put hitechillbilly. i wasn't try to start a flame war or anything and i appreciate your words

Leave a comment:

• hitechhillbilly
    replied
    Last edited by hitechhillbilly; 6/26/2007 4:00pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Phrost
    replied
    CMA mods, let us know if you want this in the CMA forum.

Actually, where the hell is RM lately?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    probably the reputation Sin The has over here.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Kagan
    replied
    From the OP's website FAQ, excerpted from: http://www.mullins-shaolin.com/faq/faq.htm:
    Do I have to sign a contract?
    We use a local billing agency for our payments, and because of filing requirements, we do require a three month minimum, but you are not locked into a long term contract.

Are there other costs?
    Here at Mullins Martial Arts we are proud to claim that we are the only martial arts school in the Tri-Cities area with no hidden fees! One fee covers the cost of both Kung Fu and Tai Chi classes. And unlike most other martial arts schools, there is never a fee to test. That, along with the best trained staff in the area, makes us the best deal imaginable!

(emphasis mine)

No, it does not look like you are a McDojo.

It does not appear anyone said anything about your school(s) in Tennessee.

Other than trying to distance yourself from some Shaolin Do schools run by other elders and which questionable business practices accusations have been made by many former students, what impression exactly do you have which needed you to try and "clear the air" ? I don't see it.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 6/26/2007 3:36pm, .

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    Originally posted by dragonman
    yeah i can understand the animosity towards the mastery of 900 forms. i have a ton of forms and technically i am a associate master, does that mean i have mastered all of the forms that i know? Hell no. there is moves in forms that i can't even do but that is the great part because it makes you become a better martial artist to achieve those moves and there applications
    Interesting. Wouldn't it be better to have a set of techniques at the ready instead of constantly learning new styles and new techniques?

Leave a comment:

• dragonman
    replied
    yeah i can understand the animosity towards the mastery of 900 forms. i have a ton of forms and technically i am a associate master, does that mean i have mastered all of the forms that i know? Hell no. there is moves in forms that i can't even do but that is the great part because it makes you become a better martial artist to achieve those moves and there applications

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    So, the 900 forms comments irritate you?

Well, you have to understand that's a ton of information. He is a labeled a Grand Masters. That implies mastery of said 900 forms. That's one reason of many that he gets crap.

Leave a comment:

• dragonman
    replied
    the least of my concerns is punctuation or grammar. haha i sucked at that in school which is why i punch and kick for a living

Leave a comment:

• dragonman
    replied
    no this wasn't any response to a thread bout the soards or csc.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X