Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

__ng __un romantic comedy ?

__ng __un Archive Interview with Director Sheldon Wong Schwartz

"I want to make a romantic comedy/coming-of-age-flick about a nerdy computer programmer who learns WC and becomes popular after beating up a bunch of guys at a bullshido.com-style throw-down. He meets his first girlfriend that way. "

http://www.wcarchive.com/images/movies/beimo.htm

Discuss. Or not.

Who will play the role of the Grandmaster of Almightiness?
    SEANBABY:

Comment

Originally posted by site
      WCA: What are your goals in the area of film?

SS: My goal in film is to make movies that communicate good messages. I hope that one day I get to make a film that really impacts the way my viewers look at reality for the better. We don't have that in Hollywood anymore; I hope I'm the lucky one who gets to bring that back someday. If its not me, kudos to the person that does.

WCA: Are you done with your Wing Chun training?

SS: I'm done with WC for now. I have to go to law school and start my production company. This takes a lot of time!

WCA: Tell me about it. It is hard to find the time to focus on training and have any other side projects at all, much less Law School and running a business. Do you think we'll ever see any more Wing Chun in your films?

SS: I want to make a romantic comedy/coming-of-age-flick about a nerdy computer programmer who learns WC and becomes popular after beating up a bunch of guys at a bullshido.com-style throw-down. He meets his first girlfriend that way.

WCA: That sounds great, I can't wait. I'm curios to know if you are Christian and if that was part of the basis for the film. I'm no expert, but I didn't think there were many Chinese Christians in the 1930's and 40's, so I was wandering about that.

SS: Yes, I'm a Christian. I'm actually half-Jewish/half-Chinese. Yes, I wanted to express an aspect of my faith that everyone could relate to: Forgiveness
      Do I really have to talk about this ?

and since when does bullshido.com have Throwdowns ? ... I thought that was .net thing .

Comment

Wow, some one should tell him that his storyline is very unauthentic. As opposed to the movie linked which is 'semi-authentic.'
        I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

He has additional cinematic gems posted at http://www.whatthefilm.org/whatthefilm/

"Parabellum" is especially... um... accurate.

Comment

Wow, the script's the only thing worse than the swordfight.
            I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

Here is how I see it .

Most Wing Chun sucks .

Most low budget movie projects suck .

Most Christian video propaganda sucks .

So if you make a low budget movie about Christian Chunners ... the deck is already stacked against you .

Comment

I wonder, could this be self-reflective of one of his kung-fu wet dreams.

I can see it now, our pretty young MEGA JESUS-SAMA fluttering her long eye-lashes while clutching her bow tighter and tighter as each bullshido.com fighter gets put down with a devestating flurry of centre-line cleaving strikes.
                Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

I hope to see him at the ext Bullshido meet demonstrating his Wing Chun and then he can meet his next girlfriend there, Sirc maybe.
                  You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
                  FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
                  Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
                  Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Comment

Just in case anyone thinks I am kidding .

I am being as serious as a " heart attack close ".

Comment

I cannot believe I just wasted 9 minutes and 30 seconds of my life watching that

Comment

Doesn't Robert Downey Jr. do _ing _un? Maybe he can play the lead in this movie after he's done filming "Iron Man."

Comment

I saw Biemo a while ago.... pretty bad movie. It probably would've been better if it had a coherent script. Or explained why there was a Karateka hanging out on the main character's roof all the time. Having less Jesus would've been better, too.
                          The fool thinks himself immortal,
                          If he hold back from battle;
                          But old age will grant him no truce,
                          Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Any kind of Win Chun guy would beat you fuckig nay-sayers the fuck down you stupid bitches.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X