• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScRQMHEH6rI

ghehe

Comment

Originally posted by BSDaemon
      About the wave measurement... Its not humility, They just use the scientific way of measuring the amplitude of wave, which is from its center.
      They claim to use that method (or rather, they claim to measure from the back of the wave, which is functionally the same thing). But really, from the point of view of someone standing on the beach, without accurate wave measurement devices, what makes more sense? To estimate the height based on what you can actually see i.e. the front of the wave from bottom to top? Or to claim that you're using the scientific way by measuring from a point that is completely obscured by what you're actually trying to measure and coming up with a figure that might be technically correct (or wildly off) but bears no resemblance to what is actually in front of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Liffguard
        They claim to use that method (or rather, they claim to measure from the back of the wave, which is functionally the same thing). But really, from the point of view of someone standing on the beach, without accurate wave measurement devices, what makes more sense? To estimate the height based on what you can actually see i.e. the front of the wave from bottom to top? Or to claim that you're using the scientific way by measuring from a point that is completely obscured by what you're actually trying to measure and coming up with a figure that might be technically correct (or wildly off) but bears no resemblance to what is actually in front of you?
        whichever gets you laid the fastest.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDaemon
          About the wave measurement... Its not humility, They just use the scientific way of measuring the amplitude of wave, which is from its center.
          Wave height vs amplitude:

Comment

When people compliment my abilities I just accept the compliment. Being humble is silly, especially when it's just for show.

Hell, even if you really do feel that you're not that good then it's still just better to accept the compliment.
            Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 6/21/2007 10:04am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X