I call bs: Don Isaak's battlefield krotty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaaargh
    I also disagree that he "doesn't have a basic skillset." I think his form looks fine. It's not anything that would help much in alive-trained martial arts; but that doesn't mean he made it up last week in his basement or from watching Steven Seagal movies.
    He can't keep a fist while punching and leads his punches with his elbows to fake out a snap. That's no good.

Comment

I agree with arrgghhh, except for the fact that he's tacitly claiming that his style is not only effective but battle-proven, which from what I can tell is a blatant lie.

Originally posted by eyebeams
      He leads his punches with his elbows to fake out a snap. That's no good.
      How the hell can you lead a punch with your elbow? Unless I know what you're talking about and just misunderstood you.

Comment

Holy f*ck, this guy hurts... I can't believe this is 2007 and not 1977...

CLICK & WATCH
        :
        I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
        " - by Vorpal

Comment

Originally posted by aaaargh
          but that doesn't make it Bullshido (if by Bullshido we mean deliberately deceptive / made up)- except for the title, which I agree is total nonsense.

- / -

I make the distinction because I think there's a big difference between the Coda Scotts / Ashida Kims of the world, and people who are just really dedicated to martial arts that don't work.
          I disagree though I hear your points. I don't think he's as bad a case of deliberate fraud as the Coda's or Radford's either, but he's doing two general things which I think definately count as bullshido:

1) Making claims (explicitly or implied) that are misleading. I.e. his students/customers aren't getting what he's telling them they are getting

2) Painfuly crap content portrayed as effective.

PS. Yes I do think most martial arts being trained today amounts to bullshido.

Comment

Originally posted by kwoww
            How the hell can you lead a punch with your elbow? Unless I know what you're talking about and just misunderstood you.
            Tthrust your arm forward with a serious bend, presenting the elbow first, and then swing it into a straight position. Karateka do it a lot because it makes the punch sound and look snappy, but, of course, it isn't actually a good punch.

Comment

WOW. JUST WOW

Comment

That room is shared by a whole lot of larpers.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj2PpK7LQ3A

must be a trick against humanity. just a silly as Final Fu.

Comment

You probably couldn't find good info on him cause it isn't sensei don isaak, it's shihan. if you go too www.aaafamilykarate.com you'll find a good bio on shihan don isaak. He was my instructor until he moved. I recognize the guy in the video too, that's sensei forrester (not sure if i spelled that right). But both know their stuff very well.

Comment

Oh boy oh boy oh boy we got a noob necroing a thread from 2007 to defend his piss poor teachers. Is it to much to hope he sticks around and digs the hole deeper?

Comment

Oh thank jesus! Now I know what has become of Don Issak after I lost track of him after July of 06. What can you tell us about his Kenpo hair?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X