Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a good MA school in Israel

Hey.

Im in Israel on a gap year program before uni. (I live in Australia)

I really want to get back to training, my flatmates here are sick of me greeting them with a jab-to-single-leg-takedown.

Basically, Im looking for a good school in Israel, Preferably Jerusalem, although Haifa would be okay too.

In Aus, I trained in JKD/Kali and Hapkido (both classes were held in the same academy) for two years, and then moved to a new club and trained in BJJ/Kickboxing/Freestyle Wrestling/MMA for a year.

I was training with a fair degree of intensity, about 2 hours a night, five nights a week.

anyway, needless to say, I want to keep it up while im on my program here.

Anyone know of any good MMA or JKD schools (or Bjj, wrestling, kickboxing and so on)?

Id even settle for a good Judo or Kyukoshin Dojo.

The only club Ive found in my area is this:

http://wuweigungfu.co.il/ and http://www.metacafe.co.il/watch/320251/wu_wei_gung_fu/- And to be honest, it looks more like dressed up WC than anything else...eeeww.

Please help me out.

Hey, while you're in Israel, why don't you learn Krav Maga, it's the martial art from Israel.

Comment

Well, sure, if someone knows a GOOD Krav place that trains with intensity and alivness, im willing to go check it out.

Comment

http://kravmagaisraeli1.ybay.co.il/d...sp?mCatID=1008

Here are some training clubs for Krav Maga.

I hope this helps.

Comment

I can't believe you are asking here for info on clubs in Israel. Why not ask around locally. There will be plenty because they are in constant state of war.

Comment

Originally posted by maddog
            I can't believe you are asking here for info on clubs in Israel. Why not ask around locally. There will be plenty because they are in constant state of war.

Dude, you are mentally retarded aren't you?

________

Some of my students are serving in the Israeli Defense Force. They told me the Krav Maga was exactly as I had described it over the years. Nothing that special. As for schools they said good luck, they couldn't find anything decent aside from a lot of capoeria schools.

Comment

I hear they have some good fighting in THE WEST BANK

AM I RITE!?! LOL

Comment

Call me locally-0528088987.
                Am Israeli,train in Kyokushin,and I am a moderator on an israeli MA forum.

So,

What are you waiting for?

It's still not ringing.

Ahhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by sonofkanga
                  Call me locally-0528088987.
                  Am Israeli,train in Kyokushin,and I am a moderator on an israeli MA forum.

So,

What are you waiting for?

It's still not ringing.

Ahhhhhhhhh
                  Much coolnes...can I send my students over to you and you could show them where to train? They're in the IDF right now.

Comment

For sure.

Comment

"I was training with a fair degree of intensity, about 2 hours a night, five nights a week.

anyway, needless to say, I want to keep it up while im on my program here."

You won't find anything like that in Israel. The best thing I've found so far(if you think about intensity) is a win chung dude, who teaches three days a week, for two hours.

The dojo I'm studying at, which is part of israeli ju-jitsu association, has two days a week, one hour a day(just like most of other places in Israel)

http://members.tripod.com/~mandel/index-2.html here's it's webpage, btw.

Comment

Shouldn't these threads be locked after like 2-3 months if not labeled "classic"? Thread necormancy very annoying.

Anyway, you guys suck at searching. http://bjj.co.il/english/clubs.html

This is what I could find in google. THere are many others in another site but that's in Hebrew.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X