bjj "thugs"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bjj "thugs"?

I find it quite funny when the few kids that study bjj at school think they are the shit. Little do they know that it will not work on t3h str33ts since people dont wait for their friends to be submitted one by one, they will just smack you in the face while you are trying to set up an arm bar. Does anyone think that ground grappling is good for anything other than sport?

There is nothing as stupid as a young BJJ whitebelt.

Well, almost nothing as stupid. . .
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by switch245
      I find it quite funny when the few kids that study bjj at school think they are the shit. Little do they know that it will not work on t3h str33ts since people dont wait for their friends to be submitted one by one, they will just smack you in the face while you are trying to set up an arm bar. Does anyone think that ground grappling is good for anything other than sport?
      why is it that the only scenario that people that don't practice grappling of any kind can think of is the "multiple opponent" scenario? i'm sure your seven star mantis kung fu allows you to defeat the massive million man army of Xerxes by yourself. there's a reason BJJers tend to do another striking art with it. most people smart enough to learn grappling properly know when its a bad idea to go on the ground. "hmm... there's a large group of angry looking people. I know! i'll drop into guard instead of running away! it's bulletproof."

the street? are you fucking kidding me? wait until your balls drop before even TRYING to put up an argument you freaking middle schooler. just because your sifu tell you that there's a particular way of in your system that allows you to take on multiple opponents reliably, doesn't mean he's right, nor does it mean you can pull it off. stop basing your beliefs on movies and realize that one on ones happen quite frequently. not every altercation occurs in a bar against a biker gang with broken glass all over the floor.

god, i hate brainwashed ninjers/chi-pirates.
      Punch Kick Choke MMA Blog

My Interview with Phrost! My Interview with SamboSteve!

Comment

Please post video footage of you sparring against multiple attackers, and using preying mantis kung fu.

Comment

Troll probably started by another Bullshido member (eg, second account)? Seems likely this is just a joke from a current member :-/.

Comment

Please tell me this is a troll job. I mean it's 2007 already. I don't understand how anyone could seriously believe the "BJJ is stupid b/c of t3h d3ad1y str33tz" any more. On the slim chance this isn't actually a troll job, my advice is just stick with the seven star super mantis tiger style or whatever, hopefully it works for you. Then go piss off 7 drunken guys at a bar and test it out!

Comment

well bjj isnt exactly ideal for all situations, but that is why grapplers learn a striking art to compliment them.

Comment

Grappling's important, if for no other reason than the simple fact that if you get into a fight in a bar or t3h str33t the most likely training that any opponent will have is high school wrestling. If you don't know at least a little bit of of grappling to keep them off you then all the standing striking in the world is useless. I'm not saying the ground is were you want to be, but unless you're in an area with unlimited space and no obstacles then that's likely where it'll go unless you have the for realz one shot knock out every time. Which you probably don't.

Comment

Umplalumpa is a BJJ thug. But he works on the production line making great chocolate. And he can SING!
                  What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
                  http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Comment

Do you train with Jon Funk, switch?

Comment

um, please explain the '7 stars' bit?????

Comment

It's what Jon Funk (guy from Vancouver, close to me, runs annual general MA tourney including grappling and amatuer MMA) calls his system of Kung Fu. Which is why I ask if that's who this guy trains with.

Comment

In all seriousness this is a troll job. Or the delusions of an RBSD prick who's never been in a fight, it's fucking ridiculous the assertions idiots make about fights even though they've never been in one.

Comment

I saw this very same MO on another thread: Post-and-run. Troll much?

Comment

Whorian,

I didnt get the whole video,but i was wondering where i could buy the book or enroll in a course?
                              I liked the colours and the nice lady.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X