I got kicked in the head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got kicked in the head!

On Saturday, By a gal using a crescent kick. Seriously.... Clearly I have no skills. I always thought that the crescent kick was mostly useless. So I shoulda gotten out of the way. Or moved in on her while her foot was in the air. Or blocked. Or *SOMETHING*.

I mean....it's not like that particular kick is exactly sneaky or fast......you can see it coming from like a half-mile away! So did I see it? Nope.

Anyway, I thought it would be funny to hear about the times that all of us have been faced with something completely stupid....and gotten hit.

Finally I figured out that this gal was *all* kicks *all* the time...So I started crowding her and punching, but to me that doesn't make up for letting myself get kicked in the head.

So...tell of the stupid move that actually worked!

what is your style?

you'd be surprised how often you can catch someone with something dumb if they're not expecting it.

i got caught with an uppercut fake with the lead hand into a cross. worked so beautifully against me.

Comment

I once convinced a guy who trains MA from a Dillman book that I could manipulate chi. I waved my hands in front of his face and he passed out, but not before voiding his bowels.
      Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

You can set up crazy moves like that if you're good enough, disguising your intent with feints or other strikes. A good example may be Genki Sudo.

Edit: "your/you're" mix up.
        Last edited by chaosexmachina; 6/11/2007 8:24pm, .
        "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldk
          what is your style?

you'd be surprised how often you can catch someone with something dumb if they're not expecting it.

i got caught with an uppercut fake with the lead hand into a cross. worked so beautifully against me.

Kempo, but I'm only a beginner, and I'm at a chain school. I figure once I learn enough to know what I want, then I'll know enough to know where to go. In the meantime, I get to kick people and punch them, and sometimes knock them to the ground and kneel on their ribs, so it's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorian Gracie
            hmmm...hands up? Not that a crecent kick by most people is gonna do much to you anyways, but come on now. Get your hands up by your face.
            Interestingly, that is exactly what everyone there says.....
            Sometimes I learn stuff the hard way. :spanky:

Comment

okay so in my 4th grade TKD class, i was "fighting" a clutzy overweight guy. I was trying to show off with my spinny kicks when the guy trips over his shin pad which fell loose, falls forward, and head butts me as im turning around for the kick. I then fall on my ass admist a sea of lols

Comment

1. If you've never seen it before, chances are it might just hit you.
                2. Same as if they are wearing a full length ball gown during a sparring session, they will probably make you so dumbstruck that a 3180 hurricane kick may work for once.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X