So sick of pink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sick of pink!

I haven't kept up with the forum anywhere near often enough, but I've run into a serious problem that I'm hoping I can find resolution for here.

It seems that while there is a slight increase in martial arts gear specifically designed for women, the vast majority of it is PINK! Why?
    :ingun:

I don't like pink, I'm perfectly happy with black or white or red or blue or whatever the boys are wearing. I just want it to FIT!

So that brings me to the real issue. I can not find a decent pair of MMA training gloves designed for women. The problem with the standard gloves is that the palm is too wide. I have long fingers and what I have always called "man hands" but I'm now confronted with the reality that while my hands might be as long as many guys' hands, they aren't as wide. When I put on the training glove that I have access to, in the smallest size, I have to keep my pinky out of its loop to avoid painful sores in between my fingers.

Does anyone have any solutions? And are there any active forums dedicated to female fighters?

You could paint them yourself.

Comment

have you tried ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by Nickeroon1987
        You could paint them yourself.
        Unfortunately, I can't even find women's MMA training gloves, only boxing. It's very hard to grapple with boxing gloves on. Heh

Comment

Originally posted by fes_fsa
          have you tried ebay?
          Yep... *sigh*

Comment

what size do you wear? maybe you can do one size down, since the fingers are exposed?

Comment

A female friend of mine had good luck wearing a children's large size grappling glove. They fit her hands just fine. Have you considered this?
              "Emevas,
              You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

I went a size down in the regular stuff and it fits fine.

However, I'm with you in the anti-pink lobby.
                Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Originally posted by fes_fsa
                  what size do you wear? maybe you can do one size down, since the fingers are exposed?
                  Right now I'm using a size "Regular." These are the gloves that currently use. I want to find something that's likely to fit and it would be great if it didn't rob the bank while I'm at it.

Comment

Jeez, I hope you guys never get on Gene LeBell's bad side...

Comment

I'd lay money that pink gear is just a way to non-verbally communicate "Yes, I like Martial Arts. No, I do not want to be a man you ignorant fuckwit."

Not so much for the wearer as the people around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonstaff
                        Right now I'm using a size "Regular." These are the gloves that currently use. I want to find something that's likely to fit and it would be great if it didn't rob the bank while I'm at it.
                        i've noticed w/ online retailers that most of them are willing to bend over backwards for their customers. you can try emailing them and asking them if they can special order a pair of gloves for you one size down from what you normally wear. they usually do it for no extra charge... sometimes w/ a desposit.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost
                          I'd lay money that pink gear is just a way to non-verbally communicate "Yes, I like Martial Arts. No, I do not want to be a man you ignorant fuckwit."

Not so much for the wearer as the people around them.
                          she knows she has a vag. she doesn't want the reminder on her fists.

Comment

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Comment

Why let something like a colour faze you?

I punch just as hard whether I wear pink, white, black etc.

I'm with you on the gloves, I just use wraps at the moment but I need some gloves that actually fit. I've got the whole long, narrow hand problem and skinny fingers. It sux.
                              "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X