Limits of Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limits of Martial Arts

Recently I have played the part of the rational skeptic in far too many conversations about MAs and self defence sysems. This, coming from a JJJ guy, should be enough to indicate the overall quality of the matters we talked about.
    Therefore, I would like to compile a list of things that are self evident and yet seem to be difficult to understand for cultis... ehm, devoted MA students.

1) Guns kill. Even a .22. Even if you are a *insert high degree" of *insert MA*
    2) Large groups of untrained, angry people are superior to you. Same as above.
    3) Sadism is not a valid training method. Yes, Kenshiro was cool, but people don't explode.
    4) No, really they don't.
    5) Katanas can be considered objects of art, but if you want to protect yourself buy a gun.

Well, that will suffice for now. Feel free to troll me for repeating things that are explained better elsewhere, but I really needed to vent some stress.

Thank you Captain Obvious!

Other things that can kill even Ninjer Masters:
    Cars
    Falling off ladders
    Heart disease

Other weapons of no use in a modern society as a personal protection device:
    Pikes
    Lances
    Crossbows
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Comment

Originally posted by bricco
      Well, that will suffice for now. Feel free to troll me for repeating things that are explained better elsewhere, but I really needed to vent some stress.
      Why? Were you not invited to the special kids disco?
      Originally posted by sochin101
      Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
      Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Comment

Aaah... Blunt, dispassioned idiocy... Thanks guys, this is refreshing.
        Please continue, amuse me.

Comment

Idiocy? How so? Pray tell how the lance is an effective personal protection device in the modern world?

Until then I will continue to treat you like the moron you are.
          "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
          "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
          "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
          "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
          "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
          "More God delusions." - DAYoung
          "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Comment

That's why I love starting futile threads like this one: even if the bait is obvious, there is always someone who will bite and start vomiting insults. Some will even act as if they haven't actually understood what this is all about.

So, to answer your question, let me say that I do not consider a lance, a pike, a crossbow or any other similar weapon an effective personal device, and that I do not mind at all your behaviour. Please, continue jabbering.

Comment

Just do yourself a favor and post threads like this in Trollshido, because they're usually not funny enough for MABS.

Comment

Originally posted by Iscariot
                Thank you Captain Obvious!

Other things that can kill even Ninjer Masters:
                Cars
                Falling off ladders
                Heart disease

Pikes
                Lances
                Crossbows

You forgot numchcks :spanky:
                If you can't laugh at yourself,
                Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Comment

That's why I love starting futile threads like this one: even if the bait is obvious, there is always someone who will bite and start vomiting insults. Some will even act as if they haven't actually understood what this is all about.

So, to answer your question, let me say that I do not consider a lance, a pike, a crossbow or any other similar weapon an effective personal device, and that I do not mind at all your behaviour. Please, continue jabbering.

bricco- seppuku plz!

To the nearest moderator- Trollshido Plz!

kthxbi

Comment

Originally posted by Iscariot
                    Pikes
                    Lances
                    Crossbows
                    Moats around your condo with large brick walls, topped by cauldrons of boiling oil?

Hah, ask my UPS driver....

Comment

Originally posted by kwoww
                      Just do yourself a favor and post threads like this in Trollshido, because they're usually not funny enough for MABS.
                      Quite true. I should have posted this thread there. I am sorry for this, if a moderator could just wipe away this thread I would grateful.

Comment

Quite true. I should have posted this thread there. I am sorry for this, if a moderator could just wipe away this thread I would grateful.

Expunging your guilt and shame won't be that easy or cheap.

We require a 5 page appology, single spaced, standard font, in pink.

Next send Tom Kagen $25 to his PayPal account.

Finally, Change your ID to SALLY.

Thank you.

The Bullshido Absoloution Society.

Comment

Guilt and shame cause pain.
                          Pain is weakness leaving the body.
                          Guilt and shame make you stronger.

I'm sorry but apparently the spirit of Bullshido would suggest me to keep my feelings and my money.
                          Last edited by bricco; 5/27/2007 11:21am, .

Comment

Pain is weakness leaving the body
                            You forgot to finish with:
                            "and when I'm done kicking your ass you'll be the strongest man alive"

Comment

1. meteorites
                              2. fanged alien vaginas
                              3. dildos flying at half the speed of light
                              4. a nagging wife
                              5. watching "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman", "Full House" or "Home Improvement"
                              Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X