Aikido dosen't suck !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aikido dosen't suck !

:qleft1: Soon ill post the evidence that high level Aikido that has his roots in aki jistu the samurai noble art of self defense is one of the few to really work in street ill trace u the roots of it's birth and the evolving to the special forces and the few street safe systems that work in a real street fights that integrate it plus the videos of his effectivness , the benefits that gives to spirit and ki for it's integration whit zen buddhism and the art of the samurai sword Aiado the moast effective way of using the katana blade ending whit his encredible precision in the art of archery Kiudo

Aikido doesnt suck... It blows.

Comment

ok first of all ill start showing the history of who created Aikido and using it began one of japans' best warrior http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/paloma...o/morihei.html i want to see how many masters at his age could face any weapon or fighter still winning go to the link and read what i mean instead of making stupid comments btw keep on posting later on all start whit akido roots and it's early use in law enforcement as it became japan's n1 self defense system whit jj of police corps .

Comment

Not always, just often.

I can say from experience that Aikido doesn't always suck, but often can.

I trained Aikido for three years, and although I feel that I picked up some good basic self defense (wrist releases, etc.) and am thankful that it got me starting in the martial arts, it really probably was not affective.

However, I when training Brazillian Jiu Jitsu I was able to roll with someone who primarily did Aikido but with full resistance takedowns and groundfighting. Although admitedly I am not a good grappler, he was able to use Aikido style techniques to take me down and then use Brazillian Jiu Jitsu to eventually get a submission.

In my opinion the primary problem with Aikido is not that it is inherently ineffective, but that it is more likely than other arts to be taught in an ineffective way.

-Arkham

Comment

Let me introduce you to a new friend: punctuation.

Please.

Comment

:smile: Thank u to the new baby warrior friend and let's hope he will start martial arts soon well as i sayed i integrate my self Aikido whit gracie bjj that on the floor is over anything and maby even in the street but the roots of Aikido come from aki jiustu so as i seen high level belts fight whit bjj guys even if they might loose or draw Aikido handles to keep up whit em so it's more about what u know as gracie say when u face 2 arts as BJJ and Aikido in my opinion the best is to integrate em even couse they are same roots and fit fine in each other Aikido gives me even the spiritual side that other martial art removed so balances my agressiveness much 1 rule to stay out of trouble i advise to mix whit kali silat to as i do couse u never know if u find knife or stick fights so like to know how to face that to get ready to be impressed how many systems that work use akido integrated :fist: (all Aikidokas please support me in this battle and post to demostrate Aikido is not bullshido .

Comment

There is one fundamental flaw in Aikido. It focuses it's attacks mainly on standing joint locks but I ask you what is more effective, breaking someones wrist while being in close contact with the opponent or destroying someones chi system rendering them vegetablised by firing a chi ball from 25 feet away? Despite this problem I do commend Aikido's way of pressure testing techniques.

Comment

My friend as i sayed before in a real street fight u won't be able to do no dim mak it's about reality to be able to fight on the ground boxe elbow low kick intercept and this akido can do it fine it has even strikes and punches plus can devastate your body making you fly or braking your hands arms neck depens only what level u do it and who teaches it let me show u the video of 7 dan steven seagal ex former navy seal making a class to show u what high level Aikido can do ( remember in saying to integrate it whit gracie Bjj btw and kali silat nothing works 100% just alone :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SJ5sHOGZv4

Comment

i welcome yet another troll in our ranks,its summertime again huh?

Comment

Could someone who actually writes recognisable English tell me what the hell this guy is saying?

Comment

ok sorry for my not perfect english as im not english or american btw i accept all comments even bad ones im an open mind person mean while i trace the law enforcement history of Aikido and how many street safe systems integrate it here's a video of how it could be vs some street fighter mma guy :XXbuzzsawthis guys are not killing eachother but not even going light it's just to give an idea btw of what aikido can do and can't do vs tipical street fighter who attack by low kicks head knee and elbows hoping they can't ground fight to .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cBg2tTCYL0

Comment

Friendly advice (no sarkasm or irony intended):

Please, please, PLEASE use punctuation. My brain hurts after the first two lines. And no, it's not just me.

Comment

ok i will np thanx everyone pro or vs Aikido for keep posting , btw the best test u can get is fight . Real evidence is the best so don't be shy to go to a dojo and fight a high belt aikidoka to see your self what ever is your style .

Comment

So you're point is that Aikdio doesn't suck because it has roots with AIki ju jitsu and the samurai?

I think

Comment

Ok since tracing all the systems that integrate aikido that really work in street takes long and it's low enforcement use since it's birth . Here is a look at the possible works it does on the floor vs bJJ in this video u can see how it uses more the ground balance then the grapple. And belive it or not can handle many bjj fighters as im one and do both arts tested my self and so did the guy who posted before replying me so take a look at the similar but different roots of aki jistu vs bjj http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lcw1C3iAx4. Having real fun guys keep posting :D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X