Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Geek's Fight Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geek's Fight Club

http://video.msn.com/v/us/fv/fv.htm?...s&fg=&gt1=9951

What....the....fuck? I was pissed at them until the reporter made those asinine comments about how it didn't look like any "self defense" training she's seen, and it made me just hate her because to her, SD training means, no bruises, no pain, no risk :P
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Sweet. BTW did you watch the "Helmet boxing" clip after the geek fights were done? Crazy. Why are people so fucking retarded?
    Last edited by Eldarbong; 5/25/2007 3:48pm, .

Comment

GENTLEMEN, I CHALLENGE THEE! KEYBOARDS AT TWENTY PACES!!!!
      :new_all_c

Comment

I could only watch 3 seconds of the Asian nerd representing the "Geek Fight Club" before I had to shut off the video. Yeah, real warrior, eyes making contact with anything but the screen, stuttering, and calling this shit "sports".

I say we call Gong Sau. Lets get one of our resident Dog Brothers/FMA dudes up there for some real fun.
        "Emevas,
        You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Oh come on. They're having fun. :)
          Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
          ...Willing is not enough you must do
          ~Bruce Lee

Comment

I thought it was fine. Even if they are geeks:psyduck:. I'd do it.

Comment

I don't see what the problem is. Hitting each other with hard plastic objects = cool in my book.

Comment

yeah this looked like self defence training, looks like lots of fun

Comment

Sparring with chairs ... RBSD for teh win!
                  <insert witty comment>

Comment

Originally posted by rw4th
                    Sparring with chairs ... RBSD for teh win!
                    All I know is: do not challenge them at the office. You will only be calling keyboard-y wrath down on yourself.

Comment

Hey, at least it appears to be alive. :)

Comment

kinda weird, not much discipline or technique involved based on the clips, but i don't think that is too bad. they're not recruiting anyone or saying this will save their lives. they're not trying to sell it, nor are they saying they'd pwn Chuck Lidell.

Comment

Didn't they used to do stuff like this on college campus' with hockey gloves, lacrosse helmets and sticks?

Guys who have no business in a "fight", trying to prove that they can by acting like morons.

The onyl clip I remember seeing of that was of a guy getting hit in the knee and the kneecap loudly dislocating.

Comment

It looks like they're having fun. And though it's not any sort of formal training, I think putting on some safety gear and going at it is a lore more effective self-defense training than "grab my wrist" or whatever.

Go them! Looks like fun!

Comment

plus, how many of us knows how to pwn someone with office gear as your weapon?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X