"I wouldn't spend all that time grappling on the ground!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I wouldn't spend all that time grappling on the ground!"

Doesn't it piss you off to no end when some retard watches a UFC and then says stuff like "I wouldn't spend all that time grappling on the ground. I would just end the fight as quickly as possible."

I mean, WTF????

Do these imbeciles honestly think that people were NOT trying to end the fight as quickly as possible? Do they believe that they are the first people to have that brilliant brainwave.

IMO, this stupid attitude is right up there with the idiots who, when asked what to do if they go to the ground, reply with "Don't go to the ground."

On the one hand it makes me want to bang my head on a wall that there are such people in the world. But on the other hand, it's kind of a relief to know that there are fewer people in the world that you have to worry about in a fight.

True. True

Comment

People who make statements that start with anything along the lines of "if he did X then I'd just do X" while watching any type of fighting event tend to be the ones with the least fighting experience, knowledge and/or ability. Just ignore it.

Comment

1997 called, it wants its thread back.

Comment

If the Internet had been around in 1697 and you started this thread, it would still be old.

Comment

People in general ARE idiots, so you shouldn't be bothered by what they say.

Comment

I was thinking about the role of "dirty tactics" today, and I was trying to think of where they could be of use in a t3h gr4ppl3 situation. Now I subscribe to the "just add dirt" school of thought when it comes to foul tactics, that is, eye gouge, hair pull, skin tear ect are used in conjunction with a sensible delivery system and not instead of one. (which is what these "end the fight"guys believe in)

Now the thing is, in order to use foul tactics (and I'm strictly talking about the ground here) you need to establish dominant position, but if you already have dominant position then why do you need to use the foul tactic? Maybe to torture the guy a bit before you go for the choke or armlock.

Comment

Well...if you touch the guy's brain with your thumb from the mount, you probably don't need to choke him anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I know this is a 1997 topic. Actually I think it's older ... say 1995!

Yet it still astounds me to talk with people who in this day and age still believe that all the fighters GENUINELY WANTED to grapple on the ground for a long time rather than "finishing the fight quickly".

Comment

Originally posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
                    Well...if you touch the guy's brain with your thumb from the mount, you probably don't need to choke him anymore.

Does this belief come from you vast amounts of grappling XP or is it just conjecture?
                    It sounds like good logic to me, but what do I know.

Comment

It comes from both, I've never gouged anyone's eye out and touched their brain, but I suppose there's plenty of times I could have.

Comment

To the OP: You just described about 90% of the people who do RBSD.

Comment

one of my mates was telling me all about how he watched a show where a guy was going on about gun defenses. aparently the guy said "sure they stick a gun in your back... but you can feel exactly where it is" and he sucked it in hook line and sinker

i wanted to punch his face

Comment

Originally posted by Matt W.
                            To the OP: You just described about 90% of the people who do RBSD.
                            And ninjers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
                              It comes from both, I've never gouged anyone's eye out and touched their brain, but I suppose there's plenty of times I could have.
                              You'd actually have to go through a pretty decent bone barrier to get to the brain per se

(not that it matters, spoiling the funny etc)

I think one thing people forget about the UFC is that in a real fight with a grappler vs a non-grappler, you don't get these long grappling matches - you get a takedown, a mount, and a punch out.

The long lockups on the ground are equivalent of the first rounds of a boxing match - how many people look at a boxer and go, "Well, while he was just working on my left eye for six minutes, I'D KNOCK HIM OUT WITH STREET PACED PUNCHING"

Answer: The really dumb ones. That's how many.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X