World Hapkido Association in NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Hapkido Association in NJ

Does anyone have any information about the Hapkido Center in Watchung New Jersey? Or Grand Master Chong Min Lee?
    I've driven by and thought about checking it out. I thought I'd ask first.

http://www.thehapkidocenter.com/

Thanks

ummmm ...............http://www.thehapkidocenter.com/?page_id=7

Hapkido Book
    White to Black Belt Techniques book Sold Out

White to Blue Belt (60min) video 1 $59.95
    Blue to Red Belt (60 min) video 2 $59.95
    Red to Black Belt (80 min) video 3 $59.95

Chapter 1 (45 min) video 2-1
    Chapter 2 (45 min) video 2-2
    Chapter 3 (45 min) video 2-3
    Chapter 4 (45 min) video 2-4
    Chapter 5 (45 min) video 2-5

ONLY 250 dollars each !!

This is never a good sign .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Good Point - I just can't find a decent school nearby. Mostly TKD Mcdojos

Comment

Originally posted by oldone

The pictures didn't look to promising , except that most the people in them looked fit . You will have to go and check it out to be sure .

The website offers no insight as to the things I want to know :
        Do they spar ?
        How hard do they spar ?
        How often do they spar ?
        When do they spar ?
        Do they compete ?
        What do they compete in ?
        How often ?
        How does that specific school do ?
        Have the instructors competed ?
        In What ?
        ETC ...
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        BILL HICKS,
        1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
        ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Well FWIW the WHA is the group that puts on the Pro-Hapkido tournaments.

That does not necessarily mean that they are a good school, but it does mean that there is a chance they are at least competing in that event. I would go by and take a look around keeping the above list Backfist posted in mind while doing it.

Comment

where do you live in NJ?

Comment

Near Green Brook.

Comment

there a world hapkido Association thats not in jersey so dont confuse the two there out west and there videos look much better and cheaper a i know there not near by but check it out any way

Comment

If I remember correctly, the dojang where I practiced in Conroe, Tx was affiliated with the WHA.

While only in Conroe for a period of 4 months, the time spent under Master Pham was time well spent.

Sadly, sparring was TKD rules with no punches to the head.
                  Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

what do you want to do? How close does "nearby" need to be?

Do a search on "New Jersey schools" - you should find some threads with good options.
                    If you're looking for something a little less traditional with an MMA flavor look at -

www.redbearsambo.com

its the first off the top of my head that should be pretty close to you.

Comment

Does anyone have any information about the Hapkido Center in Watchung New Jersey? Or Grand Master Chong Min Lee?
                      I've driven by and thought about checking it out. I thought I'd ask first.

http://www.thehapkidocenter.com/

Thanks
                      ...lok at the first video...lunge punch..throw...strike with fan...cool him off with fan...nuff said...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X