X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inspecta
    replied
    Originally posted by inspecta
    practicing crosses, hooks, elbows, knees, kicks, footwork, slips, weaves, etc..
    So yes I wasn't talking about phon sao, escapes and all that other BS... thought it was pretty straightforward, apparently not..

Leave a comment:

• HonkyTonkMan
    replied
    Obviously
    Its really not that obvious.

Leave a comment:

• FickleFingerOfFate
    replied
    Obviously I'm taking about practicing standard striking techniques for many years.. you can learn useful stuff with even the most retarded MA (I suppose some karate dojos might teach something usefull... maybe...) As you can see in my earlier post, I'm talking about punches, elbows, knees, etc... not the magical "handhake escape" techniques!

Also, sniffing dog poo will make you a much stronger person.. that and walking on fire, and also endless rejuvenation...

I'm not talking about FSD, and either were you in this comment.

Leave a comment:

• inspecta
    replied
    Well read any of the 10 threads started on FSD and you'll understand the poo/firewalk/rejuvenation innuendo...

Leave a comment:

• FickleFingerOfFate
    replied
    Obviously I'm taking about practicing standard striking techniques for many years.. you can learn useful stuff with even the most retarded MA (I suppose some karate dojos might teach something usefull... maybe...) As you can see in my earlier post, I'm talking about punches, elbows, knees, etc... not the magical "handhake escape" techniques!

Also, sniffing dog poo will make you a much stronger person.. that and walking on fire, and also endless rejuvenation...

Are you going somewhere with all of this?

Other than trollshido?

No, I didn't think so.

Leave a comment:

• inspecta
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheDingo
    replied
    Oh, that's right... I forgot about teh d3adly biu jee to the eyes or str33t phon sao #5.

But I agree, strong practice in most MAs will give you an advantage, atleast in fitness, but one must be wary about being delusional in one's own deadliness (a la FSD)
    Last edited by TheDingo; 5/07/2007 3:14pm, .

Leave a comment:

• inspecta
    replied
    FSD teaches all the basic strikes, chokes, etc... Even though it is a huge ripoff now (I used to do it back in the day when pricing was similar to other MA), practicing crosses, hooks, elbows, knees, kicks, footwork, slips, weaves, etc.. for a number of years will enable you to kick someone's ass in a bar fight, no matter what the name of your McDojo is.

i.e. Mike Tyson would get OWNED in a MMA fight... put him in a bar, he'd kill the other guy... Why? no rules... it's how much you want it, what you're willing to put on the line... not how much you know... drunk guys punch, they don't do spinning roundhouses and sh*t like that.
    Last edited by inspecta; 5/06/2007 3:08pm, .

Leave a comment:

• TheDingo
    replied
    Originally posted by Palm
    I use to do Fang Shen Do i know its a McDojo but i learned pretty usefull techniques there.
    C'mon. FSD doesn't work. I've even used Aikido on a FSD student. That speaks volumes....

(okay, he tried to block a rear cross with a bong sau -- leaving wrist and elbow open for the taking).

Okay, so that makes the list for Aikido: effective against drunks, older sisters and FSD students... :icon_evil

Leave a comment:

• Fearless Ukemi
    replied

But two equaly trained student fang shen do vs wing chun would be a pretty sad sight to see

Oh, I agree.
    :5slick:

Leave a comment:

• jubei33
    replied
    right punch, left punch.
    left kick, right kick.
    block-punch-block-kick

Leave a comment:

• Palm
    replied
    Its not a question of style vs style its a question of student cause in fang shen do to get your green sash you have to spend 600$ for a 3 day training camp and basicly the more money you spend in fang shen do the quicker you move up the ranks so alot of the brown/black belt really arnt that skilled.

But two equaly trained student fang shen do vs wing chun would be a pretty fun match to watch :) but then again fang shen do has way more ground game than wing chun and most fights end up on the ground so... but WC has better stand up techniques.

Standing up i give the fight to WC

I give the fight to FSD if it goes to the ground and the FSD guy is in full mount.(reason i say if hes in full mount is cause we really dont learn how to get out of stuff like that but in half mount WC might still have a chance.)
    Last edited by Palm; 4/29/2007 4:07am, .

Leave a comment:

• socratic
    replied
    I use to do Fang Shen Do i know its a McDojo but i learned pretty usefull techniques there.
    So even Fang Sheng Do can kick _ing _un's ass?

Leave a comment:

• Palm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Originally posted by Shu2jack
    The blocks are supposed to damage your opponent as well as stop the strike. So when you do the "rising block", or any block, your goal should be to hit the joints. The wrist should be what is hit with the block, or at least the upper forearm to stop the strike. From there you can attempt to control the weapon hand or do what ever.

In any case, "blunting" the force of the strike (hee hee) if it does wrap around is better than taking a full force strike.
    A rising block should hit as deep as it can against a weapon attack, so instead of the wrist if you acn get it you should go towards the elbow or tricep. Hitting the wrist will not do that much. Blocks as strikes only works well on areas that you'd try and hit already(generally). You wouldn't punch someone in the wrist. This is true of the elbow or tricep too- its not supposed to break the arm like some SCARS crap. If someone is swinging a stick at you, you want to move inside, and forearm to wrist range is too far. One drill we do is having an attacker try and beat you with a stick, and your goal is to close and grapple. I like to move in right to an over/under position. That's how close you want to be.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X