No announcement yet.

Mcdojo Techniques that actually work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once managed ye olde "kick knife out of hand"-TKD-knife defense on a mugger. The follow-up reverse punch even dropped him. I left when the bystanders decided it was time for the traditional soccerfest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless Ukemi
      I won two out three of my highschool fights by using a one-step kata I learned in tkd. Rising block + punch to face.
      Which

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless Ukemi
        I won two out three of my highschool fights by using a one-step kata I learned in tkd. Rising block + punch to face.
        Which one step form is that? and its not kata - thats karate. Its poomse.

Also. Who were you fighting? rising block is a defence from an axe kick and/or a weapon attack.

Comment

"Also. Who were you fighting? rising block is a defence from an axe kick and/or a weapon attack."

Must... resist... urge... to... [snap] for crying out fucking loud!!!! Neither of the two things you mentioned should ever be blocked with a rising forearm block. A weapon what the hell are you thinking! Blade, your about to bleed to death, blunt instrument, say hello to your newly broken limb.
          Please, please, tell me your being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboxer
            "Also. Who were you fighting? rising block is a defence from an axe kick and/or a weapon attack."

Must... resist... urge... to... [snap] for crying out fucking loud!!!! Neither of the two things you mentioned should ever be blocked with a rising forearm block. A weapon what the hell are you thinking! Blade, your about to bleed to death, blunt instrument, say hello to your newly broken limb.

If you check his post history,

This is par for the course for him.

Hey Khanom Nuts,

" Better to stay silent and be thought an idiot,"

" than to speak up and remove all doubt."
            If you can't laugh at yourself,
            Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Comment

With the "rising block", aka "high block, you should step inside and block the arm, not the weapon for blunt instruments.

I suppose if your head is about to get cracked opened, taking it in the arm is better than taking it in the head if you can't move in time....but still....

Comment

Originally posted by Shu2jack
                With the "rising block", aka "high block, you should step inside and block the arm, not the weapon for blunt instruments.

I suppose if your head is about to get cracked opened, taking it in the arm is better than taking it in the head if you can't move in time....but still....
                Still risky as hell, with a commited strike, chances are the weapon will simply wrap over and smack in you in the skull anyway.

Comment

Still risky as hell, with a commited strike, chances are the weapon will simply wrap over and smack in you in the skull anyway.

The blocks are supposed to damage your opponent as well as stop the strike. So when you do the "rising block", or any block, your goal should be to hit the joints. The wrist should be what is hit with the block, or at least the upper forearm to stop the strike. From there you can attempt to control the weapon hand or do what ever.

In any case, "blunting" the force of the strike (hee hee) if it does wrap around is better than taking a full force strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Shu2jack
                    The blocks are supposed to damage your opponent as well as stop the strike. So when you do the "rising block", or any block, your goal should be to hit the joints. The wrist should be what is hit with the block, or at least the upper forearm to stop the strike. From there you can attempt to control the weapon hand or do what ever.

In any case, "blunting" the force of the strike (hee hee) if it does wrap around is better than taking a full force strike.

I could be wrong, But I think even ATA TKD allows you to step out of the path of blunt objects.

I think only Shotokan requires you to get hit in the head by an overhand strike.

Comment

I could be wrong, But I think even ATA TKD allows you to step out of the path of blunt objects.

I think only Shotokan requires you to get hit in the head by an overhand strike.
                      Not being in the path of the strike is best, but shit happens. I onced used a knifehand high block, "rising" block, against a guy grabbing at my hair when I was on my knees. Better to have the tool and not need it...

Comment

a guy grabbing at my hair when I was on my knees.
                        I dont think I want to know how you got in that position:eusa_sile

:icon_bigg

Comment

I dont think I want to know how you got in that position
                          If it was anything like what you are thinking (you sick, dirty man), I simply would've bit it off instead using a block.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboxer
                            I dont think I want to know how you got in that position:eusa_sile

:icon_bigg

It's an Archane TKD technique called "Tea Bagging"

Comment

I was distracted one day walking through the tunnels of the local university, my sister came up to slap me in the face in a "sneak attack" . Did one of those Aikido one-hand up-the-chin-across the nose "unbalancing" things while the other hand grabbed the wrist, spun her about, did a kotegeishi (sp?), dropped her to the ground. All in reflex -- didn't have time to think about it. I can't recall who was more surprised at the time, me for doing at that by pure reflex, or her by being on the receiving end.

It's wasn't actually learned from a McDojo, but it was Aikido .... (does that count?)

Two years later, some guy tried to jump me in a bar -- actually he did something really stooopid, trying to catch me by surprise with a jumping haymaker (I guess he was trying to look cool). The hand-up-on-the-chin-tilting-head-back worked again (by reflex) especially when the other guy already has both feet off the ground. Dropped the weasel, and pinned him to the ground (with another Aikido move, can't recall the name, I haven't done aikido for many years) until the bouncer came over and ejected him.

Comment

Originally posted by FickleFingerOfFate
                                It's an Archane TKD technique called "Tea Bagging"
                                Actually, I prefer the rear mount.
                                Mushi mo atsui hodo
                                Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
                                ...Well fuck if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi shit I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
                                Three rights make a left.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X