• Show
Clear All

• kid_1412
    replied
    yup, tekken series

Leave a comment:

• Virus
    replied
    Raoh is so hard that his elbow to the spine really is the anti-gr4ppl3.

PS: If anyone is interested there's some goodies to be found here:
    http://heartofmadness.com/downloads.php

Leave a comment:

• SongPower
    replied
    Originally posted by Virus
    The pics look awesome but I think the animation is a bit choppy and it seems to lack the polish that the Guilty Gear X had. It's a shame because when it comes to anime I find most of it boring but the FOTNS feature length was t3h r0x0r. So I like the characters and stuff. Another shame is that the New Fist of the North Star OAV series was pretty crap and I recently found Hokuto no Ken - Yuria Densetsu and thought, "meh needs more fighting and shit". I hope Raoh Den Junai is better but I'm not holding my breath.
    My hope is that they make a second one, smooth out the animation, and fix some of the bugs, and balance problems.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear from a few sources that the FOSN Raoh Gaiden movie is pretty good, its similar to the original movie, but its more inline with the story line of the original tv show and manga, and its from Raoh's point of view.
    Last edited by SongPower; 4/24/2007 5:24am, .

Leave a comment:

• Virus
    replied
    The pics look awesome but I think the animation is a bit choppy and it seems to lack the polish that the Guilty Gear X had. It's a shame because when it comes to anime I find most of it boring but the FOTNS feature length was t3h r0x0r. So I like the characters and stuff. Another shame is that the New Fist of the North Star OAV series was pretty crap and I recently found Hokuto no Ken - Yuria Densetsu and thought, "meh needs more fighting and shit". I hope Raoh Den Junai is better but I'm not holding my breath.

Leave a comment:

• SongPower
    replied
    I got FOTNS for PS2 and found it to be meh.
    I just got the ps2 version last saturday as well, I think I like the character sprites in the Arcade game more, but I still think the game is fun, and that the 1emulation review was far too harsh, it came across like they thought it was another Street Fighter: The Move :The Game.

And other than Fighting Mania, it is the best FOSN game made to date, all of the other ones I can think of are horrendous, although when I was younger I loved Last Battle for the Genesis.

Leave a comment:

• Torakaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Emperor Cesar
    I forgot to mention, has anybody played "Fist of the North Star"? Not the fighting games, but the arcade thing that has six pads that you punch. That game is insanely fun. Its basically DDR but instead of stepping on arrows your punching these red pads that pop out in front of you, and theres timing involved and everything. I also remember that it was hard as hell, once you got to the end of the level you had to throw like 100 punches in under a few seconds. Insane fun and a great workout, I havent been able to play it in years though....
    I played this, and found it completely impossible to get past the second guy. Actually knowing how to fight seems to be a detriment to playing this game.

Leave a comment:

• Virus
    replied
    Originally posted by SongPower
    lol it is unbalanced as hell sometimes, but I still think its fun and the character sprites are awesome. If you are a fan of the anime you will like it, that being said it gets a better and more balanced review on insomnia
    I got FOTNS for PS2 and found it to be meh.

Leave a comment:

• Mister X
    replied
    Mike Tyson Punchout FTW

Leave a comment:

• KhanomTom
    replied
    I think they should make a Muay Thai game like the Fight Night series. That would be INTENSE!

Leave a comment:

• SongPower
    replied
    This review over on 1emulation says that FOTNS sucks:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/ind...howtopic=21499

It looks awesome though. FOTNS is one of the few anime titles I could get into.
    lol it is unbalanced as hell sometimes, but I still think its fun and the character sprites are awesome. If you are a fan of the anime you will like it, that being said it gets a better and more balanced review on insomnia

Leave a comment:

• Virus
    replied
    This review over on 1emulation says that FOTNS sucks:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/ind...howtopic=21499

It looks awesome though. FOTNS is one of the few anime titles I could get into.

Leave a comment:

• Emevas
    replied
    The FOTNS arcade game is all kinds of awesome. Don't play with the gloves though. They're made of lead and smell like ass after all the greasy teens have played it.

I also like the old fashioned "test your punch" machines. Overhand right beats the charging jump punch 9/10 times.

Leave a comment:

• SongPower
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonSoo
    Oh, do I remember playing that last year. Not only was it a fun and unique game, but it was also FIST OF THE NORTH STAR! That's one of the coolest animes of all time!
    The new Fist Of the North Star Fighting Game is teh shit also.

Note that Southers name is written Thouther, that just makes it more awesome IMO.

Leave a comment:

• meng_mao
    replied
    Where is the screen on that game? It looks the size of a sheet of paper.

Leave a comment:

• MoonSoo
    replied
    Originally posted by lk2230
    Has anyone else played that ARCADE boxing simulation game? The one where you stand in a motion capture field and hold the two handles (which are actually heavier than one would have expected) and "fight" the guy onscreen? To be honest, it's not that bad, and if you get far enough, it's a decent workout.
    I think I played that one. The one where you're not allowed to wear a hat or something?
    Those gloves were around 2 punds I think. And hell, I saw one guy just cheat in the game. All he did was punch the gloves together and they always counted as a hit everytime. Fun game none the less.

Originally posted by Emperor Cesar
    I forgot to mention, has anybody played "Fist of the North Star"? Not the fighting games, but the arcade thing that has six pads that you punch. That game is insanely fun. Its basically DDR but instead of stepping on arrows your punching these red pads that pop out in front of you, and theres timing involved and everything. I also remember that it was hard as hell, once you got to the end of the level you had to throw like 100 punches in under a few seconds. Insane fun and a great workout, I havent been able to play it in years though....
    Oh, do I remember playing that last year. Not only was it a fun and unique game, but it was also FIST OF THE NORTH STAR! That's one of the coolest animes of all time!

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X