Fighting Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lk2230
    Seriously? I never knew they made this game. What system is it for?
    It's for the PC, you can get a demo here,

http://www.daviddouilletjudo-lejeu.c...elechargements

and even if you have barely cursory knowledge of French and/or you've played a game ever you'll be just fine.

It came out on the PS2 as well, but I've never been able to find it.

Comment

Certainly...I never claimed it to be a spectacular simulation of real boxing, only that it is better than one might expect. It lacks a lot, but the game can be what you make of it...you can get SOMETHING out of it, if you take it seriously. You CAN, if you wish, employ proper bobbing and weaving, cross, etc. technique if you so wish, even though it doesn't always get the most points. And when the game makes you do those 30 punch flurries, if you put effort in it does accomplish something. The game ain't gonna make anyone a champ, but it's fun (the most important thing), and it can have some purpose if you want it to. By the way how much do you think the handles weigh?

Comment

Certainly...I never claimed it to be a spectacular simulation of real boxing, only that it is better than one might expect. It lacks a lot, but the game can be what you make of it...you can get SOMETHING out of it, if you take it seriously. You CAN, if you wish, employ proper bobbing and weaving, cross, etc. technique if you so wish, even though it doesn't always get the most points. And when the game makes you do those 30 punch flurries, if you put effort in it does accomplish something. The game ain't gonna make anyone a champ, but it's fun (the most important thing), and it can have some purpose if you want it to. By the way how much do you think the handles weigh?
        Maybe about 2lbs a piece. They're really designed to wear you the fuck out.

And I'm just giving people a hard time in this topic =P Like I said, no reason to look for the most real fake fighting. It's a game, just have fun.
        "Emevas,
        You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

On the subject of boxing, there's also the other boxing game where a camera watches you and you actually get to duck and weave around. I believe it's called MOCAP boxing.

In my opinion, gives you more of a work out because you swing your body around, even though your opponent doesn't actually "hit" you.

Of course, you can only hit your opponent when the game leaves targets on his body and you can automatically hit him by punching the gloves together XD.

Comment

Originally posted by officerha
            On the subject of boxing, there's also the other boxing game where a camera watches you and you actually get to duck and weave around. I believe it's called MOCAP boxing.

In my opinion, gives you more of a work out because you swing your body around, even though your opponent doesn't actually "hit" you.

Of course, you can only hit your opponent when the game leaves targets on his body and you can automatically hit him by punching the gloves together XD.
            I thuoght that's what Emevas and Lk were talking about.

Holy crap I just realized Emevas is save me backwards.
            I better go watch some Smallville.
            52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Comment

I forgot to mention, has anybody played "Fist of the North Star"? Not the fighting games, but the arcade thing that has six pads that you punch. That game is insanely fun. Its basically DDR but instead of stepping on arrows your punching these red pads that pop out in front of you, and theres timing involved and everything. I also remember that it was hard as hell, once you got to the end of the level you had to throw like 100 punches in under a few seconds. Insane fun and a great workout, I havent been able to play it in years though....

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Cesar
                I forgot to mention, has anybody played "Fist of the North Star"? Not the fighting games, but the arcade thing that has six pads that you punch. That game is insanely fun. Its basically DDR but instead of stepping on arrows your punching these red pads that pop out in front of you, and theres timing involved and everything. I also remember that it was hard as hell, once you got to the end of the level you had to throw like 100 punches in under a few seconds. Insane fun and a great workout, I havent been able to play it in years though....
                I WANT ONE!!!

Hell, I'd sell my Red Octane mat to stash one in my basement XD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mas
                  It's for the PC, you can get a demo here,

http://www.daviddouilletjudo-lejeu.c...elechargements

and even if you have barely cursory knowledge of French and/or you've played a game ever you'll be just fine.

It came out on the PS2 as well, but I've never been able to find it.
                  I just became a judo fan. Now they need this for a DDR pad :car10:

Comment

Has anyone else played that ARCADE boxing simulation game? The one where you stand in a motion capture field and hold the two handles (which are actually heavier than one would have expected) and "fight" the guy onscreen? To be honest, it's not that bad, and if you get far enough, it's a decent workout.
                    I think I played that one. The one where you're not allowed to wear a hat or something?
                    Those gloves were around 2 punds I think. And hell, I saw one guy just cheat in the game. All he did was punch the gloves together and they always counted as a hit everytime. Fun game none the less.

Originally posted by Emperor Cesar
                    Oh, do I remember playing that last year. Not only was it a fun and unique game, but it was also FIST OF THE NORTH STAR! That's one of the coolest animes of all time!

Comment

Where is the screen on that game? It looks the size of a sheet of paper.
                      52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Comment

Originally posted by MoonSoo
                        Oh, do I remember playing that last year. Not only was it a fun and unique game, but it was also FIST OF THE NORTH STAR! That's one of the coolest animes of all time!
                        The new Fist Of the North Star Fighting Game is teh shit also.

Note that Southers name is written Thouther, that just makes it more awesome IMO.

Comment

The FOTNS arcade game is all kinds of awesome. Don't play with the gloves though. They're made of lead and smell like ass after all the greasy teens have played it.

I also like the old fashioned "test your punch" machines. Overhand right beats the charging jump punch 9/10 times.
                          "Emevas,
                          You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

This review over on 1emulation says that FOTNS sucks:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/ind...howtopic=21499

It looks awesome though. FOTNS is one of the few anime titles I could get into.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
                              This review over on 1emulation says that FOTNS sucks:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/ind...howtopic=21499

It looks awesome though. FOTNS is one of the few anime titles I could get into.
                              lol it is unbalanced as hell sometimes, but I still think its fun and the character sprites are awesome. If you are a fan of the anime you will like it, that being said it gets a better and more balanced review on insomnia

Comment

I think they should make a Muay Thai game like the Fight Night series. That would be INTENSE!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X