X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7X3Boq8BY

WooOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFfqmFTjBZM
    Last edited by Neildo; 4/17/2007 4:30pm, .
    :new_all_c

Comment

Virtua fighter 4 has some problems re: realism.

Only one character even has moves I would feel comfortable calling "jabs" and "crosses" and "hooks". It also includes the 360 spinning giant's hammer throw, and aikido.

Anyway, those Def jam clips make me wanna go play Def Jam right now. More games need a submission system similar to the one in DJ:FFNY. Although not entirely realistic, it was pretty balanced.

Sadly, in the sequel to Def Jam FFNY, they hired some japanese guy to redo the fighting engine, and he decided to remove all the "pro wrestling" elements. The new fighting styles: Kung Fu, Drunken Boxing, Tae Kwon Do, Streetfighting, and I think Shotokan Karate?

Basically the who's who of shitty styles. No more grappling either.
      "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
      A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
      -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Comment

The Warriors if I remmember correctly had a farily realistic (for a video game) fighting platform. There weren't really submissions but there was GnP and clinching.

Comment

pride fc for ps2 released in 2002

and k-1 2003 which is for the jap ps2

those have gotten the best reviews for realism.

fight night round 3 is also a great game for multiplayer.

tekken and virtua fighter are jokes.

button mashing all day.

Comment

Nothing beats Wii Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecks
              Nothing beats Wii Boxing.
              there is a guy named "ecks" that used to post at a hiphop board i remember years ago,

Comment

Originally posted by Gai
                tekken and virtua fighter are jokes.

button mashing all day.
                That's because you suck at good fighting games.
                Don Frye doesn't like Sun Chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Gai
                  pride fc for ps2 released in 2002
                  I KO people from the bottom of mount all day in PrideFC.
                  "Emevas,
                  You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Tekken is one of my all time favorite games so I have to say that if you're looking for a fighting game go with that. In my opinion it balances perfectly, real and unreal things. Like true, a lot of the game focuses on juggling (but not nearly as much as say Mvs.C) but there are some great moves that would make anyone here happy to see (Marduk shooting into a GnP, Paul's Ippon Seoi-nage, etc.).

Oh yeah, and Tekken is only button mashing when you're a noob.

Comment

owned every virtua fighter even since the saturn versions...

same with tekken, played in arcade and had it when it dropped in late 95 for ps1 when you were probaly sucking the milk out your moms tits.

if anything im a game nerd, and tekken and virtua fighter are still button mashers.

we can have the "well tekken is but virtua fighter is different" argument but you would lose...

they arent fighting simulators, they are arcade games for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Gai
                        owned every virtua fighter even since the saturn versions...

same with tekken, played in arcade and had it when it dropped in late 95 for ps1 when you were probaly sucking the milk out your moms tits.

if anything im a game nerd, and tekken and virtua fighter are still button mashers.

we can have the "well tekken is but virtua fighter is different" argument but you would lose...

they arent fighting simulators, they are arcade games for a reason.

Owning the series doesn't mean you suck any less at those games. You may call yourself a game nerd, but that doesn't change the fact that you're ignorant about fighting games by calling some button mashers. We're not having the "Tekken is but VF is different" because neither games are button mashers when played by barely competent players. You can try and think of yourself as getting into an argument, but you've already lost.

If you think that playing fighting games since I was "sucking milk out of my mom's tits" means anything, that just shows how much you suck at fighting games. You haven't made any progress since writing those games off as button mashers.

Really, you should just give up on fighting games, especially Tekken and VF. They look like they're too difficult for you to play.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDeePee
                          Owning the series doesn't mean you suck any less at those games. You may call yourself a game nerd, but that doesn't change the fact that you're ignorant about fighting games by calling some button mashers. We're not having the "Tekken is but VF is different" because neither games are button mashers when played by barely competent players. You can try and think of yourself as getting into an argument, but you've already lost.

If you think that playing fighting games since I was "sucking milk out of my mom's tits" means anything, that just shows how much you suck at fighting games. You haven't made any progress since writing those games off as button mashers.

Really, you should just give up on fighting games, especially Tekken and VF. They look like they're too difficult for you to play.
                          im quoting gaming critics as well,egm,game informer, vf can be a technical game as well as a button masher, it is an arcade game, why you trying to make it something its not? and vf has always been superior to tekken which not me but the gaming community has said as well, those game are what you make them.

id rather play sf 3 third strike and have a back and forth parry match than juggling players with combos that got old after vf 2 and tekken 2.,..

in japan no one is picking up vf 5, its funny to me.

and tekken still rests in button mashing land. dont believe me? read the reviews from every major gaming outlet since its inception...

owned,

peace faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gai
                            im quoting gaming critics as well,egm,game informer, vf can be a technical game as well as a button masher, it is an arcade game, why you trying to make it something its not? and vf has always been superior to tekken which not me but the gaming community has said as well, those game are what you make them.

id rather play sf 3 third strike and have a back and forth parry match than juggling players with combos that got old after vf 2 and tekken 2.,..

and tekken still rests in button mashing land. dont believe me? read the reviews from every major gaming outlet since its inception...

owned,

peace faggot.
                            You are only partially right (God I cant believe I'm agreeing with you at all) While the game is button mashable at lower levels of play unlike KOF or other decent 2d fighters. Once you get to the higher echelons you will will get fucking owned by people who know what they are doing if you try to button mash (a painful reality I was ushered into by a friend who played the game in tournaments using king)

P.S. - Only tools let game critics tell them which games to like.
                            Last edited by SongPower; 4/17/2007 9:58pm, .

Comment

In any event, to get back to the topic at hand, Buriki One is a pretty realistic and fun fighting game.

The Aikido guy in the game is by far the worst player, as most of his attacks revolve around someone attacking him, but his power and stamina are so low you can usually just wear him out...Hows that for realism!

Comment

Originally posted by Gai

owned,

peace faggot.
                                So the only references you have backing you up are uncredited gaming magazines. EGM has as much worth to video games as Black Belt Magazine has as much worth to martial arts. If Namco gave these magazines more money and sponsorship, reviewers would easily write Tekken as the second coming of Jesus instead of saying that it can also be played as a button masher. Reviewers say that Tekken button mashes because they only put in a few days of playing time just so they can review the game before moving on to the next game. That doesn't mean that the review of the game is valid, but at least I can understand where they're coming from. You've been playing the Tekken series for over 10 years and are still a button masher. What's your excuse?

You also demonstrate that you suck at 3rd Strike as well. Two players parrying back and forth shows how predictable they are. Predictability shows that your game hasn't evolved nor can you adapt while you play. Then again, I'm replying to someone who still button mashes at Tekken since playing the game 10 years ago.

You also shouldn't knock juggling since 3rd strike has that too. Watch any tournament vid of Dudley, Urien, Oro, Makoto SA II, and Yun. You'll always find them juggling. Criticizing juggling for being old since VF 2 and Tekken 2 while praising 3rd Strike means you should shut your mouth. I could mention how juggles and combos have changed in each game, but you button mash. You're not ready to juggle yet.

The point of all this is to show that you're in another thread where you're showing that you have no idea what you're talking about. In this case, it's how to play fighting games. I don't care if people think Tekken and VF are realistic. I really don't care.

Seriously. Quit fighting games. It will be one thing less to suck at in life.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X