Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review of Street Sword by Phil Elmore

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Review of Street Sword by Phil Elmore


    #2
    You actually bought this book?

    Comment


      #3
      at this point I think we can all agree that phil is just a really dumb chimp that was dressed up to look like a human as a joke on the martial arts world.


      EDIT: if you are looking for good sword fechtbooks, I can reccomend more than a few.

      Comment


        #4
        Who on Baal's name would buy a book from Phil's, in particular one so craptacularly named "Street Sword"? I mean... "Street Sword", what the fuck? Someone watched Blade one time too fucking many.

        Fantasy-fu FTW!!!!

        Comment


          #5
          Yes I did buy it. Sometimes you have to spend money for entertainment.

          Bluto, don't worry. I would never mistake this for a GOOD sword book.

          Comment


            #6
            El Macho, you should see some of the pictures in it. Katana in one hand, pistol in the other wearing his trench coat, shemagh and scowling in the snow. makes me want to giggle.

            Comment


              #7
              Who the hell is going to go walking down the street with a sword:violent1:

              Comment


                #8
                i've done it.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Muqatil
                  El Macho, you should see some of the pictures in it. Katana in one hand, pistol in the other wearing his trench coat, shemagh and scowling in the snow. makes me want to giggle.
                  Good Lord, I stand corrected. Phil had watched Blade AND Firefly one time too many.

                  Originally posted by Bell2Bell
                  Who the hell is going to go walking down the street with a sword
                  According to Phil, lava-walking homeless people and post-nuclear zombies.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by From Bell2Bell
                    Who the hell is going to go walking down the street with a sword:violent1:
                    Connor McCloud of the clan McCloud. Thats why you wear the trench coat, to hide your street sword. Phil's sword's name is 'slayer of the homeless'.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Serious question, if you were going to defend your home with a sword, would you go for something like a rapier. I think poke, poke would be easier than hack, hack. Lighter and faster also.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by M1K3
                        Connor McCloud of the clan McCloud. Thats why you wear the trench coat, to hide your street sword. Phil's sword's name is 'slayer of the homeless'.
                        The trench coat is to hide the skirt... err, kilt.

                        Originally posted by M1K3
                        Serious question, if you were going to defend your home with a sword, would you go for something like a rapier. I think poke, poke would be easier than hack, hack. Lighter and faster also.
                        Screw that. An axe is the way to go.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by El Macho
                          The trench coat is to hide the skirt... err, kilt.

                          Screw that. An axe is the way to go.
                          Actually that is a lead in for Phil's next book 'The suburban warhammer. Good hammers make good neighbors'. :phil:

                          Comment


                            #14
                            By "sword" he means exposed penis, and by "street" he means, street.

                            Sub-text, people.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by M1K3
                              Connor McCloud of the clan McCloud. Thats why you wear the trench coat, to hide your street sword. Phil's sword's name is 'slayer of the homeless'.

                              I was thinking the same thing, he's poking fun at Highlander wanna-bes but he's still seriously considering the idea of packig a sword in public:laughing1

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X