X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of Street Sword by Phil Elmore

You actually bought this book?

Comment

at this point I think we can all agree that phil is just a really dumb chimp that was dressed up to look like a human as a joke on the martial arts world.

EDIT: if you are looking for good sword fechtbooks, I can reccomend more than a few.

Comment

Who on Baal's name would buy a book from Phil's, in particular one so craptacularly named "Street Sword"? I mean... "Street Sword", what the fuck? Someone watched Blade one time too fucking many.

Fantasy-fu FTW!!!!

Comment

Yes I did buy it. Sometimes you have to spend money for entertainment.

Bluto, don't worry. I would never mistake this for a GOOD sword book.

Comment

El Macho, you should see some of the pictures in it. Katana in one hand, pistol in the other wearing his trench coat, shemagh and scowling in the snow. makes me want to giggle.

Comment

Who the hell is going to go walking down the street with a sword:violent1:

Comment

i've done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Muqatil
                  El Macho, you should see some of the pictures in it. Katana in one hand, pistol in the other wearing his trench coat, shemagh and scowling in the snow. makes me want to giggle.
                  Good Lord, I stand corrected. Phil had watched Blade AND Firefly one time too many.

Originally posted by Bell2Bell
                  Who the hell is going to go walking down the street with a sword
                  According to Phil, lava-walking homeless people and post-nuclear zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by From Bell2Bell
                    Who the hell is going to go walking down the street with a sword:violent1:
                    Connor McCloud of the clan McCloud. Thats why you wear the trench coat, to hide your street sword. Phil's sword's name is 'slayer of the homeless'.

Comment

Serious question, if you were going to defend your home with a sword, would you go for something like a rapier. I think poke, poke would be easier than hack, hack. Lighter and faster also.

Comment

Originally posted by M1K3
                        Connor McCloud of the clan McCloud. Thats why you wear the trench coat, to hide your street sword. Phil's sword's name is 'slayer of the homeless'.
                        The trench coat is to hide the skirt... err, kilt.

Serious question, if you were going to defend your home with a sword, would you go for something like a rapier. I think poke, poke would be easier than hack, hack. Lighter and faster also.
                        Screw that. An axe is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by El Macho
                          The trench coat is to hide the skirt... err, kilt.

Screw that. An axe is the way to go.
                          Actually that is a lead in for Phil's next book 'The suburban warhammer. Good hammers make good neighbors'. :phil:

Comment

By "sword" he means exposed penis, and by "street" he means, street.

Sub-text, people.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, he's poking fun at Highlander wanna-bes but he's still seriously considering the idea of packig a sword in public:laughing1

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X