Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting at a straight blast gym tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting at a straight blast gym tomorrow!

DUDES.... It's time for me to get my ass handed to me in a fantastic way. I found a straight blast gym here locally and am going in tomorrow to start training. I don't plan on becoming a GSP cage fighter anytime soon. But the idea of starting up JuJitsu makes my gi pants tight... Finally a place that it takes around 2 years per belt. Some place that teaches jujitsu and striking and all that other stuff. I love hapkido (blow me) so I will stick with that, but am totally excited to start up!

Anything I should know other than the obvious about having my ass handed to me for a while? They have a conditioning class as well that I gave some thought to starting in. I am in pretty good shape, but I expect to find out just how NOT in shape I am tomorrow.

Yes. Don't post threads like this in DHS.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

ooooooook then.. my bad

Comment

We just had a TD at a Hapkido gym in Toronto. Great hosts and the guys there like to spar hard and were decent fighters. First time I ever met/matched up with a Hapkido guy.
        " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Comment

hapkido is fun.

Comment

welcome to the straight blast family

Comment

thank you :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chizilds
                But the idea of starting up JuJitsu makes my gi pants tight... Finally a place that it takes around 2 years per belt. Some place that teaches jujitsu and striking and all that other stuff...

Anything I should know other than the obvious about having my ass handed to me for a while? They have a conditioning class as well that I gave some thought to starting in. I am in pretty good shape, but I expect to find out just how NOT in shape I am tomorrow.
                In terms of BJJ, I'd recommend the following threads:

Training, Stagnation and Tapping
                Maximizing what you get out of rolling
                Protecting Yourself During Sparring
                First Day Lesson
                Fundamental 5

And the following articles:

Starting BJJ Classes
                Nuggets of Advice
                BJJ Beginner FAQ, Artemis BJJ, GrappleThon.org (BJJ for Charity)

Comment

SBG is the way to go. Congratulations.

Comment

Yeah you'll definitely want to do the conditioning crap. I thought I was in good shape till I puked.
                    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
                    https://www.fitocracy.com/group/2988/

Comment

Thats kinda what I expect. I have done TKD and Hapkido for over 2 years now and am in pretty good shape... but I am ready to see just HOW out of shape I really am.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X