Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I thought Id tell you guys about the Judo Dojo ive found.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I thought Id tell you guys about the Judo Dojo ive found.

What kind of weapons?
    More human than human is our motto.

Comment

Weapons are: Nunchukus (locks and trapping as well striking. He emphasises the former.), Bo staff, Sai, Tonfa, Naginata, Kama and Katana/Bokken.

Comment

Do his students compete with other schools in judo tournaments?

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden Ronin
          Weapons are: Nunchukus (locks and trapping as well striking. He emphasises the former.), Bo staff, Sai, Tonfa, Naginata, Kama and Katana/Bokken.
          Nunchukus in a grappling MA? Am I missing something here?

Comment

Yes, I belive he does compete outside the club. I know he mentioned tournaments, and I doubt thier internal because its only a small club. Classes are about 9 people. thats the biggest ive seen so far.

As for nunchukus, Apprently the chain/cord was designed to wrap up and constrict wrists and akles as a method of pain compliance.

Comment

You have a name for this instructor? I'd hate to think that you went looking for a school and got a McDojo instead without knowing it.

Comment

His name? .....bugger. You know I think I asked everything but that. Ill ask him next time I see him, Wednesday all being well.

Comment

Originally posted by polishillusion
                  Nunchukus in a grappling MA? Am I missing something here?
                  My friend used to teach nunchaku's and he taught how to use them in grappling situations, trapping the arm and such and applying bicep crunches etc. He did it mostly as a joke, but it was good times :)
                  Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
                  ...Willing is not enough you must do
                  ~Bruce Lee

Comment

This thread got real weird with mention of nunchaku and judo in the same sentence.

Comment

I guess its like three arts taught in the same place. Judo, Jujutsu and Kabudo. The nunchuku arn't relavent to the Judo training.

Comment

so i assume kabudo is the nunchucks thing??

personally i'd stay away from nunchucks, everyone i have spoken to about them has hurt themselves a lot more than anyone attacking them

Comment

Any links to a website for the club?
                          "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't fuck with me!"

Comment

Yeah, nunchuks are part of the Kabudo side. Kabudo being weapons for those who don't know. As for the website ,www.ParkLodgeJJK.co.uk. Its only 3 minutes away from me and I only stumbled across it by bouncing off every Jujutsu McDojo in the county of Essex.
                            Last edited by Hidden Ronin; 3/25/2007 6:42pm, .

Comment

Just looked at the site...seems OK enough...why don't you go to a few classes, and post a review or something? I'd be interested in hearing your experiences at the very least.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X