Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kung fu techniques to counter boxing. Yeah, seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kung fu techniques to counter boxing. Yeah, seriously.

Found this link on Rosstraining. I was gonna post this in fraud and investigations forum, but I find it entirely too amusing.

http://www.wongkk.com/general/videos...rn-boxing.html

Looked pretty sweet. Why the hell am I bothering to train boxing, with all my ineffective "Bouncing about" and :having some clue what in the fuck I am doing"
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wish someone would
      beat that guy like a Sunday morning boner.

"Sifu Wong". What a crock!
      SEANBABY:
      "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

I used to think my boxing was sloppy, but I'm pretty boy floyd compared to those bastards.
        You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

More like Sifu Wrong amirite guys?

God I kill me sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Lu Tze
            More like Sifu Wrong amirite guys?

God I kill me sometimes...
            I thought it was pretty funny.

Comment

He says to use side-kicks. Seriously. Side-kicks to counter boxing. His argument is that boxers will just "bounce away." Now, I'm not a boxer, but I'm pretty sure that weaving and slipping are part of boxing too. And when your kick catches nothing but air (because any idiot, even a noob grappler like me, can see a chambered side-kick a mile away), you'll have about a quarter of a second to wonder where you went wrong before the boxer who is now immediately beside you starts to un-pretty your face.

Comment

There are truely some awesome quotes on that website.

"Using the Double Dragon Hands at the Box-Arrow Stance is an effective way to keep an agile boxer at bay. The boxer soon becomes tired from his bouncing about, while you are still relaxed and full of energy."
                Hmmm...considering boxers typically train to go 10 to 15 rounds...I'm wondering exactly how long you have to stand there in that special stance before the boxer "becomes tired."

Kung fu wins! (A real) Video please.

"Note that while the boxer may become tired easily from his bouncing about, the kungfu exponent is calm and relaxed, and is able to conserve his energy."
                Further evidence that they have never met a boxer.

Comment

Ha! plus a lot of times boxers are going to get their distance which is too close for side kicks!

Comment

What about the technique called green dragon shoots pearl! seriously its on there

Comment

WTF is he trying to say here? Even ignoring the typo this makes no sense. Am I misunderstanding this or is this a kung fu guy that thinks boxing is all speed with no power? Or does he think the punches are low percentage techniques? Or does he just generally look down on boxing for some vague reason that he can't explain?

Comment

He looks down on boxing because it's not Chinese. And he doesn't teach it. I remember reading about a mongolian kung fu/shiao Jiao guy that said he challenged a boxer and wound up in the hospital. I wish I still had the issue-quote "don't underestimate boxers!"
                        "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Comment

Originally posted by From Bell2Bell
                          WTF is he trying to say here? Even ignoring the typo this makes no sense. Am I misunderstanding this or is this a kung fu guy that thinks boxing is all speed with no power? Or does he think the punches are low percentage techniques? Or does he just generally look down on boxing for some vague reason that he can't explain?
                          Boxing "technique" is terrible because there's only a few punches and not the hundreds of strikes and forms and whatever. I mean, a 1-2 combo? That's not nearly as awesome as flying dragon spys the eagle into tiger claw lightning upper!
                          You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

I'll have to remember, that while sparring a gung fu guy, that I don't bounce around too much and fall into his trap.

Comment

This pic amuses me to no end:

"Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X