Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krav Maga Liven International - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krav Maga Liven International - opinions?

Greetings,

I just went to see a 2 day seminar by Raffi Liven, head of the Krav Maga Liven International organization here in Slovakia (as a journalist).

He'll probably head the new training program for the Slovak police special units, as their chief H2H combat instructor is R. Liven's friend and training partner (kind of - a fellow karateka...).

The seminar included knife defense (throws, joint-locks, etc...) and a LOT of karate movements (Raffi Liven is a karateka, with his own Sho shin do style). I might put on some pictures/videos I shot there with several Goju and other black belts attending...
    There was also some bottle neck cutting with edge of palm by Mr. Liven, who supposedly also holds world records in breaking a lot of bricks...

Since Mr. Liven is only mentioned on this site in a very old and long dead thread on Krav Maga's history, are there any folks here who have personal experience with Mr. Liven or his students?

He lives and trains in Denmark. He says he's got the 9th dan in Kyokushin karate and trains people for Scandinavian Pankration fights. (http://www.kravmaga-li.dk/)
    Not calling bullshit, just asking...

P.S.
    When I asked about the "lineage wars" in Krav Maga, I was told, amongst others, that Eyal Yanilov, head of the International Krav Maga Federation (http://www.krav-maga.com/head_instructor.html), "cannot fight"... /Eyal trains the guy who opened the first Krav Maga school in Bratislava last year, called Imi's House in honour of the founder who lived here.../
    Last edited by Tonuzaba; 2/26/2007 10:25am, .

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Originally posted by Tonuzaba
    When I asked about the "lineage wars" in Krav Maga, I was told, amongst others, that Eyal Yanilov, head of the International Krav Maga Federation (http://www.krav-maga.com/head_instructor.html), "cannot fight"... /Eyal trains the guy who opened the first Krav Maga school in Bratislava last year, called Imi's House in honour of the founder who lived here.../
    Howdy, I came here from the Human Weapon thread. I've never heard of Liven, but the world's a big place--you can't know everybody. I only know Yanilov as another head instructor through what I've read, not personally.

However, the whole, "that other guy can't fight" thing is nothing new to Krav Maga (or any other martial art, for that matter). Everybody's competing for market space, and unfortunately some people are swayed by that sort of marketing/shit-talking.

Comment

Yes I know Mr. Liven.
      What is it you want to know about him?

Comment

Originally posted by sonofkanga
        Yes I know Mr. Liven.
        What is it you want to know about him?
        As I've stated in my first post, any personal experience/view is welcome. Thanx.

CLICK & WATCH
        :
        I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
        " - by Vorpal

Comment

The Boiling shitpot of madness that is Raffi Liven.

Whatever Raffi Liven has accomplished in life, nothing compares to his 367degree blackbelt in batshit insanity.
          Some years back he did an interview with a danish magazine where he told some startling highlights of his extraordinary life.

-Raffi Liven has fought Professional MuayThai in thailand, having over a thousand fights and winning all of them in the first round, by knockout.
          His first fight was on a beach against a Phuket champion who kicked him in the head, then Raffi put him down with a single strike. He went on to be the best thaiboxer in thailand.

-While working as the presidents bodyguard during a revolution in Matinique he fought a horde of 4000 people while armed with two machetes, feeling no pain even though he was greviously injured during the combat and ended up standing in a field of corpses.

I quote, translated: "Suddently i was alone and fought 4000 people...i got wounded by knives, machetes and stilletos(?). I fought thousands, there were corpses everywhere. But i fought on, i felt no pain".

-He has a world records in both bottle breaking, 8 in brick breaking and 1 in fast kicking. (168 kicks in a minute, unfortunatly no-one recorded it, sometimes this is turned into 168 concrete slabs though).

-Also he claims to have been assaulted in Aarhus Denmark, where the police were involved afterwards. He got stabbed in the back and he killed two and injured six. Aarhus Police knows nothing of this however.

Also, working as a bouncer he fought some local bikers, and then went to their club house and beat them all up for making trouble.

At the time, at 57 years old, Raffi still stated:
          "Take any fighter today, any weight class, and i will take him out in seconds".
          He also have a standing 8000$ offer to anyone who can beat him in a fight.

He has trainede Armon Raidley, who you must all know. Since he (according to Liven) was number one in both kickboxing, shotokan and kyokushin in the world, number one thaiboxer in japan even beating heavyweights while weighing 63 kgs.

He has also beaten cancer twice, without the aid of doctors.

Last quote from a great master with over 30 dan: "I hate to lose.The only time I've ever lost was to a doctor who gave me anaesthetics before a surgery. I lose the day I die!"

Comment

Can you document him making any of those claims?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatunentFist View Post
              Whatever Raffi Liven has accomplished in life, nothing compares to his 367degree blackbelt in batshit insanity.
              Some years back he did an interview with a danish magazine where he told some startling highlights of his extraordinary life.

-Raffi Liven has fought Professional MuayThai in thailand, having over a thousand fights and winning all of them in the first round, by knockout.
              His first fight was on a beach against a Phuket champion who kicked him in the head, then Raffi put him down with a single strike. He went on to be the best thaiboxer in thailand.

-While working as the presidents bodyguard during a revolution in Matinique he fought a horde of 4000 people while armed with two machetes, feeling no pain even though he was greviously injured during the combat and ended up standing in a field of corpses.

I quote, translated: "Suddently i was alone and fought 4000 people...i got wounded by knives, machetes and stilletos(?). I fought thousands, there were corpses everywhere. But i fought on, i felt no pain".

-He has a world records in both bottle breaking, 8 in brick breaking and 1 in fast kicking. (168 kicks in a minute, unfortunatly no-one recorded it, sometimes this is turned into 168 concrete slabs though).

-Also he claims to have been assaulted in Aarhus Denmark, where the police were involved afterwards. He got stabbed in the back and he killed two and injured six. Aarhus Police knows nothing of this however.

Also, working as a bouncer he fought some local bikers, and then went to their club house and beat them all up for making trouble.

He has trainede Armon Raidley, who you must all know. Since he (according to Liven) was number one in both kickboxing, shotokan and kyokushin in the world, number one thaiboxer in japan even beating heavyweights while weighing 63 kgs.

Last quote from a great master with over 30 dan: "I hate to lose.The only time I've ever lost was to a doctor who gave me anaesthetics before a surgery. I lose the day I die!"
              You waited 8 years to post this?? Way to stay relevant. This one isn't even a necro at this point it's dust. Can you at the very least back your bullshit up with some proof??

Comment

Originally posted by FlatunentFist View Post

You waited 8 years to post this?? Way to stay relevant. This one isn't even a necro at this point it's dust. Can you at the very least back your bullshit up with some proof??

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                      I saw that he had just posted about his world record in speedkicking on FB and got curious as to what else was going on in his weird version of the world.
                      As to proof, most of the claims are on his own website, the rest i have heard from some students of his. The stuff that he says happened in Aarhus, so nut the really crazy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                        Can you document him making any of those claims?
                        It seems that i have to have 5 posts before i can share links. But i have found them. So i will let you have them ASAP. They are in danish though.

But i actually like Raffi much more than so many others because he pulls no stops in his claims. Sort of like Bikram, just without the rapecharges.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X