muay thai questions..true or false?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muay thai questions..true or false?

My muay thai instructor always make wierd sound when he kick/punch.He said that the purpose is to push air out while attacking.I was wondering if everyone agree that it is important.My instructor is kinda good as he train in tiger pitt in thailand and was the champion of singapore king of the cage and had over 10 years of muay thai experiences.I wanted to hear about everyone view on making sound to " push air out " because everytime i view videos or watch fights,i don't see anyone doing that lol.

well yeah you dont do it in fights because opening your mouth isnt a good idea but if you watch footage from thailand and a lot of guys whove trained in thailand they make that loud BAP sound. AAAIIII is also popular for throwing people, one guy i train with is very vocal.

Comment

My growl seems to work for me...
      But a\ lot of people laugh at the gym

Comment

Can't beat a good ol' boxer's hiss.
        Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.

Comment

I found that when I stepped up my training for an upcoming fight, I started to do this automatically anyway or made a Tennis Player kind of grunt.
          " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Everybody I know at least does the hiss.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
            King, and lord of sin and pride
            With some mist his wits make dark.
            He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

the idea is to expel air with your blow in anticipation of the counter-blow, so as not to get winded. (a western boxing coach told me this.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tehturbow
                My muay thai instructor always make wierd sound when he kick/punch.He said that the purpose is to push air out while attacking.I was wondering if everyone agree that it is important.My instructor is kinda good as he train in tiger pitt in thailand and was the champion of singapore king of the cage and had over 10 years of muay thai experiences.I wanted to hear about everyone view on making sound to " push air out " because everytime i view videos or watch fights,i don't see anyone doing that lol.
                Your instructor has all this experience and you have the audacity to question him. If a student of mine doubted what I said about something like that, I would definitely kick his ass the next time we sparred.

Comment

Originally posted by Liffguard
                  Can't beat a good ol' boxer's hiss.
                  Is that cockney rhyming slang? Oh, no that's a gypsies....never mind!

Comment

Fucking, eh? Did Canada ever produce a joke that made sense?
                    Locu5
                    combat sports hobbyist

Comment

He was talking about the Cockney Rhyming slang for a piss.
                      " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

I either grunt or hiss, but never alternate them in a regular rythm.

Comment

Sometimes I blurt out profanities, but mostly just the hiss or grunt, but, unlike Ryno, in a rhythmic pattern

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
                          King, and lord of sin and pride
                          With some mist his wits make dark.
                          He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

Grunting, hissing or making noise is just a natural thing to do when doing something that's taxing the shit out of your body.
                            Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Locu5
                              Fucking, eh? Did Canada ever produce a joke that made sense?
                              Dunno - I'm English

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X