No announcement yet.

Remember those Girls Video doing BJJ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We enjoy the traffic and will transfer the thread to another section if it becomes so.

Comment

Okie dokie. I'm sending a link to them.

Comment

Done. This is what I sent to them...

FYI,

There is a discussion going on about you at www.bullshido.net, a website dedicated to martial arts training. There are questions about your training, your demo clips and on overall, the impression you may or may not be giving to the general public when it comes to women in martial arts.

Feel free to check this discussion and address any questions in any way you feel needed at the following URL:

<url to this thread>

Regards.

Let's see what happens.

Comment

They already got shredded on sherdog, this will really be a test of how dumb they are.

Fool me once, fool me twice and all that.

Comment

It's cool that they train and post videos, but I don't think I'd take 'lessons' from them.

Comment

Bah, I wish I had seen this thread when it started.

I trained at the orlando gracie barra for all of last month. I took classes with those girls and they only take the intro classes (read: no actual rolling). I took the intro class as a warm up for the regular class. Both girls would only attend the intro class and then leave. All the intro class has is an easy warmup and then really basic drills. Half the people would use it as a warm up before the regular class, and the other half would just leave after it. I think that they required them to have at least eight intro classes before they were allowed to do the regular classes with actual rolling.

That and I didn't find either of them particularly attractive in person.

*edit* I take it back, I wish I had never seen this thread at all. I just clicked through some myspace profiles and realized that the instructors at my academy have myspace pages. I feel like I just found used condoms in a sibling's bed.
              Last edited by goosetherumfoodle; 1/31/2007 2:21am, .

Comment

I also have to lol at their shit-talk on Tim Sylvia, who's bigger then both of them put together and still probably better on the ground

Comment

From the mma girls

Originally posted by MMA Girls
                  Saw the thread. We appreciate the heads up and you can post this on the thread for us.

From the MMA Girls:

We love Aesopian. Congrats on your purple by the way. That is a huge accomplishment in the bjj world because most people quit long before then.

We've been training for a few months at GBO. This is a really great school with solid fighters. We don't want to bring any disrespect to our school and will not get involved in any message board wars because it really doesn't accomplish anything.

Yes, we are trying to launch a clothing line. Yes, we have sponsors that are really good to us. All I want to say in conclusion is we love this sport and apologize if we offended anyone by making our below par instructional videos.
                  -- ED --

And this is what I wrote:

Originally posted by who the fuck else but me, El Macho
                  Will do as you requested. It is a good choice for both of you not to get engaged in internet wars. More often than not they are not useful.

However, I do hope you do not see bullshido.net as a website for inflamatory internet wars. It is a site and a tool for serious practitioners and fans of martial arts to exchange ideas, but most important, to combat fraud and missinformation in martial arts.

Good luck with your business endeavours, and best wishes.

EM.
                  I'd say take things with a grain of salt. It's iffy that they don't train and bang like the others, and that they put sub-par instructionals. I do have a problem with those clips. Other than that, I wish them well in their business endeavors.
                  Last edited by Teh El Macho; 1/31/2007 8:08am, .

Comment

Is it me, or did they actually acknowledge sub-par instruction? It's not really registering on my sarcas-o-meter.

Comment

Originally posted by MMA Girls
                      Saw the thread. We appreciate the heads up and you can post this on the thread for us.

From the MMA Girls:

We love Aesopian. Congrats on your purple by the way. That is a huge accomplishment in the bjj world because most people quit long before then.

We've been training for a few months at GBO. This is a really great school with solid fighters. We don't want to bring any disrespect to our school and will not get involved in any message board wars because it really doesn't accomplish anything.

Yes, we are trying to launch a clothing line. Yes, we have sponsors that are really good to us. All I want to say in conclusion is we love this sport and apologize if we offended anyone by making our below par instructional videos.
                      Damn. Class act. Thread and controversy done as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks, Macho and MMA Girls.

GJ

Originally posted by OnceLost
                      Is it me, or did they actually acknowledge sub-par instruction? It's not really registering on my sarcas-o-meter.
                      As was posted by Umpa and I think GB, the girls have apparently been reamed for the vids they dubbed as "instructional" vids. My take is that the vids are a gimmick to help get them attention and help market their "clothing line". The same appears true with their stated "business" affiliation with GBO. The fact that they are actually training in the sport is a credit to them in wanting to know what they are talking about.

It is America, capitalism and all, so as long as they are admitting that the vids are not "instructional" in the true sense of the word than I don't see any bullshido on their part, its just a marketing tactic.
                      Last edited by GoldenJonas; 1/31/2007 8:10am, .

Comment

That's exactly what I feel about this after seeing these girls' response. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think they called these clips "tutorials" out of naiveness/ignorance rather than an act of malice or a deluded belief in their pretty kata. Bad choice of naming conventions if you ask me; that coupled with a prev comment that women didn't like to train and sweat landed them into the internet bad lands.

But their answer is quite decent and pretty much clear into what their goals are. That's done as far as I can see.

Comment

Just checking - sometimes I miss sarcasm on the 'net...that was a fairly classy response.

Comment

Originally posted by El Macho
                            That's exactly what I feel about this after seeing these girls' response. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think they called these clips "tutorials" out of naiveness/ignorance rather than an act of malice or a deluded belief in their pretty kata. Bad choice of naming conventions if you ask me; that coupled with a prev comment that women didn't like to train and sweat landed them into the internet bad lands.

But their answer is quite decent and pretty much clear into what their goals are. That's done as far as I can see.

Fair play, I agree.

Comment

You know how the 60s were all about peace and love? And how when people think of the 70s, they think of bell-bottoms and disco. And how the 80s conjure up images of fallen YUPPPIEs and Miami Vice? Well, I think that the first ten years of this century will be remembered as the decade of the whore.

Comment

Giggidy Giggidy ... that is all.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X