Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Bruce Lee rates YOU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He forgot good old fashion fisticuffs.

Comment

Bruce Lee's opinions:

1. Lacks variety
      2. Out of date for the most part
      3. Not Entirely True
      4. Died with him

Nothing is sadder than BL worship. Or anyone worship, for that matter.
      SEANBABY:
      "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

Originally posted by OnceLost
        If that was a posthumous publication, he may never have intended to share his 'working notes.' Not that I'm defending him, but he could have heard about muay thai, written a couple of notes and decided to look into it more later...

Right. It was no accident Dan Inosanto learned MT in incorporated it.
        SEANBABY:
        "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

To me I don't understand why Bruce Lee just did not learn Muay Thai and then just added the finger jab, etc. Oh yes, if he did Muay Thai he might have had to actual fight someone.

Comment

Who is Bruce lee to be rating anything? That guy is the fucking worst thing about martial arts.

Comment

Isn't there a group who claims to channel the ghost of BL?

No, sorry...a search function showed that was the ghost of Ueshiba...
              "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
              - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Comment

Originally posted by odacon
                Who is Bruce lee to be rating anything? That guy is the fucking worst thing about martial arts.
                At the risk of being accused of nutriding...which I probably am...this is crap!

Bruce may not be the god he is often portrayed as, but to an extent he was the catalyst for breaking away from the whole TMA mindset. Like him or no, if he is the worst thing you can find in MA (when Ashida Kim et al are around) you can't have that much experience...

...or you like baiting LEO JKD'ers....wait a minute...SWINE!!

Bruce's notes were a "work in progress" and just related to how he saw things at the time. Like any investigation your initial hypotheses and pre-conceptions can change as things progress.

Interesting how Bruce get slagged off yet Dan gets largely left alone...do people hate the man or just the fact that the public perceive him as this immortal figure?

WADAAHHH!!

Comment

Originally posted by feedback
                  Try and pinch my shins, they're made of goddamn granite.
                  I thought your glutes were made of granite.

Comment

come on, critical thinking, guys. the shin pinch is one of the few techniques you can execute from a proper nut-hugger position.

Comment

Anyways, if anybody is wondering when/why he wrote down these notes, the book says that Bruce hurt his back during improper weight training in 1970, thus Bruce was unable to work out or do much for a while. While stuck in bed doing nothing, Bruce decided to wip out the notepad and write down notes on his martial arts. Theres a whole shitload of notes in here.

I gota admire this guys way of thinking though. When I started martial arts mid 2006, I loved my shitty karate dojo and instead of just happily training in karate, I looked into and researched all the martial arts I could. I have some aikido books, Bruce Lee books, Boxing books, some history books, nhb books, bjj books etc and it was through this research that I quit karate and joined up in my current Jiu Jitsu dojo. That research also lead me to Bullshido.

Comment

I thought your glutes were made of granite.
                        I have buns of steel!! And 8 minute abs, but I digress...

I have some aikido books, Bruce Lee books, Boxing books, some history books, nhb books, bjj books etc and it was through this research that I quit karate and joined up in my current Jiu Jitsu dojo.
                        Good for you! Most krotty folks would just add boxing and bjj classes to their curriculum...
                        "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
                        - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Comment

Ah yes, the TKD "head ram"...

Something they really don't teach any more...

Comment

I meant to ask what the "head ram" is. It sounds like a bull rush head butt from five paces away.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceLost

Good for you! Most krotty folks would just add boxing and bjj classes to their curriculum...
                              Its not that karate sucks, its the dojo that blew. It was Bullshido in every way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Gwinn
                                I meant to ask what the "head ram" is. It sounds like a bull rush head butt from five paces away.
                                Pak chigi. I'd translate it as head butt. Before Koreans were widely known for their kicking, this is what they were known for, especially in the North.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X