Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My reasons for picking judo over bjj and muay thai.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkartigue
    LMFAO Osotogari is an easy throw to take at first.

Easy throw to give the first concussion.
    Well, you can do it nice, and you can do it mean. Since your hand is pretty high, if you want to be nice, you can stop his head from hitting the ground. I do this with new people all the time. The rest of their body should hit the ground all at once, which probably isn't going to kill them. It's better than throws (like seionage or uchimata) where the uke can be disoriented if he's not used to it.

Comment

Seionage on the streets = DimMak :]]

Comment

teh el macho
        Guys, I don't need you to tell me who I should hurt and who I shouldn't. I'm asking for advice on technique, not on how to act. I think you don't really get the picture of how things are over there and I don't wanna blame you because you've never been there. The country is irrelevant, because your chances of having ever heard of it are small and I don't wanna give it away. I'm studying BJJ in US.

"Sounds like a shitty place, and I know what a shitty place is like."
        I used to love it despite all the fights. But yeah, it has gotten shittier over the years.

"It is also assumed that people grow up."
        I've been there two years ago. I know how things are right now. And yes, everything I told you about it is still true.
        Last edited by Johnbob; 9/19/2007 10:25am, .

Comment

Nobody can force you to reveal your identity. Nobody here wants to force you to.

But to refuse to state the country? I mean stating you come from the Vatican or any other one-square "state" wouldn't mean we know WHO YOU ARE... You're not the sole inhabitant of that dark little piece of land, are you?

It's just strange. Especially since you describe it as a very dangerous place and don't give us the chance to evaluate/compare.

CLICK & WATCH
          :
          I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
          " - by Vorpal

Comment

It's in a small country you've never heard of. No one in US has heard of it, so don't take offense.
            Anybody but me want to call bullshit on this one?

Comment

No, I live in my own little country that nobody has heard of. I call it Texas.

Comment

It's just strange. Especially since you describe it as a very dangerous place and don't give us the chance to evaluate/compare.
                Just forget about where I'm from. I didn't say the whole country is a dangerous place, I was talking about my neighberhood. From what I know, there is nothing special about it, meaning it's hardly the only place in the country where you can easily get in a fight, but that doesn't mean there aren't any nice ones. If you wear a nice suit, give all the bribes to the policemen who stop you for "speeding" and don't go out of your way to get to know people around you, nobody is gonna tackle you on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnbob
                  Just forget about where I'm from. I didn't say the whole country is a dangerous place, I was talking about my neighberhood. From what I know, there is nothing special about it, meaning it's hardly the only place in the country where you can easily get in a fight, but that doesn't mean there aren't any nice ones. If you wear a nice suit, give all the bribes to the policemen who stop you for "speeding" and don't go out of your way to get to know people around you, nobody is gonna tackle you on the street.
                  Come on, at least give us hints from the entertainment industry to make our guessing easier!

Is the setting like from the movies: 1984, A clockwork orange, Brazil?

CLICK & WATCH
                  :
                  I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
                  " - by Vorpal

Comment

Unfortunately, I have never been in Brazil and I have only heard about the two books you mentioned. The setting is not like the movies. It's kinda dull. It's just a small town, and when somebody living in another country drops by to pay his old home a visit, it's big news for people.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega the Merciless
                      *** raise hand ***

-- EDIT --

The reason people ask is because they want to evaluate whether you are for real (background, training, motives, etc), or whether you are yet one more person, out of the zillions and kazzilions we see every month, coming from the internet making up bullshit stories. The more real you are, the more serious people will tend to look at you questions.
                      Last edited by Teh El Macho; 9/19/2007 11:23am, .

Comment

No, I believe him. I too am from a dangerous third world country none of you have ever heard of. It is ruled by a crazed dictator and his army of cyborg killing machines, and each day to receive your ration of gruel and stagnant water, you must fight against your closest neighbors in a steel cage on a platform surrounded by spikes that are on fire. Can anyone tell me what savate techniques would be good for this situation? I have not won a daily ration of gruel for a week, and am using the last of my strength to type this.

Comment

Man, Mississippi sounds just like Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega the Merciless

ME..ME..ME...:hello2:

Comment

Originally posted by Johnbob
                              . The country is irrelevant, because your chances of having ever heard of it are small and I don't wanna give it away.

JB I am going to say that because you refuse to reveal the country of your origin that

a) You are ashamed of where you are from

b) You are lying

c) They threw you out

Now those would be my choices here.

Now back to the main subject...you come on here asking for what throws would be the best to throw a person without hurting them.

At first was taken as if you were training with that person but you later stated that it would be for a S/D situation.

But your S/D situation then turned out to be a scrap between friends who kiss and make up afterwards.

Then you said that your old neighborhood is the uber deadly place to live.

All i can say is make up your mind....If you get pissed enough at somebody to want/need to throw them or do GnP on them I don't think I would want to make up with them afterwards.

you have been given good info by several people on throws for your original scenario then change it. Next you start saying that basicly no one other than you would be able to walk the streets and be safe unless we are ready to fight for our lives constantly.

And as a closer on the wikipedia matter ..if you take several books on the same subject matter and compare them you are going to find that they will differ on some points.
                              May be major or minor but you will have to search for the truth.

just because it says something on wikipedia doesn't mean that it is correct check other places and compare.

Comment

Ok, thanks for advice on throws people. As for where I'm from - it just randomly came up in conversation and I don't plan to prove a thing to anybody and never did. The reason is that I want to enjoy some anonimity on this forum.

As for some people over reacting to the things I said... If you think that a lot of fights, giving bribes to policemen and the locals not being in love with you for being an arrogant, dimwited foreigner means you are in some kind of anti-utopia, then you ought to get out a little more. I don't think that what I told you makes my old country very dangerous. Yeah, so there are fights. I won't say that's a good thing, but everybody here is taking some martial art, so it's not like none of you guys have never had your butt kicked or come close to it wherever it was you lived. In my old country it would probably just happen a bit more often. Sucks, but not a reason to call it dangerous.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X