This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Hair?

How detrimental would you say having long hair is for grappling? BJJ in particular?

It's a fucking pain, it gets stepped on all the time. I had the girlfriend hack away at my customary indie-kid curtains about 2 months after I started BJJ, and I haven't gone back since.

Comment

Daaamn eet. I'm going to have tp start BJJ soon, my hair is rather long :(

Comment

I had the same thoughts, my hair goes down between my shoulder blades. PoopLoops wears a hair net while grappling, and Kat and Ashy recommend something called a 'French Plait' if memory serves.
        "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
        "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
        "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
        "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
        "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
        "More God delusions." - DAYoung
        "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Comment

A combination of plaiting, Ouchless hairbands and wrestling headgear should take care of most problems that come with long hair. Other than that - get used to having people step on it and to pissing people off because they get your hair in their mouth. That's their problem, though.
          There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

Training partner perspective:

Yeah it is our problem. It's fucking disgusting.

Comment

Did randori with a chick with pigtails recently. I kept grabbing them along with her collar, heh.

Comment

^That's hot.
                Last edited by Nid; 12/10/2006 8:55am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Kein Haar
                  ^That's hot.
                  Yeah I didn't mind it too much. She was a national Judo champion too, so she 'dominated' me nonetheless, hurr hurr hurr

Comment

yeah you put your hair up or put it in a braid or something. I myself cut my hair short cause I am incredibly lame at managing long hair. I am thinking about growing it out again, only with short bangs. or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Kein Haar
                      Training partner perspective:

Yeah it is our problem. It's fucking disgusting.
                      Word!
                      :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
                      Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
                      Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Comment

I highly recommend chopping your mop off.

Comment

long hair looks stupid on anyone who is a.) not female, or b.) not Adrian Paul.

edit: and yes, it's a major pain in the ass.
                          Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
                            long hair looks stupid on anyone who is a.) not female, or b.) not Adrian Paul.
                            Are you saying that both myself and Steven Seagal look stupid?

*cries*
                            "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
                            "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
                            "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
                            "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
                            "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
                            "More God delusions." - DAYoung
                            "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Comment

Not really, long hair suits me, so there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X