Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About a month or two ago I lopped off 18 inches of braid which went to "Locks of Love "( donated in my wife's mother's name who died from cancer ) which is a cancer group who makes wigs for people suffering from the effects of chemotherapy ) then shaved my head . I left some photo evidence in KP training log .

I haven't missed it much unless the wind is blowing and I forget to bring a hat . My training partners thank me everytime we grapple/wrestle and I now have my peripheral back when I tuck my chin .

Turned into a win/win situation .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 12/11/2006 6:09pm, .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I have dreadlocks past my shoulder. So when I first started BJJ I was slapping my partners in the eyes with my dreads. I just wear a t shirt around my head to keep my hair wrapped up.
      カンフー

Comment

I also recommend wearing women's stockings to cover your hair depending on your hair length.
        カンフー

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jones
          I just wear a t shirt around my head to keep my hair wrapped up.
          Fucking towel head looking fool , you have to be talking out of your ass. How the hell are you keeping the shirt on ? I have tried things similiar in nature and it just doesn't work .

Unless of course ... you are using staples and/or nails .

You can't even drill on the ground with something wrapped around your head/hair with out it coming off the first time you bridge , roll , or shrimp .

*edit*
          I have dreadlocks past my shoulder. So when I first started BJJ I was slapping my partners in the eyes with my dreads..
          I liked the being their guard and choking/gagging them as stray hair falls in their face , even more effective when they have a mouth peice in .
          Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 12/11/2006 6:44pm, .
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
          BILL HICKS,
          1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
          ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I also recommend wearing women's stockings to cover your hair depending on your hair length.
            well this actually works ... but you have to have it in braids, micro braids , or dreads .... and you look like doof , but you get to keep your hair .
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

maybe your t shirt is too small or something
              カンフー

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
                long hair looks stupid on anyone who is a.) not female, or b.) not Adrian Paul.

edit: and yes, it's a major pain in the ass.
                My wife disagrees a.) and b.), but I agree with your last point, especially in the summer, so keep my hair shorn. I buzz it in the summer and let it grow in the winter, with occasional trims, and then back to the summer cut again. I used to have fairly long hair (between the upper edges of my shoulder blades), but it just got to be too big of a pain in the ass, especially when training in unairconditioned dojang in Hawai'i and surfing.

Pic of me and my wife. By her belly, you can see that I do get lucky at least occasionally, despite the skinhead hair cut.

Last edited by TEA; 12/11/2006 9:01pm, .
                Mushi mo atsui hodo
                Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
                ...Well fuck if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi shit I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
                Three rights make a left.

Comment

Lovely wife. How far along is she?

very tall too

Comment

Cut it off. I did.

That was the mid 90's. Shortly after, I started having sex again.

100 more reasons: http://the-light.com/mens/6/images.html
                    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
                    - Voltaire

Comment

I have long hair and it's a pain in the balls and I don't even do BJJ. I do Shotokan, but any spinning kicks, or just any rotation that is too quick and I get whipped in the eye or it flies in my mouth and I choke myself out...

Comment

Originally posted by TEA
                        My wife disagrees a.) and b.), but I agree with your last point, especially in the summer, so keep my hair shorn. I buzz it in the summer and let it grow in the winter, with occasional trims, and then back to the summer cut again. I used to have fairly long hair (between the upper edges of my shoulder blades), but it just got to be too big of a pain in the ass, especially when training in unairconditioned dojang in Hawai'i and surfing.

Pic of me and my wife. By her belly, you can see that I do get lucky at least occasionally, despite the skinhead hair cut.

Looking at the picture, I thought you were the pregnant one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kein Haar
                          Training partner perspective:

Yeah it is our problem. It's fucking disgusting.
                          Not only is the hair in the mouth disgusting, it is also gross as all fuck when you're training with someone with a big mop that's soaked with sweat.

NASTY.

Cut your hair like an adult.

Comment

When I had the stupid "sort-of-long-but-not-really" skater haircut, it wasn't really a pain for BJJ. I remember actually fighting an armbar one time by grabbing onto my hair.
                            sudo make me a sandwich!

Comment

Originally posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
                              Lovely wife. How far along is she?

very tall too
                              C-section after three failed inductions 10/26/05. Gwyneth just had her first birthday and celebrated her second Halloween.

I keep telling her to keep her hands up and forget that crappy Oly style TKD stance, but I'm just her Dad, so WTF do I know. She is getting better with her hand technique, though. She caught me with two good jabs after watching UFC Fight Night with me last night. Lucky for me, I managed to slip her right cross.
                              Mushi mo atsui hodo
                              Mushiatsui

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa
                                Looking at the picture, I thought you were the pregnant one.
                                Bwahaha. Thats my "sympathy weight." :wink: I've lost over 15 lbs since then. Only 40 more and I'll be back to my old fighting weight. :roll:
                                Mushi mo atsui hodo
                                Mushiatsui

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X