So, I started Tai Chi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Mantis
    Yes, that application is in there, and it is obvious, but not one I would recommend or teach from tai chi. I am of the opinion that if you want to learn to grapple, tai chi is NOT your best choice. Tai chi is good, but not for that.

So, if your tai chi instructor is teaching you grappling techniques, I suggest you go someplace else.

Edit: and there is always more than one technique to be brought out of a "form" it's a matter of what is best for you. Occam's razor..... amen.
    Tell that to the guy in the first few mins of this vid.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...tai+chi+tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
      I don't know how you kung fu fags do it, but I was taught snake creeps down as a kata guruma-like throw.
      Wow, could it be, that there's actual EVIDENCE of Japanese martial arts evolving from Chinese systems? Gosh... ;-)
      Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
      :
      I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
      " - by Vorpal

Comment

I don't know how you kung fu fags do it, but I was taught snake creeps down as a kata guruma-like throw. Check it: http://www.judoinfo.com/images/anima...kataguruma.htm
        Yep, that looks like it...
        Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
        - Voltaire

Comment

Time would be better spent learning Shuai Chiao or Mantis for standing grappling, in my opinion. Of course, time is not wasted on training tai chi, however, it would not be my main choice for training grappling or striking for that matter, but that's me. I'm sure that there are as many stars in the sky as the number of kung fu masters who would disagree with me, but that is just the way the CMA community is.

Of course, much of this is silly as there is overlap of tai chi into other systems of CMA. It is what you train, as well as how you train.
          “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Stop talking about actual fighting, you vulgar meatheads.

I'm trying to cultivate 'oceanic chi'.
            Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
            click here to order on Amazon

Comment

I just got negrepped by Kidspatula for doing Tai Chi...

Nice.

Kick a man while he's down.

Comment

Mantis does grabbling? Videos pls, kthnx.

Comment

By the way, here is a link to the place I'm training at.

Comment

Mantis does grabbling? Videos pls, kthnx.
                    Did you think the mantis hand position is just for show?

The standing grappling in mantis is either a lock or a pull into a strike. I also used it to pull a person into the ground, but not posting any of my videos, maybe some year, but not today.
                    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

THE MANTIS CLAN ARE SICK MEN OF ASIA AND I WILL BREAK YOUR MASTER'S SIGN.
                      !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

Originally posted by DAYoung
                        By the way, here is a link to the place I'm training at.
                        Have you tried the acupuncture?

Comment

Have you tried the acupuncture?
                          No. I had enough pins and needles from my spinal injury.

Hurr hurr.

Comment

. . . but not posting any of my videos, maybe some year, but not today.
                            Good lord, man, why not?

Comment

Good lord, man, why not?
                              Personal reasons.

I also forgot before, standing grappling is very dominant in eagle claw. Moreso than mantis.

Comment

So, does anyone have any scuttlebutt about Fu style?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X