X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metarat
    replied
    Originally posted by Shinoobie
    Lol, I would be perfectly happy to afford someone else the opportunity as soon as I don't have a ridiculous amount of improvement to do. . . . . I call you guys trolls because this site has an unusual negative overtone. I'm fine with the environment otherwise I wouldn't be here. This website is by definition a negative place since it is named bullshido, just don't pretend that it's normal.
    I'm not "trolling" you, or even particularly down on you. You are perhaps the most logical and balanced of the three 'Ninjiistas' who are taking heat in this thread. I am pointing out what appear, to me, to be some logic errors you are making. Its a healthy sign you are willing to refer to your training as Taijutsu, or whatever, and just keep training. But look at what you said-- your allegiance to your current instructor is because he could kick your butt-- but you seem to be aware that many of these "trolls" could do the same. So you are probably not at a level, yet, where you can distinguish real high level skills.

Just remember that some of the "trolls" here are MA instructors, or capable of being so. They are basically (through sarcasm and a verbal ass-whupping) warning you to be careful of too-slavish belief in ANY teacher/master/guru, OR school. Especially one with some historically dicey roots, like Ninjutsu training in the West.

I went to a BJJ school just two days ago to test my skills.
    Hope you didn't use the Death Touch on anyone. :XXbuzzsaw

Good luck with your training.

Leave a comment:

• Goju - Joe
    replied
    ^^^

Dude seriously stop referring to any games as a justification for martial arts.

Advanced Calculus teaches you problem solving it has nothing to do with anything Martial Arts. And while I love chess and used to be pretty good at it. Thinking the strategic lessons from it have anything directly applicable to MA is wrong.

BS martial arts / teachers/ philosophies over load their adherents with theoretical gobbledygook to confuse and blind the faithful.

On the whole Buj is very guilty of this. Doesn't mean it's all crap or that everyone buys it but in general it is a systematic problem with many "To Deadly To Spar" MA's.

Now I am off to pogo to play some online chess

Leave a comment:

• Karasu
    replied
    Thomaspaine, I suggest posting something that makes sense, no where do I compare combat to video games, all I said a friend mentioned a game that used the CQC techniques that I had previously talked about

Now if you're talking about the strategic value of games I was talking about, then I suggest you take a look at the simple game of chess, and tell me that it has no value in strategy what so ever. I don't expect you to understand strategy, but if the shit ever hits the fan, I'd like to have a general idea of what to do before the situation occurs, and that's how strategy helps me. If you don't like my opinion and feel as if you have to post more to try to belittle me, then I suggest finding a nice pointy pencil and stab yourself repeatedly in the ear. You'd be better off wasting your time doing that instead of bugging me with your deflated ego's desire to fit in somewhere, since I really don't care what most of you Bullshido ppl think.

Leave a comment:

• Axelton
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal MAP
    Name me ONE army that uses taijutsu that has had ANY success in combat against an enemy other than pygmies armed with sharpened fruit
    Since when did armies fight hand to hand? Last I heard they used high powered weaponry.

Leave a comment:

• Goju - Joe
    replied
    Bullshido only loks negative on the surface. It is in fact a crucible that burns away crap. Not specifically any style but the whole

"I am ok, you're OK" approach to martial arts equivalency, which would be laughed at in any other field of endeavour.

When people say every style and every martial artist has merit they're full of poop. People who believe the earth is falt are idiots and their beliefs and views do not have merit.

Your Buj training may be the real deal, but many people come on here and claim the same thing - Not just about Buj but almost every other MA, and they get but through the ringer.

If they can take it, argue intelligently and prove their points they're respected, if they run off saying

"You're a bunch of meanies and don't understand the true meaning of martial arts" then they're likely to be a weak willed sheeple who is incapable of critical thinking and probably does crapy "The world is Flat" martial arts.

You have actually done a decent job defending yourself so far.

There are other people here who do Bujikan, make it alive nd have posted vids to back up there claims.

Don't fall into the Bullshido is mean trap. You'll find after sometime that if you go to boards like MAP that it's so sickenly politically correct, you'll coming screaming back here.

Leave a comment:

• Shinoobie
    replied
    Originally posted by metarat
    So, your acceptance and belief in this -Ninjiutsu- teacher is predicated on the fact that he let you attack him, and then took you down. BUT, any of these guys who might want to set you straight, and give you a taste of reality, by doing exactly the same thing WITHOUT claiming special ninja powers, are "trolls", and you refuse to extend them the same opportunity, even if they are willing to take time and effort to come put the purely educational slap-down on you?!

Don't whine if no one takes you seriously.
    Lol, I would be perfectly happy to afford someone else the opportunity as soon as I don't have a ridiculous amount of improvement to do. I need to be better with my technique specifically in ground fighting and more importantly I need to be in better shape. Once that is under control then I'll look for other ways to improve. I call you guys trolls because this site has an unusual negative overtone. I'm fine with the environment otherwise I wouldn't be here. This website is by definition a negative place since it is named bullshido, just don't pretend that it's normal.

BTW there are no special powers here claimed or observed. If I have to say this 1000 times I will: View what I do as Japanese Jujitsu and you'll get over it. I am also in no need of a reality check... I regularly train in an alive manner and when I feel that I need a refresher I go to a different dojo and try my skills there.

I went to a BJJ school just two days ago to test my skills. I'm doing fine, and my level of skill is of curious interest to so many people that don't know me and shouldn't care. Why fixate on me? Because I'm BJK? Like I said, JJJ. Thanks for your concern.

Leave a comment:

• Muqatil
    replied
    Originally posted by GoJu - Joe
    As far as I understand at it's core BBT or Taijitsu is pretyy much standard JJJ and if you paractice it in an alive manner, with resistence you have something usefull.

The objections that most people have to these systems is

Lack of alive consistent training

A lot of the techniques are very similar to other JJJ. Some are very different.

Leave a comment:

• Muqatil
    replied
    Originally posted by Backdraft
    God forbid that someone actually train with Hatsumi in person and still find his style to be ineffective. Why, that would just be like, not cool.

Virus never said HE trained with Hatusmi or Nagato. He got his training from someone else. Based on his opinion of his instructor sucking, he made assumptions.

Like I said, he got someone elses version. Not the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Virus
    replied
    I'm still interested in what other instructors he visited that he felt didn't kick his ass enough. For all we know, he could have visited visit a kuk sool won, grand celestial do and a ving tsun club and come to the conclusion that his ninjer teacher is the most badass of them all.
    Last edited by Virus; 2/17/2007 8:06am, .

Leave a comment:

• metarat
    replied
    It was full contact on my part, but he was very nice to me. Meaning he made me tap instead of hitting me until I couldn't move. This shouldn't mean anything to you anyway because you have no idea how well I fight.

I won't "throw down" with anyone and I'm certainly not inviting any of you trolls to a class. Come and train with me, that can be your validation if you really need it.
    So, your acceptance and belief in this -Ninjiutsu- teacher is predicated on the fact that he let you attack him, and then took you down. BUT, any of these guys who might want to set you straight, and give you a taste of reality, by doing exactly the same thing WITHOUT claiming special ninja powers, are "trolls", and you refuse to extend them the same opportunity, even if they are willing to take time and effort to come put the purely educational slap-down on you?!

Don't whine if no one takes you seriously.

Leave a comment:

• thomaspaine
    replied
    It's fine that anyone here wants to question my martial background and whatnot and all I can say is that if you're in the area, I'll train with you. I won't "throw down" with anyone and I'm certainly not inviting any of you trolls to a class. Come and train with me, that can be your validation if you really need it. Nothing I say on this forum will prove anything, and I'm not looking to. But I'm guessing that since there is no humiliation involved and almost none of you view BJK as legitimate then that won't happen. So lets just skip to the part where you all ignore me forever.
    All it takes is video.

Leave a comment:

• Goju - Joe
    replied
    As far as I understand at it's core BBT or Taijitsu is pretyy much standard JJJ and if you paractice it in an alive manner, with resistence you have something usefull.

The objections that most people have to these systems is

Lack of alive consistent training

Leave a comment:

• Shinoobie
    replied
    Originally posted by thomaspaine
    "OK come at me with a punch...wait, not that punch...wait, don't move after you punch...ok now stand there...Taijutsu FTW!"
    That wouldn't be alive training now would it? Yes I was fighting back and yes he let me do anything I wanted. At the time that included an attempted leg kick, a double leg take down, there was a punch somewhere in there and I tried to get seionage. None of them got far. It was full contact on my part, but he was very nice to me. Meaning he made me tap instead of hitting me until I couldn't move. This shouldn't mean anything to you anyway because you have no idea how well I fight.

It's fine that anyone here wants to question my martial background and whatnot and all I can say is that if you're in the area, I'll train with you. I won't "throw down" with anyone and I'm certainly not inviting any of you trolls to a class. Come and train with me, that can be your validation if you really need it. Nothing I say on this forum will prove anything, and I'm not looking to. But I'm guessing that since there is no humiliation involved and almost none of you view BJK as legitimate then that won't happen. So lets just skip to the part where you all ignore me forever.

Like I said, just view what I do as Japanese Jujitsu and you'll have an easier time digesting my posts.

Leave a comment:

• thomaspaine
    replied
    It's usually a bad idea to write a post which simultaneously compares combat to video games, while admitting that makeing such comparisons makes you look like a retard.

Leave a comment:

• Karasu
    replied
    lol, you're right, it's strategy I learn from games, no actual techniques, and my sensie tells me all the time not to emphasize what I've learned from virtual enviroments, but I can't help to think about the Army's Force XXI trials. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but its a good example of training in vitural reality, even though SOCOM and any other game isn't true combat in any sense. I do apply what I've learned from paintball to what I might encounter in a gunfight, one thing I know from paintball, I really don't want to get shot, and tend not to. Also, to clarify, I'm not the guy that's running across the field, dodging shots, usually I'm sneaking across the battlefield striking at people's back when they aren't looking my way, but that's just me. It's really fun to play with games (real or virtual) with ex-military. I'd suggest getting good in their book and they usually don't mind showing you a few tricks of the trade. That's one thing I've probably pulled the most out of this game SOCOM, since I was lucky enough to learn tactics from people who claimed to be in the military at one point or another (can't prove it but I believed it). But then again, things proved to me in an environment with rules. That's all I'll speak of video games, and I hope you dom't think less of me expressing value for virtual combat.

As for being exposed to CQC, it wasn't video games, again a buddy in the Rangers showed me this concept back in 2002, before I had heard of a video game using it. I heard someone mentioning combatives at a party and trying to express the techniques that my Ranger buddy showed me, and ended up correcting him. He was suprised I was familar with the sytem and then mentioned the game he had seen it in. I also wasn't in Taijutsu at the time, the realization of the similarities of the art didn't occur until a few months ago when I was handling a practice beretta.

As for practicing with Ashida Kim... no thanks, I've seen one of his books, and I promptly threw that garbage away, thanks though

I appreciate your insight Mugatil, I won't speak of virtual combat again with a conversation involving Taijutsu, it does make me sound like a "noob" after I think about it.

-From Wikipedia
    "A previous reshaping plan was the mid-late 90s Force XXI. One of its initiatives was Task Force 21 (also Task Force XXI), a battlefield digitizied brigade formed for the Advanced Warfighting Exercises in 1997 to test Force XXI concepts, technology, and tactics. The brigade was formed from the 4th Infantry Division and the 1st Cavalry Division. The 4th Infantry Division units assigned were 3-66 Armor and 1-22 Infantry, both of the First Brigade.

Technologies tested included Software-defined radios, Applique computers, Ground Surveillance Radar, Satellite radio email systems, and Advanced UAV technology. TF-XXI participated in various Advanced Warfighting Exercises, including WARRIOR FOCUS (1995 #4)." -wikipedia.com (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_XXI#Force_XXI)
    Last edited by Karasu; 2/17/2007 12:58am, .

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X