Bujinkult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karasu
    , but I do enjoy an intelligent arguement.
    Evidence so far suggests this is not in fact true

Comment

Okay, I think misunderstand my stance on martial arts, I don't dedicate myself to one art, I plan on moving through a variety of different arts, but what I am learning is applicable in my opinion, but I'm not here to change anyone elses. I have no intentions of mentioning any names of people I know, or people I've learned from, I doubt it would do any good, but the gentlemen that introduced these tactics to me was a US Ranger, who served in Ahfganistan before our so stupid President decided to goto Iraq. I don't doubt his training one bit, he's still around, must mean something. He also mentioned specific tactics against long barrelled weapon in close range combat, one of the perks of using the knife in such a manner, but used as a last resort tactic. Just making observations.

Comment

Okay, I think misunderstand my stance on martial arts, I don't dedicate myself to one art, I plan on moving through a variety of different arts, but what I am learning is applicable in my opinion, but I'm not here to change anyone elses. I have no intentions of mentioning any names of people I know, or people I've learned from, I doubt it would do any good, but the gentlemen that introduced these tactics to me was a US Ranger, who served in Ahfganistan before our so stupid President decided to goto Iraq. I don't doubt his training one bit, he's still around, must mean something. He also mentioned specific tactics against long barrelled weapon in close range combat, one of the perks of using the knife in such a manner, but used as a last resort tactic. Just making observations.

No, you came here made a blanket assertion and have been called on it. Now back it up or go away.

WHICH ARMIES TEACH TAIJUTSU?

That is not the same as "I know a man down the pub who use dto be in the T.A. who was a ninja" which is analogous to what you are claiming.

If you won't put up some form of training history you have no credibility and cannot expect to be taken seriously.

Now try again with that answer - it is very easy

Comment

In case you try a bit of retro-editing, here it is again

. Also, I've noticed that quite a bit of close quarter military combat arts use Taijutsu extensively, not sure if any of you have noticed that, and I'm not suggesting it's better, just pointing out a choice made by militaries across the world.
          Now answer the question.

Comment

Ah, I didn't think that was a serious question
            Marine Corp programs use a mix of various martial arts
            So does the Army, I'm not gonna do the research for
            you, I already know what I know, and I don't care
            if you believe me. Knowing what's real and what's not
            is your choice, but if you really want to know the truth,
            find it for yourself. I'm not wasting my time disproving
            someone, if that was the case. Google it for yourself
            unless it's too much work

Comment

Oh, no what I'm talking about is the usage of weapons and using weak points like the groin, face, and other mean places, and the footwork also (although some of the footwork I'd never use in a real fight) along with some of the basic joint techniques

Comment

Ah, I didn't think that was a serious question
                Marine Corp programs use a mix of various martial arts
                So does the Army, I'm not gonna do the research for
                you, I already know what I know, and I don't care
                if you believe me. Knowing what's real and what's not
                is your choice, but if you really want to know the truth,
                find it for yourself. I'm not wasting my time disproving
                someone, if that was the case. Google it for yourself
                unless it's too much work
                I don't need to google it you pratt - it is simple. NO ARMY USES IT

The U.S. unarmed combatives manual is a BJJ/MMA mix and has bog all to do with taijutsu.

YOU made an assertion and now YOU must prove it - I have now stated my positiion clearly. Do the same or admit you can't and grow from the experience

Comment

haha ok I understand
                  If I could produce some sort of evidence I could support my arguement here
                  But I guess it's applicable since this was passed to me word of mouth and I have
                  no tape of what was said, or any Military manuals, I had an original point that you
                  washed aside with all your sidestepping and meaningless quibbles. I find this
                  forum amusing.

So I guess lemme start over

No one really teaches Ninjutsu
                  Taijutsu is Taijutsu

Comment

While the armed forces may use techniques that have their origins in the Japanes martial arts and that Taijitsu might share these techniques they didn't get them from taijitsu in fact Taijitsu is mostly made up of other techniques from other Ryu's

Also knowing a technique and knowing how to make it work are 2 different things. Basing your assumption that you know how to make it work because some else does ignores all differences in training methodolgy and philosophy

Comment

I know that, 9 different schools
                      But instead of going out to find those schools, I got it in a mix bag :)
                      And the weapons are one of the main things I love, we have weapon sparring in our dojo, and I loved Kendo throughly when I took it when I was younger, but now I'm being exposed to more than the sword. Knife defense works pretty well, my room mate regularly tries to ambush me with a rubber knife, and I fair pretty well, but not I'm not claiming perfection yet, and I've learned a bit about more about firearms as well.
                      I've also learned to effectively use sticks, chains, ropes, and throwing weapons.

I already have a good combat experience with Jiujutsu and hodgepodge of moves friends have taught me. The one thing I'd rely on the most from what I've learned are the small joint locks that Jiujutsu didn't teach me that tend to break fingers when people crawl all over you. I take what I find effective to the fight, not the trash, I mean, I want to learn what there is to be learned, but not use everything. I mean I hate sutemi throws from Jiujutsu, since my back was messed up, so I don't use them unless it's the best/only option. Just an example.

As for testing techniques, my room mate has the same mindset as many of you, does it work? So when I show a technique, he resists, and I find out right there on the spot. I don't eye gouge him, or kick him in the groin, or attack pressure points, or small joint lock him, or headbutts, so I am limited when testing the technique. When using some techniques, I recognized why they failed, the key to some is defeating resistance in the opponent. This requires attacking weak points to get you to comply, potentially painful weak points that I mentioned earlier.

Comment

Testing stuff out with your roommate is nto enough. You need to be in a school where alive testing of certain techniques is the noram and happens every class so you can have a qualified instructor tell you what little thing you're missing.

You would be better off right now with Judo or BJJ

Comment

okay, thanks for the suggestion, I already have experience in traditional Jiujutsu and established then I wouldn't do Judo. I didn't learn all that there is to learn in Jiujutsu, I would try it again in the near future, but I'm happy with the people I do train with.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
                            So you kicked the ass of all of the BJJ, judo and muay thai instructors you fought when shopping around?
                            Somehow you would think on a text forum that a person would read your post before they respond. I said that the Bujinkan kicked my ass the best...not that I kicked the ass of anyone. I don't claim to be good, and almost no one should.

There is no magic involved here. Your martial art isn't special and neither is mine. It is the responsibility of the practitioner to see what works and what doesn't.

Just think of what I do in the Bujinkan as Jujitsu and we can all get past this. In any art that does not *require* alive training there will be bullshido. Eh, earth ninja? But we do alive training and I for one commonly go around and spar with other groups/styles just to make sure I don't have serious bad habits. I'd love to train with anyone on here if you want to PM me, provided that you live close to me. Just let me know, we could go to Bw3's or something too if you want.

Comment

Were you actually fighting back when he "kicked your ass"? What schools did you compare this bujinkan guy to?

Comment

if you had read his previous post, you probably could have made a good assumption. By what he said that he took every available martial art in his area, not sure how accurate my guess, but pretty sure that means all the common ones, karate, muay thai, jiujutsu, judo, tae kwon do, etc

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X